PDA

View Full Version : Food question

bellanlivismom
04-01-2008, 09:09 AM
We currently have a reservation at Crystal palace the first day that we are there. the character thing is not huge for us, although we do have 2 small children. But I was talking to a friend who went last year and this was one of the places that they ate and she was not at all impressed. What do you guys think? Am I safe? We have us adults (30, 37, 57 & 22) and my kids (2 & 4)

thanks!

ETA: This can be moved to the dining section....Sorry!

m 'n c
04-01-2008, 09:35 AM
We are going in September for the first time. I have heard good things about the restaurant so I'm excited.

I think its a standard buffet with buffet foods so maybe that is why she wasn't impressed.

linanglab
04-01-2008, 09:48 AM
We have been there for breakfast twice. It is a buffet. The food, we thought, was really good. The characters had good interaction. It is one of my favorite character breakfasts.

However, my DH does not like the buffet. He thinks it gets too busy and getting up and down for him - and trying to feed the kids - is too much....of course I am the one who takes care of the kids, so I am not sure where the complaining from is coming from on his part! LOL

But, DH loves to eat at Cindys (the castle) It is not buffet and he likes it better.

LuvMyBoys
04-01-2008, 09:56 AM
We have gone for lunch, it was good. Not overly impressive, just a good buffet. I think most people tend to like the dinner food better.

We went to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and I actually didn't like it as much as CP. The set up at CP worked better for me and there were more things that I liked and interesting things to try.

I think most people agree that when you are going to a character meal, a lot of what you are paying for is the experience - not necessarily great food.

That being said I thought the buffets at Disney that we have been to are all above average as far as buffets go (and I HATE buffets usually).

Hope you guys have a great time!! :)

bellanlivismom
04-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks!! My husband could eat a horse if you let him....We have 2 buffets planned. This one and the one at hollywood ad Vine. I though about changing to Chef Mickeys, but we are already doing one meal at the Poly (Kona Cafe) and Whispering Canyon at wilderness Lodge. Oh yea and the Princess breakfast at Epcot. Obviously, we are doing the dining plan for the first time. We are going for 10 days so I thought that we would be OK with the extra time for sit down meals. I am excited. We are also doing Coral Reef, Le Cellier, 50s prime time, Hoop de doo review.

Thanks again!!

LuvMyBoys
04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks!! My husband could eat a horse if you let him....We have 2 buffets planned. This one and the one at hollywood ad Vine. I though about changing to Chef Mickeys, but we are already doing one meal at the Poly (Kona Cafe) and Whispering Canyon at wilderness Lodge. Oh yea and the Princess breakfast at Epcot. Obviously, we are doing the dining plan for the first time. We are going for 10 days so I thought that we would be OK with the extra time for sit down meals. I am excited. We are also doing Coral Reef, Le Cellier, 50s prime time, Hoop de doo review.

Thanks again!!

That is one of the nicest parts of doing the dining plan, you can try different places and if the food doesn't blow you away - no big deal, you didn't pay for it out of pocket :)

We have done Kona Cafe for dinner - loved it, even though service could have been better. Don't miss the bread with the honey/macadamia nut butter - yum! :love:

We have also done Le Cellier but for lunch. It didn't knock my socks off but I made some poor ordering choices. I would go back again for sure, just order different things.

My sons and I did WCC for dinner last September and loved it! :love: We had a good server though and the boys are all little "cowboys" so that made a big difference.

10 days is such a nice long trip!! I hope you will write us a trip report when you get back! :)

bellanlivismom
04-01-2008, 10:30 AM
That is one of the nicest parts of doing the dining plan, you can try different places and if the food doesn't blow you away - no big deal, you didn't pay for it out of pocket :)

We have done Kona Cafe for dinner - loved it, even though service could have been better. Don't miss the bread with the honey/macadamia nut butter - yum! :love:

We have also done Le Cellier but for lunch. It didn't knock my socks off but I made some poor ordering choices. I would go back again for sure, just order different things.

My sons and I did WCC for dinner last September and loved it! :love: We had a good server though and the boys are all little "cowboys" so that made a big difference.

10 days is such a nice long trip!! I hope you will write us a trip report when you get back! :)

My brother (the 22 year old) is such a ham that is why we thought that 50s prime time and Whispering Canyon would be fun. We are pretty light hearted as a family I think. My mom has not been to Disney in 14 years so it will be good. Hopefully I will not kill my family spending that much time with them. My brother graduates from college 5 days before we leave and my oldest starts school in the fall so we thought that it would be an ideal time to go. And take our time.

faithhope
04-01-2008, 10:34 AM
We do Crystal Palace everytime for lunch... it isn't spectacular... but we all enjoy it. My picky eating kids find something, and I love the salmon. I usually over eat... and don't forget the dessert bar. They change the desserts, but I can usually find a couple I like.

This is one of our rituals, but then again, I'm not a food person...this is our only non-counter service meal of the trip usually.