PDA

View Full Version : Club Level???

aknight373
04-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Has anyone stayed club level before ? is it really worth it ?

pbhall13
04-08-2008, 02:47 PM
In Nov of 2006 I was upgraded to concierge at the Poly....boy was it nice....now would I have paid out of pocket for it....I doubt it, very pricey.....it would have been over $700 per night.....but they upgraded us for free so I didn't complain........

Great for a quick breakfast......lots of snacks during day/as well as drinks, at night they usually offering from the restraunts on property......nightcaps.....

I mean it was really great, but I guess I am too cheap to shell out that money....I doubt anyone would be disappointed by it....

Are you planning on spending much time at resort? If not then whey pay for a service you won't be there to enjoy....just something to think about.

Pamela

aknight373
04-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Are you planning on spending much time at resort? If not then whey pay for a service you won't be there to enjoy....just something to think about.

Pamela

wow that does sound great. We are going to be spending more time at the resort this time. My husband is paying for myself and my sister and we are staying for 6 nights or so and we only want to go to the parks 2 or 3 days and basically hang out around the pool and hotel rest of the time. we are thinking about the wl. but i know for a fact i dont want to spend 700 a night for that haha

LauraLea
04-08-2008, 08:55 PM
I have stayed Concierge (club level) at Poly, BWI, AKV, YC, and VWL. I was upgraded at YC, but paid for the others.

If you want a laid back vacation, then club level is OK. but if you are commando type park people, probably not. There is so much more to a WDW vacation than the parks. If you can understand and appreciate that, then you may want to consider club level.

laura

pbhall13
04-08-2008, 10:42 PM
if it is only you and your sister and you aren't spending the whole time in parks, AND your hubby is splurging, then I say GO FOR IT!!!

Definately a nice treat for adults!

aknight373
04-13-2008, 12:27 PM
if it is only you and your sister and you aren't spending the whole time in parks, AND your hubby is splurging, then I say GO FOR IT!!!

Definately a nice treat for adults!

Thanks guys i am pretty excited, I just took a new job making 5.00 more an hour then before.... but i am kinda bummed since i cant go in and say hey can i have time off to go to disney world.... haha

a total different question i might make a whole new post about it.

when do you think it is ok to ask time off from a new job ? I just started this week ( april) and i was wanting to go around the middle of october. Or do you think we should wait and do it next year ?

sunshinecindy
04-13-2008, 12:29 PM
when do you think it is ok to ask time off from a new job ?

Before you accept the job you should always have your vacation time lined out.

m 'n c
04-13-2008, 12:42 PM
What do you do again? Is it eye glasses?

aknight373
04-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Before you accept the job you should always have your vacation time lined out.

well we dont have anything set in stone, that is why i never said anything. but i was just wondering what is a proper time frame. ( we already went once in january so if i dont make it again this year no biggie)

Magical JenK
01-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Ok bumping this thread to see if anyone else can speak about what you get w/CL (specifically at Poly-Garden View if that matters). Sounds like there is the food throughout the day, the website said robes in the room (woo hoo!!--I know, I don't get to KEEP the robe, but still), what other perks??

Will I really get to see/hear Wishes from my balcony? I went to dis & found a thread, but it's REALLY long....will we for sure have a balcony? I'm reading that the CMs will do things for you...we'll be there for our anniversary (it's already in the ressie)...if they do anything, do I reimburse them? I've also read I could have them shop for me before we arrive...let's say I wanted to get ears....how fun!

Ok, as you can see, I'm totally excited & I just really don't know what to expect or not!

pbhall13
01-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Ok bumping this thread to see if anyone else can speak about what you get w/CL (specifically at Poly-Garden View if that matters). Sounds like there is the food throughout the day, the website said robes in the room (woo hoo!!--I know, I don't get to KEEP the robe, but still), what other perks??

Will I really get to see/hear Wishes from my balcony? I went to dis & found a thread, but it's REALLY long....will we for sure have a balcony? I'm reading that the CMs will do things for you...we'll be there for our anniversary (it's already in the ressie)...if they do anything, do I reimburse them? I've also read I could have them shop for me before we arrive...let's say I wanted to get ears....how fun!

Ok, as you can see, I'm totally excited & I just really don't know what to expect or not!

Excellent surprise for hubby jen!

Okay I can speal for Poly garden view..........that is where we stayed. I believe all the rooms have balconies, but you maybe facing the quiet pool (like we did) so you would not see the firworks from your room, BUT in the Lounge they pipe in the music and you can look out over the lagoon and see them. 2 stories of window......great view......and they serve beer, a tropical punch, soda and desserts!!!! So nice to sit in a comfy chair and watch......best viewing for me!!! (I do love being 'there' on the MK, but come on comfy chair, tropical drink!!!)

You do have access to CM's that WILL help with whatever you need......ressies, ordering special somethings for you..........You will have a great time........are you still doing the meal plan? Although they have the snacks etc....not enough for 'meals'. I liked it with girls for breakfast.....to me that was great with them (since I am not a typical breakfast person it was nice for the girls to have cereal, toast/bagels and fruit without me/us having to do a sitdown meal

Just make sure you take the time to enjoy the lounge......especially when you take pool time! That was great for us! Right next to the volcano pool!

So glad you booked it..........if you have anymore questions just PM me and I hope I can help!!

Pooh's Pal
01-10-2009, 12:39 AM
We stayed at CL at the Poly for one night, in I think 2002 or was it 03, hmm, it was the year they were remodeling the Hawaii building and they had us in the Tahiti longhouse, which was still nice. We had a garden view room not a lagoon view room, but the lounge was awesome. We had great snacks at night which we took outside, sat on the beach and watched the MK fireworks. We were only there for one night thou', sorry I can't help much.

Check out Steve's website, he is also called Tikiman, lots of info on his site
http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/

I'm sure you'll have a blast there, my DD still talks about the awesome Volcano pool! :D

huspaint
06-01-2009, 11:01 AM
I stayed on the CL at WL. Its the top floor, and it was a comp. But we did enjoy it alot. Was it worth a ton of money, no. But we did enjoy not having to buy as much and you can just go take a wine and beer and put it in the fridge in your room for later if you wanted. We also did this with sodeas and water. So most of the time we did not have to spend a ton on food. We actually did not even do a park that year I think. Just everything else and had a blast.

Also remember its not open all the time, most of the time I went to grab somehting it was closed. So thats why I stocked up when it was open and we were there.