PDA

View Full Version : menards

lanny76
04-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Hope this is OK to ask and to put in here. Anyway, we just had a Menards open here in Hastings, and I was wondering if there were ever a possibility of getting gift cards as a redemption option from there? If not, that's certainly OK, as there's always Home Depot. It's just that we have to drive 30 minutes to get to the HD and Menards is right here now, and we will be shopping there for sure!

Magical JenK
04-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Menards is my best friend lately! Just filled out over $100 worth of rebates!! But yeah, I'd love Menards cash out options too!

ligrumpygirl
04-05-2008, 09:50 AM
OK what is Menards??

lanny76
04-05-2008, 10:09 AM
OK what is Menards??

Menard's is a home improvement store, where you can buy all sort of supplies for building/fixing/remodeling your home, much like Home Depot or Lowe's. It's a good one, too! The one that opened here even has a small grocery section.

ligrumpygirl
04-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Ok...don't have those here in NY. Thanks for the info...

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi Lanny,

Could you please email me. I don't see an option and thoght it is because I don't have enough posts to PM yet.

I have a question for you.

Thanks for the help.

lanny76
04-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi Lanny,

Could you please email me. I don't see an option and thoght it is because I don't have enough posts to PM yet.

I have a question for you.

Thanks for the help.

No, I can't seem to PM you either , as there isn't an option for that on your profile. I'm not sure, but maybe it is related to how many posts you have. And, sorry, when I clicked on the 'email this person' link, I got a message that said this person has specified not to be emailed. Maybe there's somewhere you specify that - I'll have to go check. I probably don't have my email active either. Sorry!
ETA - OK, I clicked the tab on the top of the forums that says User CP, and went in there. There's a list on the side and in the first section, choose Edit Options, and in this it includes things about opening your email to other members if you want. So, I think you can go ahead and email me now if you want, or turn yours on.

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 04:03 PM
OK, I just clicked it also but I still don't have the option. Will you please try to PM me. I will keep checking back here to see if it works.

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I am left clicking on your name but no option to PM???? Am I missing something or could it be my lack of posts?

m 'n c
04-05-2008, 04:07 PM
I am left clicking on your name but no option to PM???? Am I missing something or could it be my lack of posts?

Due to spammers on the board you have to have 25 posts to get pm privelidges (sp??)

As far as Menards goes I'm sure if there is good interest in it and they sell gift cards in bulk Cindy can add them but if they don't do gift cards in bulk then it won't happen.

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks so much for the quick explanation to why I could not PM this nice person from Nebraska. I know a farmer from Nebraska! I will go and make a few more posts so I can PM her.

m 'n c
04-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Check out some of the play threads in the Just for Fun section. That should help you out some with your post count. When you hit 75 you can join in on chat nights.

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Wow, 75 posts, it seems hard to get to 25 right now but I love this site and am making $ for my Disney trip in 09. I am just going to keep trying and posting.

lanny76
04-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks so much for the quick explanation to why I could not PM this nice person from Nebraska. I know a farmer from Nebraska! I will go and make a few more posts so I can PM her.

OK, a lot of posting happened in the few minutes I went to get a snack! I figured it was something like needing 25 posts, but didn't remember for sure. Anyway, it did work to email you.
I know lots of farmers/ranchers, too - but my dad isn't one, and neither is my husband; he's a computer geek!

m 'n c
04-05-2008, 04:21 PM
We'll have to introduce you to Janet - she'll get you there fast. Anyways I'm going to go play in the Just for fun bump threads so you can join me if you want.

lanny76
04-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Wow, 75 posts, it seems hard to get to 25 right now but I love this site and am making $ for my Disney trip in 09. I am just going to keep trying and posting.

I remember when I thought 25 or 75 would be hard, too, but once I discovered all those fun threads, and got more chatty, my post number shot up quickly!

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Yep, I just made the magic number to PM my question to you. I just tried and it didn't work yet.

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 04:48 PM
ok, now why can't I PM to Lanny? What am I doing wrong? I have it checked in my options, I have 25 posts. Any suggestions? Thanks.

lanny76
04-05-2008, 05:00 PM
OK, so maybe it takes just a bit for it to get active? M'nc or somebody else will know that better than I! Anyway, I did email you- have you checked your email?

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Ok, I am in the older generation and will have to search to find the email. I thought it may just pop up. When I am in the options section do I check the box to recv emails or leave it unchecked. I read to be to check it, but could be wrong.

I think you may be right about having to wait a bit of time. I will try before I leave work and then when I come back on Sunday.

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I still don't have a place to check emails. I have read in the FAQ and I am waiting for an email bar to show up. I don't see any options other then the check in the box.

I wanted to say sorry for hijacking your thread but I wanted to ask you about your answer to my post because I am struggling but understand that the sponsors are what keep the board running.

I will keep trying.

lanny76
04-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Ok, I am in the older generation and will have to search to find the email. I thought it may just pop up. When I am in the options section do I check the box to recv emails or leave it unchecked. I read to be to check it, but could be wrong.

I think you may be right about having to wait a bit of time. I will try before I leave work and then when I come back on Sunday.

I think you check the box; that's what I did, anyway. And maybe my email went to your regular email inbox?

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow, this has become why can't I email you thread. :p I finally have the PM option on my sign in so I did email you. Now, I will go back and see if I have the box checked and wait. I am leaving in about 30 minutes and don't have internet at my home.

Thanks for being so patient.

lanny76
04-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Well, I did get your PM and PM'd you, so I think we have this all worked out now!:rotfl:

MooseBrains
04-05-2008, 06:20 PM
But now we have 3 pages of posts...sorry everyone for the hijacking and back and forth between us. I guess we will let this close now.

lanny76
04-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh well, I started the thread, and my question has been answered anyway, so it isn't that big a deal! Threads can go off on a tangent sometimes.

ligrumpygirl
04-05-2008, 10:08 PM
We'll have to introduce you to Janet - she'll get you there fast. Anyways I'm going to go play in the Just for fun bump threads so you can join me if you want.

Me Janet? or Janet #1? Both of us like to help bump people's numbers up! I will be bacm in the morning if anybody else needs help! Check out the 25/75 post I bumped up this morning.

m 'n c
04-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Me Janet? or Janet #1? Both of us like to help bump people's numbers up! I will be bacm in the morning if anybody else needs help! Check out the 25/75 post I bumped up this morning.

You!!! :rotfl:

ligrumpygirl
04-05-2008, 10:17 PM
You!!! :rotfl:

Who me???? Can you tell that I like to talk????? Whether it is in the Just for Fun section or chat! You can always find me in one of those sections! I think DH is just happy that I am not rambling on to him about SR as much...I have all my friends here to talk to!

m 'n c
04-05-2008, 10:21 PM
But now we have 3 pages of posts...sorry everyone for the hijacking and back and forth between us. I guess we will let this close now.

Don't worry. I'm a mod and can't even keep on topic! I'm not setting a very good example for you now am I? :rotfl:

lanny76
04-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Oh well - like I said, threads digress, just like a conversation can! And since I started the thread, and got an answer to my original question, it doesn't bother that we all ended up figuring some other problem out, too. Sort of like 2 for one!