PDA

View Full Version : New MyMagic+ at Disney World

wendyburger
01-17-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm curious to see all of the new MyMagic+ tools in the works. I think the MagicBand will be handy and hope this is also available for Annual Passes. So far I haven't heard any news about that.

What do you think of some of these features?
MyMagic+ Key Features (http://kwlimited.com/vacationsbywendy/MM_WDW_Ref_Guide_012013.pdf)

PSL1013
01-17-2013, 07:04 PM
I don't like it, I don't like change!!! :rolleyes:

MKCP84
01-17-2013, 08:30 PM
When is this all starting or has it started? My daughter will be on a band trip to WDW in March and this will be great way for them to get fastpasses since they don't go to Epcot until this afternoon.

wendyburger
01-21-2013, 12:44 PM
They have been testing this for a little while and have not put out a timeline yet on when it will be in full swing. Some guests have been invited to test it out, so if you already have a reservation, keep on eye on your emails if you are hoping to test.

I think the bands will be great for my son, so he won't loose his ticket or hotel room key. He insists on carrying them. They have already changed the resort room locks so you just hold the key in front instead of having to slide it. That was much easier since the slide thing it seems like I have to slide it at least 7 times before the lock turns green.

SunshineGirl
01-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Ack! Did you see this new news?

Disney Questioned by Congress About MyMagic+ (http://www.helpingmomsconnect.com/2013/01/24/disney-questioned-by-congress-about-mymagic/)

RENITA
01-28-2013, 08:53 AM
:party: went to watch my daughter run the half marathon, and they were trying it out at all the parks.

The entrances were divided in half and you were directed to Room key with tickets to the new system. :headache: Everyone else had to go through the other turnstyles on the other side. At MK the new was on the left and at Epcot the new was on the right (so if you came in the right entrance, you had to walk all the way to the other side to get in line to go in).

We stayed at the Carribean and our room keys the new scan. Just hold key up in front of lock and it flashed green. :sunshine2::clap:

I assume the new system is like the Be Our Guest resturant.

They gave you a rose and scanned it with information, then you were located in the resturant by the server with the GPS in the rose. The Be our Guest Host said within a year all the Table service resturants at Disney world would be using the same technology.

Like the convience of room key, but do not care for tracking where you are and what you are buying.

SCard
09-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Looks like the rollout is happening. I was able to make my FP+ choices last night and order my Magic Bands.

RENITA
09-13-2013, 01:13 PM
what is the date of you trip?

SCard
09-13-2013, 01:20 PM
what is the date of you trip?

We are at POFQ, that resort goes live 9/30/13. Lots of people logged into My Disney Experience yesterday and the option popped up. Almost all resorts are live for October, nothing yet after 10/31 but it must be coming if they added so many more resorts.

kristenrice
09-13-2013, 03:10 PM
We are at POFQ, that resort goes live 9/30/13. Lots of people logged into My Disney Experience yesterday and the option popped up. Almost all resorts are live for October, nothing yet after 10/31 but it must be coming if they added so many more resorts.

UGH!! I am going on November 7 and staying at AKV. I know it is currently a test resort, but the testing is scheduled to end at the end of October...so where does that leave those of us arriving the first week of November??

SCard
09-13-2013, 04:05 PM
UGH!! I am going on November 7 and staying at AKV. I know it is currently a test resort, but the testing is scheduled to end at the end of October...so where does that leave those of us arriving the first week of November??

the experts on the Dis Boards seem to think that this is the roll out and that November 1 all the resorts will be live with FP+; hope they are right. Doesn't seem like they would add all the resorts for October and then stop. Could be a few weeks before you know for sure. I still have not gotten any invite from Disney and no announcement but my resort was added yesterday.

Good Luck

I have to say it was pretty cool to make FP+ choices last night on line.

RENITA
09-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Going september 23rd to 27th and staying at the Allstars Movies and then again the weekend of november the 16th and staying at the Carribean but so far no invite for new magic .

SCard
09-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Going september 23rd to 27th and staying at the Allstars Movies and then again the weekend of november the 16th and staying at the Carribean but so far no invite for new magic .

Allstar Movies doesn't start until Sept 30 and nothing for November yet.
I still haven't gotten an invite but was able to make FP+ on Thursday; better chance you will see it in My Disney Experience before an e-mail.

Enjoy your trips.

RENITA
09-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Talked to disney today and the rep said all go live aafter oct 31, if the trial now works. He said if you get picked for magic band then you get an email 28 days prior to your trip to be able to reserve fast pass etc.

SCard
09-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Talked to disney today and the rep said all go live aafter oct 31, if the trial now works. He said if you get picked for magic band then you get an email 28 days prior to your trip to be able to reserve fast pass etc.

YAY!

My Magic Bands are shipping tomorrow and I still have not received the invite for FP+ :rotfl:

SCard
09-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Lots of posts today on the board where we are not allowed to post about Sunshine that FP+ is now available for November. No invites, just people logging into My Disney Experience and the option for FP+ is there.

SunshineGirl
09-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Lots of posts today on the board where we are not allowed to post about Sunshine that FP+ is now available for November. No invites, just people logging into My Disney Experience and the option for FP+ is there.

It's driving me crazy waiting! Our next reservation is for December and I so want to know how it is all going to work! I'm sure they will have everything ironed out by the time we go in June. We have annual passes right now and reservations through DVC for both.

kristenrice
09-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I can't remember when it popped up that I was eligible to make FP+ selections...maybe 2 weeks ago??? I was able to make a few, but since it is just DH and I, and we're doing the 1/2 Marathon, we are really only going to hit the parks when the mood strikes us. Even then, we'll probably only do 2-3 things. I made FP+ for the evening that we plan to be at DHS. We'll do AK in the morning (AM EMH) which shouldn't need FP"s for the safari and maybe Everest. I have RnRC, TSMM, and Fantasmic as my selections for DHS. I figure we can squeeze in ToT too since that line is usually better than RnRC.

A few days ago, I broke down and decided to do online check in. I usually don't because I've never seen the need for it and figured that it isn't necessary. As soon as I did, I went to MDE and there was the option to customize and order my Magic Bands. It said I had 12 days left to customize them so I assume that they will be sent out within the next two weeks.

I am wondering a few things...

First, since the Magic Bands are supposed to start working right at the airport and allow you to board DME without the vouchers, do they still send the DME packet? I think they still need to send at least the luggage tags. If they still arrive in the 6-week window, we should be getting ours sometime this week.

Second, since I've already "checked in" and our flight doesn't land until 5:30pm, and *IF* I get the room ready text, wouldn't it be cool if we could just get off the DME bus and head straight to our room!? The online check-in confirmation seems to hint that it might be possible...

"...the check-in process shall become complete in Florida upon showing my photo identification, and receipt of a Key to the World card or by entering my room utilizing my authorized MagicBand."

I assume that we still need to wait in line at the desk, but maybe I will just send hubby up to the room and see if he can get in:D.

SCard
09-28-2013, 06:41 PM
I can't remember when it popped up that I was eligible to make FP+ selections...maybe 2 weeks ago??? I was able to make a few, but since it is just DH and I, and we're doing the 1/2 Marathon, we are really only going to hit the parks when the mood strikes us. Even then, we'll probably only do 2-3 things. I made FP+ for the evening that we plan to be at DHS. We'll do AK in the morning (AM EMH) which shouldn't need FP"s for the safari and maybe Everest. I have RnRC, TSMM, and Fantasmic as my selections for DHS. I figure we can squeeze in ToT too since that line is usually better than RnRC.

A few days ago, I broke down and decided to do online check in. I usually don't because I've never seen the need for it and figured that it isn't necessary. As soon as I did, I went to MDE and there was the option to customize and order my Magic Bands. It said I had 12 days left to customize them so I assume that they will be sent out within the next two weeks.

I am wondering a few things...

First, since the Magic Bands are supposed to start working right at the airport and allow you to board DME without the vouchers, do they still send the DME packet? I think they still need to send at least the luggage tags. If they still arrive in the 6-week window, we should be getting ours sometime this week.

Second, since I've already "checked in" and our flight doesn't land until 5:30pm, and *IF* I get the room ready text, wouldn't it be cool if we could just get off the DME bus and head straight to our room!? The online check-in confirmation seems to hint that it might be possible...

"...the check-in process shall become complete in Florida upon showing my photo identification, and receipt of a Key to the World card or by entering my room utilizing my authorized MagicBand."

I assume that we still need to wait in line at the desk, but maybe I will just send hubby up to the room and see if he can get in:D.

I got my DME package before I was eligible for FP+, I would guess they still need to send the luggage tags. Everything is supposed to be on the bands, but where its still "testing" I think I many bring my vouchers too. We are supposed to be able to use the bands to board the bus.

It was really nice to be able to FP+ the headliners and not have to worry about hurrying to get FP for things like TSM. We've never done Fantasmic, have the dining package for that and am looking forward to it.

Glad we have a chance to try out FP+ as it will be 3-5 years before we can go again; I am already starting to put my SR earnings away towards our next trip

Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

PSL1013
10-01-2013, 08:17 AM
We are here now and using the Magicbands, they are working great and are so convenient. You can even go in the pools with them, no more hiding the room key in your shoe! LOL. Put dinning reservations on them too and they can bring a hand held scanner to the table to pay with them...way too easy to spend, definitely don't need to carry much cash! ;)

SCard
10-01-2013, 08:33 AM
We are here now and using the Magicbands, they are working great and are so convenient. You can even go in the pools with them, no more hiding the room key in your shoe! LOL. Put dinning reservations on them too and they can bring a hand held scanner to the table to pay with them...way too easy to spend, definitely don't need to carry much cash! ;)

Thanks for the update, does sound VERY convenient.

RENITA
10-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Got the offer to order magic bands last week, and yesterday got offer to make magic fast pass up to 3 for day. I called since we have annual passes.

I can use bands for room only, food, and fast pass. Do not have to use the days on the bands (got for the free dinning) to get fast pass.

we are stopping in ocala on thursday night then on to disney inthe morning. checking in on friday 15 and out on monday 18. We plan to go to epcot on Friday.

Unfortunately the fast pass will only allow us to reserve starting on saturday 16 so no hope for our first day.:mad:

It is kinda weird as it will let me reserve fast pass :eek: until December 7th.

RENITA
10-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Here are some pictures of our magic bands. I got an email yesterday saying that they were being shipped and then got them in the afternoon.
230 229231 You peal tear apart the bracelet removing the colored part to use on small child. The smallest is a little complicated due to the flat top with chip to measure. From what I can tell the colored band when removed should fit up to 6". When you make it smaller it not round and has the long top with chip, so too hard to measure for the smallest.

They come big. The largest is 8 1/2 " wrist when the 2 pegs are snapped in. It is kind of deceptive looking and measures longer on the outside, but you have to accommodate for the chip side that spans the back of the top. When I put a piece of paper on the inside and measure, it shows the real size.

They're made of rubber plastic like crocs and are similar to their bands. When we were at Disney in September, we saw in the resort shops stations to buy things to personalize them like the jibbets for crocs.

I personally do not like the feel of it on my skin. It is uncomfortable. The top with the chip is 1 10/12 " then the sides go down to form the bracelet, which makes the bracelet grip your wrist. The undersides of the bracelet straps are ribbed between each of the holes used for adjustment or jibbets, and the bottom where the 2 little knobs poke in do poke me. I can not see this not being comfortable for small kids.

Then I wonder about the rubber plastic and what if my kid puts it in his mouth, and where is the warning for kids. Those jibbits can be a swallowing hazard.

PSL1013
10-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Wore ours everyday for two weeks and they do get more comfortable, I thought I would hate wearing them but they kind of softened up and conformed more to the wrist the more you wear them. We ended up liking them a lot.

SunshineGirl
10-31-2013, 03:34 PM
I am having so much trouble with the fast passes! It lets me go into the system and pick a day we will be there and a park. Then I pick 3 rides and click "next." It just keeps cycling back for me to pick out 3 rides again!

I was able to get it to work one time about 3 hours ago but decided not to book them at that time because I wanted to link our account to my inlaws. But it turns out I can't get the fast passes for them anyway...even though they will be there at the same time and in the parks with us.

ARGH!

SCard
10-31-2013, 04:30 PM
I am having so much trouble with the fast passes! It lets me go into the system and pick a day we will be there and a park. Then I pick 3 rides and click "next." It just keeps cycling back for me to pick out 3 rides again!

I was able to get it to work one time about 3 hours ago but decided not to book them at that time because I wanted to link our account to my inlaws. But it turns out I can't get the fast passes for them anyway...even though they will be there at the same time and in the parks with us.

ARGH!

did you use the "invite friends and family" function on MDE? I managed to set it up so I "managed" my sister's FP+. I had to link our resort reservations but can't recall how I did it. I made FP+ for all the people in both rooms.

We loved FP+. decided to change our days around and was able to make the changes the night before at the resort and changed a few at the kiosks in the park during the day. So nice to not have to run to TSM to get FP or go pull paper fast passes for different attractions and them back track to ride when the time came.

SunshineGirl
10-31-2013, 05:56 PM
Now I can get the system to work but it says that Cassie is ineligible for passes for some unknown reason. We all have the same annual passes. The same reservations. <sigh> I am sure I will love it once I get it all straightened out, but I am just not having much luck with it.

kristenrice
11-14-2013, 12:35 PM
We just got back from our 1/2 Marathon trip at AKV and the MagicBands were great. We did not have one single glitch. It was so convenient to use them at the F&W kiosks and the park entry was a breeze. I love that there are no turnstiles anymore. The most important hint I have for people is that you have to make sure you *touch* the band to the Mickey head sensor. You can't just get it in the area or wave at it, you have to make contact with it.

On our last night, we took a taxi over to WL for dinner at Artist Point. The security guard said she needed to scan a Magic Band or see an ID. I stuck my left arm out the window for her to scan and she looked at me funny. DH says, "Dear, that's your Garmin...your band is on your RIGHT hand":D. They are the same shade of pink so I was a little confused. Since our AP reservation was linked to the band, we had no problems.

SunshineGirl
11-14-2013, 03:33 PM
So we got all of our fast passes scheduled for our trip and I think it is actually going to work out well because we will be there at Christmas when it is crazy busy. So we'll probably actually be lucky to do 3 rides in 4 hours.

But I do have a question...can you still get regular fast passes for anything or do you basically now just get 3 fast passes a day and have to stand in line for everything else?

SCard
11-14-2013, 03:58 PM
So we got all of our fast passes scheduled for our trip and I think it is actually going to work out well because we will be there at Christmas when it is crazy busy. So we'll probably actually be lucky to do 3 rides in 4 hours.

But I do have a question...can you still get regular fast passes for anything or do you basically now just get 3 fast passes a day and have to stand in line for everything else?

right now you can use your KTTW cards that will be issued at check in to pull paper fast pass. At some point that option is going away as there will only be magic bands. We got paper fast passes a few times last month.

sounds like Christmas is a great time to be able to use FP+.

have you read anything on "that Disney message board" about the BOG Lunch Fast Pass? really nice and we used it last month.

SunshineGirl
11-14-2013, 04:13 PM
right now you can use your KTTW cards that will be issued at check in to pull paper fast pass. At some point that option is going away as there will only be magic bands. We got paper fast passes a few times last month.

sounds like Christmas is a great time to be able to use FP+.

have you read anything on "that Disney message board" about the BOG Lunch Fast Pass? really nice and we used it last month.

Ohhh....tell me more about the Lunch Fast Pass!

SCard
11-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Ohhh....tell me more about the Lunch Fast Pass!

it is supposed to be a test for invitees only but got posted on that board and tons of people are using it. It doesn't count towards the 3 FP/day and it won't show up on MDE. we had no issues getting in and the regular line was SO long.

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

you need your resort reservation ID (Magic Bands confirmation #) or 12 digit # beginning with a 4 from the Magical Express Luggage tags.

SunshineGirl
11-15-2013, 09:42 AM
it is supposed to be a test for invitees only but got posted on that board and tons of people are using it. It doesn't count towards the 3 FP/day and it won't show up on MDE. we had no issues getting in and the regular line was SO long.

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

you need your resort reservation ID (Magic Bands confirmation #) or 12 digit # beginning with a 4 from the Magical Express Luggage tags.

Thank you so much!!! We got it!! We only have one day when we are in MK for lunch and it just so happened to work out between our FP+ for rides. The girls are going to be so excited! We ate there on our last trip and they said they wanted to go back but we told them it was going to be too busy at Christmas. This will be a nice surprise. :)

SCard
11-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Thank you so much!!! We got it!! We only have one day when we are in MK for lunch and it just so happened to work out between our FP+ for rides. The girls are going to be so excited! We ate there on our last trip and they said they wanted to go back but we told them it was going to be too busy at Christmas. This will be a nice surprise. :)

glad you got it, I can't imagine what the lines will be like for lunch at Christmas. The braised pork was really good.

I tried for months to get an ADR for dinner and never got one, was nice to have this option.

gpp2001
11-15-2013, 10:51 AM

When you're at Be Our Guest, look up in the main dining room at all of the cherubs. There is a little girl cherub in the front corner that is my daughter!

SunshineGirl
11-15-2013, 10:53 AM
When you're at Be Our Guest, look up in the main dining room at all of the cherubs. There is a little girl cherub in the front corner that is my daughter!

We actually looked last time and I was telling my girls about it!! I couldn't remember which one was her but now that I see it, I remember. That is so incredibly awesome!!

RENITA
11-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Just got back and the magic bands while easy just put up to mickey and easy to get in room, it is way to easy to charge.

I had no charges allowed on the bands, but they still let my 16 year old charge, but the band would not open the room door ? Then did not charge the dinning plan on the band instead charged the room, so had to get it straightened out. Double check when using them that it is done correctly.

Band was uncomfortable, it made my wrists hurt :mad:and I did not like it, after 2 days had to put in my pocket to use, and that made it aggravating, so will just do regular cards next time.

SunshineGirl
11-22-2013, 02:15 PM
We got our bands in the mail today. Just a reminder that this trip is actually happening before too long!!!

DIXIE
03-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Just got the notification we can order magic bands for our Annual Passes.
Kids are happy to pick them. They are in addition to the Magic bands for our rooms.

RENITA
03-19-2014, 09:52 AM
We just finished personalizing our new magic band order that will have our Annual Passes on them.

I called and asked for those like me, who find the bands uncomfortable to wear, can we also use our cards and they said yes. I can still use my AP card, so the whole family is happy.

The boys are excited they will have 2 bands,1 AP and 1 room.

PSL1013
03-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Just got the notification we can order magic bands for our Annual Passes.
Kids are happy to pick them. They are in addition to the Magic bands for our rooms.

Your AP will be on the same band as everything else, only one band needed for everything....room, tickets, credit card, FP+ and dinning reservations.

RENITA
05-10-2014, 11:33 PM
They actually sent room magic bands for our all stars sports resort and separate annual pass magic bands that had little annual pass slides to go on them, then had to get replacements. Just got back from trip.

We did have some trouble of bands not working to open the rooms. Took them up to front desk, and they could not get them to work. So we got new grey magic bands. Now more magic bands. Not sure what we are going to do with all the magic bands. Made bounce back reservations and see they have new magic bands for that trip ready to be personalized.

I saw a lot of the grey ones on racks at the resort, and asked. The receptionist said that if you make reservations with no time to mail they will be at the resort. Also if you forget you magic bands they can issue new ones when you check in. Unfortunately they only have gray.

PSL1013
05-11-2014, 07:55 AM
They actually sent room magic bands for our all stars sports resort and separate annual pass magic bands that had little annual pass slides to go on them, then had to get replacements. Just got back from trip.

We did have some trouble of bands not working to open the rooms. Took them up to front desk, and they could not get them to work. So we got new grey magic bands. Now more magic bands. Not sure what we are going to do with all the magic bands. Made bounce back reservations and see they have new magic bands for that trip ready to be personalized.

I saw a lot of the grey ones on racks at the resort, and asked. The receptionist said that if you make reservations with no time to mail they will be at the resort. Also if you forget you magic bands they can issue new ones when you check in. Unfortunately they only have gray.

The grey ones are the default color that everyone will get if you don't plan in advance, only way to get the personalized pretty ones is to make reservations ahead of time.I was told we would be able to use the same ones from previous trips as they are suppose to be good for 3 years. I'm also getting new ones, seems like a waste to me and asked the CM again and she said they are technically still in test mode and in the future we will be able to re-use the bands. She said some people are bringing their old ones back and they will recycle them or she said to start a collection of them for souvenirs. I wanted to use our previous ones again but had to add a new AP to it and it would not link to the old ones, had to personalize the new bands before they would link, CM had to do all this for me over the phone. They definitely still have kinks to work out, can't imagine what the cost is to keep sending new bands out to everyone for every trip....we go twice per year. :rolleyes:

SunshineGirl
05-12-2014, 12:00 PM
We just had our 3rd set in 5 months shipped! We had gone for a few days at Christmas in December so they sent a set. Then they sent AP ones last month. Now they are sending a set for our June trip!

ckerns87
07-03-2014, 02:53 PM
We just came home from Disney last week. We loved the magic bands! I had purchased the memory maker and loved the fact we didn't have to stop and get our ride pictures uploaded to the magic band. We synced all the magic bands together so it didn't matter if all or just 1 person rode the ride they automatically got uploaded. :love:

SunshineGirl
07-03-2014, 02:57 PM
We just came home from Disney last week. We loved the magic bands! I had purchased the memory maker and loved the fact we didn't have to stop and get our ride pictures uploaded to the magic band. We synced all the magic bands together so it didn't matter if all or just 1 person rode the ride they automatically got uploaded. :love:

I loved the way that all of the ride pictures showed up! We did check all of our pictures every 24 hours and discovered that our Anna and Elsa pictures were missing. We called and told them what time we were there and they loaded them up almost immediately.