PDA

View Full Version : Big News from Disney Today!

SCard
08-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Star Wars Land and Toy Storyland coming to DHS!!

saving for a trip in the Fall on 2016, I see another trip ~ 2019 for sure now!:banana:

gpp2001
08-16-2015, 04:54 PM
I can share now - my husband is one of the Imagineers working on Star Wars! It's all been very exciting for us! :sunshine::sunshine:

SunshineGirl
08-16-2015, 06:06 PM
I can share now - my husband is one of the Imagineers working on Star Wars! It's all been very exciting for us! :sunshine::sunshine:

How cool! Disneyland, WDW, or both?

gpp2001
08-16-2015, 11:42 PM
How cool! Disneyland, WDW, or both?

Both. His title is Senior creative director! He's pretty stoked!

SunshineGirl
08-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Both. His title is Senior creative director! He's pretty stoked!

I'll have to tell Cassie this. She decided a couple of years that she wants to be an Imagineer someday. She went to see a guest speaker on the last Disney Cruise and is even more convinced of it now!

gpp2001
08-17-2015, 05:24 PM
I'll have to tell Cassie this. She decided a couple of years that she wants to be an Imagineer someday. She went to see a guest speaker on the last Disney Cruise and is even more convinced of it now!

That's cool. Do you know who she saw? It's pretty cool to be able to go to the parks and see something that he designed. If you guys ever come out to Disneyland, we would be happy to see you!:sunshine:

SunshineGirl
08-17-2015, 06:02 PM
That's cool. Do you know who she saw? It's pretty cool to be able to go to the parks and see something that he designed. If you guys ever come out to Disneyland, we would be happy to see you!:sunshine:

I think his name was Michael and he is based on Orlando. I know he was on the team that designed the cruise ships, and he said his family had to live in Germany for a couple of years because of it.

We're thinking of doing Disneyland next year. We have WDW annual passes this year, so we're spending all of our time going there. But after that, we definitely owe the kids a DL trip!