PDA

View Full Version : Happy 1st Day Of Spring!

spring
03-20-2008, 07:26 AM
Despite groundhogs Phil in PA and Chuckles in CT, the first day of Spring has finally arrived! It's rainy, but around 50 degrees here. I'll take that over snow, sleet and hail. :cooldance::cooldance:

linanglab
03-20-2008, 07:41 AM
It is in the 20's here and cold. Supposed to snow later....grrrr....But...Spring is on its way, so I will TRY to be patient. But...HURRY warm weather! :)

bartleby1
03-20-2008, 07:47 AM
Oh Angela, will the snow ever stop for you?:rotfl:

No snow here, but we've had more than our share of dreary cold rainy days lately. Bring on the sunshine!:sunshine:

PSL1013
03-20-2008, 08:47 AM
FINALLY...so tired of the cold and snow. It's 41ยบ here at the moment and wet but I'm looking forward to the warm and sunny days ahead! Happy Spring Everyone! :sunshine:

missangie
03-20-2008, 09:10 AM
High of 50 forecast for central Indiana! Unfortunately, it has rained off and on for the last three days. I guess my grass is getting a big drink to get it started off nice and green! I can't wait to see all of the beautiful tulips and daffodils! How about you?

JillyFish
03-20-2008, 09:15 AM
If only it would REALLY come!! :( We went out to dinner last night. From the time we left home to the time we returned it went from rain to sleet to freezing rain to snow....and we got another coating of about an inch. And this was our Spring Break.....woo hoo! :rolleyes:

C'mon Spring!!! :naturesun:

fourfoxesinpa
03-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Happy Spring! Google home page is honoring the day too! Bye Bye Winter and good riddance!

mia214jia
03-20-2008, 09:43 AM
A great day here for sure! The rain is gone and the water is receding already and its supoose to hit 65 today! YEA!! Happy Spring everyone

Blessing and Miracle
03-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Spring has definitely sprung here! It's simply beautiful. Kinda cool, but nice! I hope soon you guys will have a little sun!:sunshine2:

Wendi63
03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
It is in the 40s here today but nice and sunny. I'm hoping that it stays this way for a few days. It sure helps to boost my spirits.

~Kathie
03-20-2008, 02:49 PM
It's 45 here but we haven't seen the sun for more than a few minutes in WEEKS!!

At least the rain stopped. This winter has been so depressing. Not very cold but dreary and dark.

Anyone from Seattle?? I have a friend that lives there and she said rainy, dreary weather is what they have year round. I couldn't do it....I need the sun!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

lanny76
03-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Yay! :woohoo: It's spring! Here, it is about 60, and the birds are busily chirping, squirrels and bunnies all around. There is a bunny who has made himself a little hole under our big tree and spends a lot of time cozied up there - I look out the window and see his/her little ears sticking up!
It'll be fun to put away winter coats and gear - a lot easier to pack up the kids and go places.

Jusacuz
03-20-2008, 05:03 PM
It's about 41 here in North Idaho right now, but woke up this morning to foggy snowstorms. It's supposed to rain and/or snow for the next couple of days.

As for Seattle, I don't think it's nearly as dreary and rainy as we're led to believe. :) Perhaps it's just a ploy to keep us all from moving there. lol. I've been there a few times when it's absolutely beautiful. :sunshine2: If I didn't have kids & a husband, I'd move there in a heartbeat.

TtownAnne
03-20-2008, 05:29 PM
And for anyone with little little kids, remind them that the first day of Spring is also Big Bird's birthday!