PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys tell me about the Napster offer?

jnorth1007
06-08-2007, 06:52 PM
What is this offer about? Is it a free trial? What is included in the free trial? When you sign up do you pay a monthly fee and D/l unlimited numbers of songs? I use Apple itunes and pay per track so this might be good for me. I just can't quite figure out how it works. Is it a good crediter?

3dog2kidmom
06-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Hi Janet - I did this one but never used it. You do have to download software. I can't remember what the cost was or if it was free -- I did it when it was in the SM lounge -- but it definately was a good creditor.

lenzs4
06-08-2007, 08:26 PM
I did it, I downloaded many songs but then was unable to do anything with them. Not compatable with IPOD so I no longer have the service. I, on the other hand, never got credit for this one.

ChickiePants
06-08-2007, 08:43 PM
I tried it because I used to have Napster and just got a new mp3 player. It credited pretty fast, though I did have to get the software (free). You use your cc, which will be charged if you don't cancel, but it's completely free for 7 days and if you decide you don't like it you can switch to the non-paid version with no hassle at ALL. It's a very good offer. I liked it! :)

jnorth1007
06-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I think I will try this one tomorrow. It won't work for my IPOD apparently but maybe it will work for the girls mixsticks. I can't seem to get anything else to work on those but the mix clips. Thanks again. :sunshine2:

nicholfamily5
06-09-2007, 12:39 AM
I did the free trial, and downloaded a TON of music. My dh has a software program (that he bought somewhere...perfectly legal thankyouverymuch) that converts the file type to allow it to play on iPods. I have no idea what the name of it is, and he is sleeping, so I'll ask him tomorrow what the program name is.

jnorth1007
06-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Can you explain how it works? Do you have to pay for the music you download in addition to the amount you pay for the service?

m 'n c
06-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I think I heard on the dis that you can get them on ipods in a round about way. Basically once you "buy" them from Napster you can burn them to a cd. Once on a cd you can then import the cd into itunes and it should work. I am going to try this one in July if it is still around so I can work towards SM for next quarter.

dreamtrip
06-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Janet--If you do this one let me know how it works. I have an ipod, but my daughter just got a cheapie MP3, so I bet it might work with it. Any info you can supply would be great. BTW, I joined SR through the link you had posted on TGM a while back. I love SR--so thanks for the tip!

jnorth1007
06-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey there!!! I haven't quite figured out how Napster works :rotfl: Most of the stuff says paid. My question is if I have to pay a monthly fee why would I also pay to download music??? I can download paid music anytime I want from itunes for no monthly fee. I haven't downloaded anything to see if it works on the mixstick because I don't want to pay for something I am already paying for. Im lost and that is for SURE!!! Ill let you know if I figure something out. On top of that I still don't have credit for it. :( Im glad you love SR! I would bet a fair percentage of TGMers would love it because it all the same anal personality and obsessive behaviors :rotfl:

jnorth1007
06-14-2007, 01:18 PM
This one didnt work for me at all. I didnt get credit, couldnt figure out how to work the darn thing and had to call today to see if I could get it fixed and they said something wasnt compatible for me so I had to end it and give up. I did sign up for the Rhapsody one yesterday so I think I am going to see how that works. I need to figure out how to get music on these dumb mixsticks besides having to buy the clips all the time. I will let you know how this one goes.

m 'n c
06-14-2007, 02:01 PM
darn I was hoping it would have worked out. I think i might still give it a try though.