PDA

View Full Version : Wall-Edisappointment?

Hedy
04-02-2008, 02:00 PM
If this post offends/bugs you/anything-PM me and I'll deleted it-seriously.
Am I the only one who's kind of bugged by some of what they're reading re WALL-E? I'm a major Pixar fan (heck, my car's Sally and my GPS is Dory), but there's something about the whole "fat humans riding around on lounge chairs" premise that's bugging me. It just seems so judemental, and feeding into negative stereotypes re fat, lazy people. Admittedly, I read about this on Jim Hill, I think is somewhat full of it, but i don't know-I can't say I'm dying to see WALL-E anymore.

m 'n c
04-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I haven't seen anything other than the very short preview where it is the robot and what is it a desk lamp? Based on just that I wasn't too impressed with this one. I find Pixar is very hit or miss for me.

askomsky
04-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I've seen previews twice now for this one in the theatre last weekend and I must say this is the first Pixar movie that I'm not really impressed with.
It seemed like it lacked a big story line compared to Cars and some of the others. To the point that even my kids weren't saying "ooh, ooh can we see it". So I doubt it'll be one we'll go out to see.

SunshineGirl
04-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Oh, no. I hope this one doesn't turn out to be a dud. My kids have been watching this preview since it came out on the Ratatouille DVD and have been talking about it ever since! But I haven't seen much about it at all. I'll have to do a little research now.

wilsonfamily4
04-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I too hope it isn't a dud as my husband is looking forward to taking our son. He loves to say WALL-E in that voice. :(

lmroyea
04-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I haven't seen any extensive previews, but overall I haven't been too impressed with Pixar since the merger. I LOVED Cars, but I didn't care for Ratatouille at all. I just had a hard time really connecting with any characters, and the storyline itself wasn't nearly as emotional as Nemo or Monsters Inc. Just my opinion, but I have to say I'm not really excited about Wall E either.

Hedy
04-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Glad to see I'm not alone.

mjjmbnmm
04-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I've seen previews and I was not impressed, but both my dd's want to see it, maybe it's just one of those movies that doesn't appeal to adults.

DisneyMa
04-02-2008, 05:38 PM
I agree with Pixar being hit or miss. I LOVED all of the Pixar movies, until Cars and that Rat movie!!:sick: Yuck.

I haven't really read much about Wall-E. I try to stay away from some of those Disney boards as they always seem to find negatives on EVERYTHING!!

BTW- We just bought a new car (Ford Escape) and her name is Dory!:rotfl: I love that you named your GPS and car (we thought we were the only weird ones!!)

b2belle
04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
My nephew is excited about it but it just reminds me of that robot on the movie "Short Circuit".

mjjmbnmm
04-02-2008, 08:49 PM
reminds me of that robot on the movie "Short Circuit".
---------------------------------------------------
That's what I thought to.

bajam
04-03-2008, 07:42 AM
When we saw the preview my DH and I looked at each other and said "Short Circuit" I am surprised that someone high up in the company didn't realize that it is exactly the same premise and nip it right away.

MdCaterer
04-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Oh, I hope it isn't a dud. Toy Story 1 + 2 are stillamong our favorite movies