PDA

View Full Version : Six Months! Six Months!

Hedy
06-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Six months from today I will be enroute to WDW. :) :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:
And a stupid question-I know everyone says that WDW tickets demagnetize like crazy. If I have my park hopper and my Disney GC from SR in the same envelope, should I be worried about demagnetization? Will my park hopper be good even if it demagnetizes before I use it>?

SunshineGirl
06-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Are you just going crazy waiting? We have about 4 1/2 months now and I swear that I think about it every day. It's like a weird mania now. I have to do or plan at least one thing each day, even if it is something really little like just deciding when I will start shopping for matching shirts. LOL! Not even shopping for the shirts. Just deciding WHEN I will shop for them.

I seem to demagnetize my cards just by looking at them. You just have to go back to the hotel front desk or the park gate and have them give them a kick. It's more annoying than anything else. We keep 2-3 cards together and it seems hit or miss on whether they demagnetize. Like maybe some of the cards or a little less sturdy or just get rubbed the wrong way? I don't think I've ever had them demagnetize more than once or twice total on a trip, even when keeping the whole family stack together, usually with a credit card.

Hedy
06-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm going nuts because I don't know where i'm staying (deciding between the Dolphin or WL), and I need to decide if I'm doing MVMCP or the candllight processional. Sigh.

Glad to hear the ticket issue isn't fatal!

The Cheshire Cat
06-08-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm going nuts because I don't know where i'm staying (deciding between the Dolphin or WL), and I need to decide if I'm doing MVMCP or the candllight processional. Sigh.

Glad to hear the ticket issue isn't fatal!

The wait is a killer but I enjoy it too. It gives me time to plan plan plan and that is so much fun for me!

I haven't stayed at either the Dolphin or Wl but we did go over to WL last trip and take a tour (even the rooms) and it was really nice and so close to the MK and monorail. If I had a choice i'd pick that one but I must say the rooms are smaller and darkish so the dolphin might have nicer cheerier rooms. It's hard isn't it! I would love to do MVMCP!

Keep us updated on what you choose!

mom2dea
06-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I loved the WL . One thing I will say though for us it seemed like the "adult hottel if there is on on Disney property . We loved it though cause it was for our 5th wedding annivsary with no kids . Just not sure if we would take the kids there . Although they came for the last morning we were there and they did love walking around the area so who knows .

Sorry I am no help .

Sarah

Hedy
06-08-2007, 04:06 PM
I loved the WL . One thing I will say though for us it seemed like the "adult hottel if there is on on Disney property . We loved it though cause it was for our 5th wedding annivsary with no kids . Just not sure if we would take the kids there . Although they came for the last morning we were there and they did love walking around the area so who knows .

Sorry I am no help .

Sarah

That's interesting to know (I'm an adult travelling with my mom). In all honesty, the money issue is really what's going to force the choice, for better or worse.

mom2dea
06-08-2007, 04:08 PM
We also loved loved loved getting on the boat right befor fireworks at magic kingdom and going across the lake and watching the fireworks all the way back to the hottel . So magical !

Uggg you are making me miss my home away from home !

Sarah

m 'n c
06-09-2007, 03:06 PM
That's interesting to know (I'm an adult travelling with my mom). In all honesty, the money issue is really what's going to force the choice, for better or worse.

Just earn some more money on here :rotfl:

I've never stayed at either place. I usually stick with value and a moderate every now and then. I liked the beach vibe from CBR. Not a lot of people mention that one.

I am keeping all my gc's in the same cup in my room so hopefully they won't demagnatize on me.

m4travels
06-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Marc and I will be at VWL during the same time, Hedy. We're starting with a DCL cruise (Wonder, 4-day) and the 3 nights at VWL from the 6th through the 8th. This will be our first time at VWL and we're really looking forward to it. (What I didn't like was getting up at 3:50 this morning to get on the phone with Disney Dining to try and get the Chef's Table at Victoria and Alberts at the GF and NOT get it.) We are now looking forward to Artists Point for our first night's meal. Those Disney GCs are going to come in REAL handy!!

We love the Grand California at D'land and as that was designed by the same architect we know we're gonna love WL.

SunshineGirl
06-09-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm with Michael and Sarah. We stay at VWL almost every time that we go. I like being able to get to MK so fast as well as take the boat over to the monorail. The pool area is definitely designed less for kids than some of the others. It seems more laid back to me. Artists Point food and wine are fabulous.

I'll do my best to help you earn as many gift cards as possible. LOL! And how cool that you will be there the same time as Michael and Marc!

Hedy
06-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Marc and I will be at VWL during the same time, Hedy. We're starting with a DCL cruise (Wonder, 4-day) and the 3 nights at VWL from the 6th through the 8th. This will be our first time at VWL and we're really looking forward to it. (What I didn't like was getting up at 3:50 this morning to get on the phone with Disney Dining to try and get the Chef's Table at Victoria and Alberts at the GF and NOT get it.) We are now looking forward to Artists Point for our first night's meal. Those Disney GCs are going to come in REAL handy!!

We love the Grand California at D'land and as that was designed by the same architect we know we're gonna love WL.

I love the architecture of AKL and the GC, but the isolation of AKL doesn't appeal to me, ergo I am really looking forward to possibly staying at WL. Plus, Mom and I saw the Samantha Brown special, after which she's been asking if we're staying there like a five-year-old.