PDA

View Full Version : Should I call in the morning??

m 'n c
03-21-2008, 04:43 PM
I have been using the ADR date generator on wdwinfo.com to see when my 180 days are which says Sunday but looking at my signature ticker I'm at 181 days and some hours meaning tomorrow is my 180 days. Do you think the date generator isn't taking it into account that its a leap year and I should try tomorrow? Do you think disney would know i'm at 180 days?

Alice28
03-21-2008, 06:10 PM
It won't hurt to try- if you're off by a day, they will just say, 'call back tomorrow'.

luvdisney00
03-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I read on another site that people are having luck calling one day early for their 180 day window and being able to make ADRs. I'd try it, can't hurt!
Good Luck!
Dorothy

askomsky
03-21-2008, 06:24 PM
I agree with the others, it can't hurt right? worst case secenerio is they tell you to call back tomorrow!

3dog2kidmom
03-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Call today and ask! They will tell you exactly when you can make your ADR's.

howdyfrtx
03-21-2008, 09:51 PM
I know you and I have the same arrival date and are both leaving from Texas :) but I booked my vacation through DU and my TA told me it was Sunday. I don't think it would hurt to call to tomorrow....just let me know if you were able too make them...I might just do the same.

Mom2aPrincess
03-21-2008, 09:58 PM
I would most certainly try. What could it hurt?

m 'n c
03-22-2008, 07:13 AM
I know you and I have the same arrival date and are both leaving from Texas :) but I booked my vacation through DU and my TA told me it was Sunday. I don't think it would hurt to call to tomorrow....just let me know if you were able too make them...I might just do the same.

Nope too early. it was worth a try though :)

howdyfrtx
03-22-2008, 08:56 AM
It was worth the try...you can do it again tomorrow.

m 'n c
03-22-2008, 09:18 AM
I know. I was so nervous about not getting up in time that I didn't even get a good deep sleep last night. Who knew trying to get Cindy's dinner would do this to a person!

Oh don't forget when you call you need a reservation number handy. I didn't have it so I was able to find it for tomorrow in my email.

3dog2kidmom
03-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Catherine, you will love Cindy's dinner. It was a totally different experience than breakfast -- less chaotic -- and we all really enjoyed it. Good food and terrific atmosphere.

m 'n c
03-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the confirmation on Cindy's. Hopefully the lost sleep from last night will be worth it (you'll have to check my blog for that story haha).

Mom2aPrincess
03-22-2008, 12:20 PM
I know. I was so nervous about not getting up in time that I didn't even get a good deep sleep last night. Who knew trying to get Cindy's dinner would do this to a person!

Oh don't forget when you call you need a reservation number handy. I didn't have it so I was able to find it for tomorrow in my email.

I was like that our first trip a couple summer ago...on pins and needles the entire time. Last trip I decided to try out a travel agent. I was really leery at first over turning over the control....I so like the planning part, but it turned out great...I still get to do all the planning, I just don't have to do the phone calling. She's great and I can change my mind over and over and she makes the calls every time.

luvdisney00
03-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Which TA do you use? I am debating using one, but I am so unsure about free dining. I'm afraid they won't call quick enough and we'll miss it. I used an AAA TA last year, and she was not so good. I didn't need much from her and I just used them to get the discount, but she took 3 days to call me back. I just don't want to miss out on free dining if it's offered.

luvdisney00
03-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Catherine,
I second the positive opinion on CRT dinner. I loved that we met Cindy in the lobby and took pictures, and then just sat and ate dinner and saw the cute FG show at the end. I love character meals, but sometimes for us with 3 kids, you keep hopping up to see the characters and take pictures so many times, that you don't get to enjoy the meal. We loved the castle, the show and everything. The food is good too, but not great like a signature restaurant for 2 TS. You're paying for the experience, which I thought was well worth it. I hope you love it and have a fabulous time!

Dorothy

Mom2aPrincess
03-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Catherine,
I second the positive opinion on CRT dinner. I loved that we met Cindy in the lobby and took pictures, and then just sat and ate dinner and saw the cute FG show at the end. I love character meals, but sometimes for us with 3 kids, you keep hopping up to see the characters and take pictures so many times, that you don't get to enjoy the meal. We loved the castle, the show and everything. The food is good too, but not great like a signature restaurant for 2 TS. You're paying for the experience, which I thought was well worth it. I hope you love it and have a fabulous time!

Dorothy

I have to agree. I thought CRT was nice and Cameron LOVED it!!! I am going to try it every other trip I think.

Which TA do you use? I am debating using one, but I am so unsure about free dining. I'm afraid they won't call quick enough and we'll miss it. I used an AAA TA last year, and she was not so good. I didn't need much from her and I just used them to get the discount, but she took 3 days to call me back. I just don't want to miss out on free dining if it's offered.

Theresa at Dreams Unlimited. I've not tried a AAA agent, but Dreams Unlimited is all about Disney so they are really on top of things. Theresa's been great. She got us every restaurant (and BBB) I wanted the last two trips without fail (including CRT) on the days I wanted and really close to ideal times so I am confident that she does everything in a timely fashion. Let me know if you are intrested. I think I have a special link where you can choose her as your agent if you are interested.

howdyfrtx
03-22-2008, 01:43 PM

I hope that doesn't happen again tonight...you better take a nape today. Do you have to have a reservation number? My TA told me that they could pull it with my phone #. I was going to have my TA book my ADR but she is at Disney for spring break and will be back to work until Monday.

I too second Dreams Unlimited...my TA is Dorothy but I think any of them would be great.

3dog2kidmom
03-22-2008, 03:16 PM
I have never used my reservation # to do ADRs, just my phone #.

howdyfrtx
03-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Thats good to know...thanks

m 'n c
03-22-2008, 07:08 PM
I have never used my reservation # to do ADRs, just my phone #.

ok good to know. I didn't make it far enough for them to ask but I knew it was coming right after she asked when my check in date was. I went ahead and pulled the ressie number from the disney website this morning so that I would be ready to go in the morning.

Alice28
03-22-2008, 11:38 PM
I get to call on Tuesday! can't wait- what are your trip dates again? Mine are 9/20-27.

Mom2aPrincess
03-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Good luck in the morning Catherine. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

3dog2kidmom
03-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Well...........?? Did you get your ADR's today?? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Mom2aPrincess
03-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Well...........?? Did you get your ADR's today?? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Yep, yep.....I headed over here almost immediately to find out too....:sunshine2:

howdyfrtx
03-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Catherine....well? Did you get what you wanted?

I was not able to book mine....wouldn't you know I needed a reservation number. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow when my TA is back.

Mom2aPrincess
03-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Catherine....well? Did you get what you wanted?

I was not able to book mine....wouldn't you know I needed a reservation number. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow when my TA is back.

You can get your reservation number off of the dreams unlimited website...log in and go to the reservation page...it's there with a summary of cost, hotel, # of nights, etc...

m 'n c
03-23-2008, 12:17 PM
I get to call on Tuesday! can't wait- what are your trip dates again? Mine are 9/20-27.

you actually can call Monday!

My dates are 9/19-9/28.

Gotta run to church. Will update properly tonight.

Mom2aPrincess
03-23-2008, 01:57 PM
you actually can call Monday!

My dates are 9/19-9/28.

Gotta run to church. Will update properly tonight.

Can't wait to hear back from you. I'll be watching for your post....

howdyfrtx
03-23-2008, 09:56 PM
You can get your reservation number off of the dreams unlimited website...log in and go to the reservation page...it's there with a summary of cost, hotel, # of nights, etc...

Thank you Kimberly....I was able to find my reservation number and made all my reservations. :cooldance:

Mom2aPrincess
03-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Thank you Kimberly....I was able to find my reservation number and made all my reservations. :cooldance:

Yea! Glad I could help. So.....what reservations did you make? Share with us! :)

m 'n c
03-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Ok sorry guys I just got back to Houston. Talk about a long drive. I'll post first thing in the morning. Ready for some much needed sleep. :)

m 'n c
03-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Here we go!
http://chattywomen.com/pinkritas/2008/03/24/the-results-are-in-for-disney-adrs/

It was so easy yesterday that I wished I hadn't stressed out all weekend over it. I'm glad I was also able to remain polite and chit chat with the CM during the process. I hear some people just start in the minute they call for Cindy's without even a good morning but I figured starting off their day and mine with some rudeness was not worth eating at the castle as we had some pretty good backups planned just in case. So luckily I made a good choice and started both our days off right and got what I wanted.

howdyfrtx
03-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Yea! Glad I could help. So.....what reservations did you make? Share with us! :)

By the time I made my ADR's it was 11am but I had to hurry because we were headed over to my mom house. I really want Le Cellier on 9/23 but they couldn't get 10 of us in on that day for dinner...I was so surprised. I just wonder if I would of called at 7am...would I get in?

9/20 Liberty Tree dinner
9/21 Teepan Edo dinner
9/22 Hoop-Dee-Doo dinner
9/23 O'hana dinner
9/24 Le Cellier dinner
9/25 Cinderella Castle lunch

I feel a little closer to our vacation...

m 'n c
03-24-2008, 12:08 PM
ooh great choices! I would think that since you were trying for 9/23 for dinner at Le Cellier it might not have mattered if you had called at 7am. I say that because it would have been a part of an earlier set of 180 days that people could have booked.

Mom2aPrincess
03-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Here we go!
http://chattywomen.com/pinkritas/2008/03/24/the-results-are-in-for-disney-adrs/

It was so easy yesterday that I wished I hadn't stressed out all weekend over it. I'm glad I was also able to remain polite and chit chat with the CM during the process. I hear some people just start in the minute they call for Cindy's without even a good morning but I figured starting off their day and mine with some rudeness was not worth eating at the castle as we had some pretty good backups planned just in case. So luckily I made a good choice and started both our days off right and got what I wanted.

By the time I made my ADR's it was 11am but I had to hurry because we were headed over to my mom house. I really want Le Cellier on 9/23 but they couldn't get 10 of us in on that day for dinner...I was so surprised. I just wonder if I would of called at 7am...would I get in?

9/20 Liberty Tree dinner
9/21 Teepan Edo dinner
9/22 Hoop-Dee-Doo dinner
9/23 O'hana dinner
9/24 Le Cellier dinner
9/25 Cinderella Castle lunch

I feel a little closer to our vacation...

Congrats to both of you! Looks like a great line up. :)

When I asked my 16 year old if she wanted to go to Disney with us, she did, but didn't act REAL excited. Last night out of the blue, she asked if we would have the dining plan and where we were eating for sure....And her eyes lit up and she's raring to go.....Says she is craving some Disney food. :rotfl: