PDA

View Full Version : SSI Unexpected Error

mmm611
04-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Both yesterday and today, when I try to take an SSI, I enter my birthday and select my country, then it takes me to a screen that says "An unexpected error has occurred." Since the light is green, I know someone is getting the surveys. Any ideas on what I could do to fix mine? I cleared cookies before I started doing anything and have found I get the message in both IE and Firefox.

I'm really stumped as to what happened and would appreciate any help.

russellh
04-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Same issue for me . . . tried yesterday and today and got the same message :confused:

SunshineGirl
04-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Are you trying from the same IP addresses every time? It's really odd that it is happening to a handful of you.

mmm611
04-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Same computer. I'm not sure if it's the same IP address or not. I have wireless and this is using my desktop.

kayjo
04-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Worked OK for me last night but started getting the "unexpected error" page tonight.

SunshineGirl
04-10-2013, 08:03 AM
For those of you getting the error, can you try a different IP address? Like through your phone or a neighbor's wireless?

Dragonlady
04-10-2013, 08:37 AM
For those of you getting the error, can you try a different IP address? Like through your phone or a neighbor's wireless?
I was getting the same error on my home wi-fi but just tried my neighbor's wi-fi and got a survey right away. I just now completed the survey but it hasn't credited yet.

memanana
04-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Just did a SSI with no problem Waiting for it to credit

Dragonlady
04-10-2013, 09:31 AM
I was getting the same error on my home wi-fi but just tried my neighbor's wi-fi and got a survey right away. I just now completed the survey but it hasn't credited yet.
Update: The SSI I completed on my neighbor's wi-fi just credited! I wonder what the problem is with my home wi-fi??

TxAggies
04-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Are you trying from the same IP addresses every time? It's really odd that it is happening to a handful of you.

I too have had this same problem for several days now. I am using the same IP address, same computer, etc. that I have used all along.

tjrj1988
04-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Took and got credit for an SSi yesterday morning. But, all day today when I try, I get the "unexpected error" mentioned above. Don't think I have another wifi network that I can use.....

mmm611
04-10-2013, 06:29 PM
I had a bunch of Windows updates that installed last night. I'm not sure if that did it or not, but I did NOT have the error message today and was able to try for and complete a SSI. Still waiting for credit, but I'm sure it's ok.

I wonder if the updates did it?

disney_girl
04-10-2013, 07:37 PM
I had a bunch of Windows updates that installed last night. I'm not sure if that did it or not, but I did NOT have the error message today and was able to try for and complete a SSI. Still waiting for credit, but I'm sure it's ok.

I wonder if the updates did it?

After seeing this, I checked and my laptop had Windows updates that needed to be installed. I went ahead and installed them and rebooted. I was able to take and complete an SSI survey. I haven't been able to get past the "unexpected error" for the past two days. Waiting to see if this one credits after the hour!

It DID credit after the hour! So if you are getting the "unexpected error", you might want to try doing Windows updates on your computer...that's the only thing I have done and it now works!

SCard
04-10-2013, 08:25 PM
After seeing this, I checked and my laptop had Windows updates that needed to be installed. I went ahead and installed them and rebooted. I was able to take and complete an SSI survey. I haven't been able to get past the "unexpected error" for the past two days. Waiting to see if this one credits after the hour!

It DID credit after the hour! So if you are getting the "unexpected error", you might want to try doing Windows updates on your computer...that's the only thing I have done and it now works!

Interesting. Guess I will go install the Win updates.

russellh
04-10-2013, 10:17 PM
I used the same wifi address and it worked fine tonight- Got both SSI and SSI2 completed- SSI credited so far.

TxAggies
04-11-2013, 04:43 PM
SSI is working for me again too. Completed a survey and it credited like normal. I made no changes whatsoever, used the same IP address & I didn't have to update Windows. Weird, but at least it's working.