PDA

View Full Version : breakfast recommendations!

disneyHailey
09-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Hi! :) my boyfriend and I have a disney vaca in less than a month. we just realized we have an extra sit-down dining credit each on our meal plan that we didn't account for. We are looking for recommendations for a good place for breakfast that we may still have some luck making a reservation for? (Just tried crystal palace, and, as I figured, it was booked up)

we're already eating at tusker house, boma, kona, and whispering canyon for breakfast. Thanks for any suggestions! :)

PSL1013
09-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Hi! :) my boyfriend and I have a disney vaca in less than a month. we just realized we have an extra sit-down dining credit each on our meal plan that we didn't account for. We are looking for recommendations for a good place for breakfast that we may still have some luck making a reservation for? (Just tried crystal palace, and, as I figured, it was booked up)

we're already eating at tusker house, boma, kona, and whispering canyon for breakfast. Thanks for any suggestions! :)

We are DVC members and stay at the BCV, so we usually eat breakfast in the room but once in a while we like to eat out and this is where we like to go. It is very good. http://www.allears.net/dining/menu/captains-grille/breakfast

SunshineGirl
09-03-2014, 09:48 PM
We tend to eat in the room for breakfast a lot as well because we can't get the kids up and going. LOL

We had brunch at the Beach Club Villa Buffet last time and it was nice. Kind of a typical character buffet but I think less kids than Chef Mickey's.

You've already nailed my favorite breakfast...Whispering Canyon! We need to remember to make ressies there for June because we haven't been in years.

dwkay8
09-03-2014, 10:52 PM
We love Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast too! Want to try Captain Grille breakfast, but only when we stay at an Epcot area resort. We barely make it up in time for breakfast, let alone one at another hotel ;)

We just did The Wave for breakfast, which has both plated options and a buffet. I thought the buffet was good! Basic options, plus some unique things like sweet potato pancakes. Was like eating pie for breakfast!

PSL1013
09-04-2014, 08:24 AM
We tend to eat in the room for breakfast a lot as well because we can't get the kids up and going. LOL

We had brunch at the Beach Club Villa Buffet last time and it was nice. Kind of a typical character buffet but I think less kids than Chef Mickey's.

You've already nailed my favorite breakfast...Whispering Canyon! We need to remember to make ressies there for June because we haven't been in years.

Do you mean Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club? Never heard of Beach Club Villa Buffet? :D

disneyHailey
09-04-2014, 08:24 AM
We are DVC members and stay at the BCV, so we usually eat breakfast in the room but once in a while we like to eat out and this is where we like to go. It is very good. http://www.allears.net/dining/menu/captains-grille/breakfast

We love Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast too! Want to try Captain Grille breakfast, but only when we stay at an Epcot area resort. We barely make it up in time for breakfast, let alone one at another hotel ;)

We just did The Wave for breakfast, which has both plated options and a buffet. I thought the buffet was good! Basic options, plus some unique things like sweet potato pancakes. Was like eating pie for breakfast!

Thanks for all of the ideas of places to try! I'm checking them out to see what has availability and when :) Also it's good to hear everyone likes Whispering Canyon because it'll be our first time there!

As a side note, I used my gift cards from taking surveys to pay for a portion of the trip! And I recently got my bf into taking surveys as well, so we'll be using his earnings while we're there :party:

russellh
09-04-2014, 11:13 AM
You already picked my family's favorite place with Tusker House.

We have 2 others that we like a lot- Crystal Palace, and 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

SCard
09-04-2014, 11:59 AM

a bit off subject, but have you made a BOG FP+ for lunch if you are staying on site? The braised pork was the best meal I had the whole trip.

PSL1013
09-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Here you go!!! http://www.disneydining.com/top-ten-restaurants-for-breakfast-at-walt-disney-world/

disneyHailey
09-08-2014, 07:56 AM
You already picked my family's favorite place with Tusker House.

We have 2 others that we like a lot- Crystal Palace, and 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

We haven't been to Tusker House before, so we're excited to try it! Crystal Palace was booked, but I will look at 1900 Park Fare. I'd like to also see the inside of the Grand Floridian because I've heard it's beautiful

a bit off subject, but have you made a BOG FP+ for lunch if you are staying on site? The braised pork was the best meal I had the whole trip.

We haven't, we were planning on waiting in line for lunch to eat there..I wonder if maybe we should get a fastpass for it instead?

Here you go!!! http://www.disneydining.com/top-ten-restaurants-for-breakfast-at-walt-disney-world/

Thank you!! :sunshine:

SCard
09-08-2014, 02:36 PM
We haven't, we were planning on waiting in line for lunch to eat there..I wonder if maybe we should get a fastpass for it instead?

Thank you!! :sunshine:

go early if you don't book the FP+. They are now giving out paper slips with a return time for the standby line. Once they are gone that's it for the day for lunch. People have posted that they have come out of the restaurant at 11:30-45 am and signs are up that there is no more availabilty for lunch that day.

russellh
09-09-2014, 09:50 AM
We haven't been to Tusker House before, so we're excited to try it! Crystal Palace was booked, but I will look at 1900 Park Fare. I'd like to also see the inside of the Grand Floridian because I've heard it's beautiful

That was the reason we tried it the first time, and we have gone back to eat there since. The last time we ate there it was mid- December of 2012, so it was great to see the resort all decorated for Christmas and see the Gingerbread House.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4d728b3127ccef746d10b942300000030O02AYtmjZizYtA e3nwA/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00400131646120140909134700284.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4d728b3127ccef746569cd46f00000030O02AYtmjZizYtA e3nwA/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00400131646120140909134701099.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

But Tusker House is our must do meal for each trip. It can be a little loud and if you have time ask if you can wait for a table in one of the back rooms- It gets you out of all the traffic heading out to the buffet area.

disneyHailey
09-10-2014, 01:23 PM
go early if you don't book the FP+. They are now giving out paper slips with a return time for the standby line. Once they are gone that's it for the day for lunch. People have posted that they have come out of the restaurant at 11:30-45 am and signs are up that there is no more availabilty for lunch that day.

thanks for the heads up, we actually just got an email about the FP+. I didn't know you could book it in addition to the 3 you get for rides, so we now have it all booked! :cooldance:

That was the reason we tried it the first time, and we have gone back to eat there since. The last time we ate there it was mid- December of 2012, so it was great to see the resort all decorated for Christmas and see the Gingerbread House.

But Tusker House is our must do meal for each trip. It can be a little loud and if you have time ask if you can wait for a table in one of the back rooms- It gets you out of all the traffic heading out to the buffet area.

Thanks for the advice on Tusker House :) And those pictures look so pretty! I can't wait to see the inside of that hotel!