PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining!!!

Mom2aPrincess
04-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Free Disney Dining Plan for Disney Visa Holders

Vacation Dates: August 24-September 20, 2008

Booking Deadline: June 22, 2008

Fine Print: stays must be booked for a minimum of 3 nights and a maximum of 14 and include at least a 1 Day Magic Your Way Ticket.

Limited Availability! Do not wait until June 22!!!

Codes:

CMK for Dining Plan (FREE)
CMP for Deluxe Dining Plan
CMM for Dining Plan plus Wine & Dine Plan
CMS for Deluxe Dining Plan plus Wine & Dine Plan
Current Rumor: Offer will be extended to the public on Thursday, April 10.

Magical JenK
04-07-2008, 09:55 AM
This is the first year in 4 years that I'm not taking avantage of this...I feel left out! :( Evil Jenny is trying to figure out if we could still manage an Anniversary weekend?? :rotfl: As if going twice in a calendar year isn't enough for me!! JEEZ!!!

Congrats to all here on SR that get it! Free dining is great! :clap::eat::

Mom2aPrincess
04-07-2008, 10:11 AM
This is the first year in 4 years that I'm not taking avantage of this...I feel left out! :( Evil Jenny is trying to figure out if we could still manage an Anniversary weekend?? :rotfl: As if going twice in a calendar year isn't enough for me!! JEEZ!!!

Congrats to all here on SR that get it! Free dining is great! :clap::eat::

Yea. The only way I could do it was a short weekend during labor day. I think about it each year, but i bet it's a mad house there then. We couldn't leave until Friday evening and would have to come home Monday so we would only really get Saturday and Sunday....air fare and hotel would be a little too expensive to justify that I'm afraid. If only we started school later in the year.

disney_girl
04-07-2008, 10:13 AM
We're DVC so doesn't work for us, but good luck to all getting the free dining plan!! Hope those dates work out for Catherine!!!

Magical JenK
04-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Yea. The only way I could do it was a short weekend during labor day. I think about it each year, but i bet it's a mad house there then. We couldn't leave until Friday evening and would have to come home Monday so we would only really get Saturday and Sunday....air fare and hotel would be a little too expensive to justify that I'm afraid. If only we started school later in the year.

The last 3 trips we've arrived the Tuesday after Labor Day & it's dead then...so I can't speak to how Labor Day weekend is, but I'm hoping for the weekend after!! :p We technically wouldn't be there for our anniversary though...so that kinda bums me out...but I still may try....but you're right...airfare is going to hurt.

See, what else Evil Jenny is thinking is that we could/should get the APs then because we could save money on our December trip by purchasing AP in September! Ha!! Oh that Evil Jenny...she's just evil!!

m 'n c
04-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Don't you dare put this on your blog until after I call and book on Thursday!!! ;)

I'm hoping things will calm down by Thursday. The DIS is reporting 2 hour hold periods. At least I have a ressie booked they just need to modify it. Praying we get to keep our resort. I don't wanna change!

m 'n c
04-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Oh what is the deal with the deluxe dining plan? Is it on a discount? I know its not free.

Magical JenK
04-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I bet it calms down a little by lunch!! Remember not everyone even knows about these codes except us that monitor the dis & other sites. I was on Chase.com this morning & there was nothing about it. So while Thursday morning is going to be busy again, I think you'll be fine!!

Good luck & keep us posted!!

Magical JenK
04-07-2008, 10:18 AM
We're DVC so doesn't work for us, but good luck to all getting the free dining plan!! Hope those dates work out for Catherine!!!

How come? I thought you could add it to DVC as long as you got a base ticket?? I could be wrong though...I don't know DVC well...maybe I'm thinking AP??

Magical JenK
04-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Oh what is the deal with the deluxe dining plan? Is it on a discount? I know its not free.

Yes, $32 adult, $10 kid/per night.

Mom2aPrincess
04-07-2008, 10:20 AM
The last 3 trips we've arrived the Tuesday after Labor Day & it's dead then...so I can't speak to how Labor Day weekend is, but I'm hoping for the weekend after!! :p We technically wouldn't be there for our anniversary though...so that kinda bums me out...but I still may try....but you're right...airfare is going to hurt.

See, what else Evil Jenny is thinking is that we could/should get the APs then because we could save money on our December trip by purchasing AP in September! Ha!! Oh that Evil Jenny...she's just evil!!

That sounds like a GREAT plan to me.

Don't you dare put this on your blog until after I call and book on Thursday!!! ;)

I'm hoping things will calm down by Thursday. The DIS is reporting 2 hour hold periods. At least I have a ressie booked they just need to modify it. Praying we get to keep our resort. I don't wanna change!

Haha...Sorry. I posted it there at the same time I was here. :rotfl:

Want me to go back and add "no one should call until Catherine gets hers"

You pay the difference in price between normal and deluxe

How come? I thought you could add it to DVC as long as you got a base ticket?? I could be wrong though...I don't know DVC well...maybe I'm thinking AP??

I thought so too.

m 'n c
04-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Dang Kimberly! It should be a secret until Thursday (or at least that's when I was planning to mention it!). I remember reading that they release rooms in waves and based on what's filling up where so I guess I can just take what I can get on Thursday and keep calling and harassing.

Mom2aPrincess
04-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Dang Kimberly! It should be a secret until Thursday (or at least that's when I was planning to mention it!). I remember reading that they release rooms in waves and based on what's filling up where so I guess I can just take what I can get on Thursday and keep calling and harassing.

It's all over Mousesavers (that's where I got the info)

No speaker phone? I always just put things on speaker phone that need to be on hold and go about my business.

m 'n c
04-07-2008, 10:49 AM
That is my plan. speakerphone and get ready for work. Watch they'll pick up as I'm in the shower washing my hair!

Mom2aPrincess
04-07-2008, 10:58 AM
That is my plan. speakerphone and get ready for work. Watch they'll pick up as I'm in the shower washing my hair!

:rotfl: That would be my luck.

I so wish I could figure out a way for us to take our trip then. Darn schools and their schedules - I wish we coudl go back to not starting until after labor day.

linanglab
04-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Oh man....I wish SOMEDAY I will be able to do the fre dining. That sounds SOOOO fun. We never buy the dining plan, because we do lots of counter, plus eat OUTSIDE (I know.....where is the Disney spirit, right?) Disney alot. Isn't worth it for us. But for it to be FREE! That would be awesome!

JillyFish
04-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Just gotta whine a little bit......

I wanna go SOOOOOOO bad!!!!!!!!! :cry:

:sorry:

fourfoxesinpa
04-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Do they ever do Free Dining later in the year? We could possibly be "doing the parks" instead of another cruise this year after Thanksgiving. I wanted to upgrade to a verandah and now they're all booked! :cry: If one doesn't open up, I'm going to roll our ressie over to 2009 and head to WDW instead. Free Dining would be awesome!

Mom2aPrincess
04-07-2008, 11:33 AM

I'm with you!! totally. I wanna go too!!!

Do they ever do Free Dining later in the year? We could possibly be "doing the parks" instead of another cruise this year after Thanksgiving. I wanted to upgrade to a verandah and now they're all booked! :cry: If one doesn't open up, I'm going to roll our ressie over to 2009 and head to WDW instead. Free Dining would be awesome!

It's the only time of the year so far in its history I think.

coastalgirl
04-07-2008, 11:33 AM

Me too girl! DS starts school in August and I just hate for him to miss a week of school at the begining but I am playing around with maybe just a 3-4 day trip and then he would only miss a couple of days. Since we cancelled our February trip it really is already paid for! :angel:

Hedy
04-07-2008, 11:34 AM

Nope. They pretty much do it to fill the parks during hurracaine season. DVC can get the DDP, but not free dining.

I'm just missing it, but I don't think checking out of Pop on 8/24 is going to be fun.

fourfoxesinpa
04-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Nope. They pretty much do it to fill the parks during hurracaine season. DVC can get the DDP, but not free dining.

That wasn't the answer I wanted to hear! :cry: :cry: :cry: I can't wait for these kids to go off to college so I can go to WDW whenever I want! LOL!

howdyfrtx
04-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Super excited!! :woohoo: We were able to get FD for POR 9/19 - 9/27. I was a nervous wreck this morning...even though I didn't do anything our TA did but it was still the unknown if she got it or not.

Magical JenK
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Super excited!! :woohoo: We were able to get FD for POR 9/19 - 9/27. I was a nervous wreck this morning...even though I didn't do anything our TA did but it was still the unknown if she got it or not.

Awesome! Congrats!!

m 'n c
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM

Congrats! I didn't get approved for my Disney Visa yet so I have to call Thursday :(

So they did let you extend beyond the 9/20 date with it? We are barely squeeking by this year on FD. Wonder if they will extend it if the hotels aren't filling up.

luvdisney00
04-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Yes, I can confirm that you can extend as long as you check in by the 20th. I was sweating this out as well, but we are 9/17- 9/22 and we have it for our whole stay. :) Good Luck!

m 'n c
04-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Yes, I can confirm that you can extend as long as you check in by the 20th. I was sweating this out as well, but we are 9/17- 9/22 and we have it for our whole stay. :) Good Luck!

Whew! Thanks for confirming that for me. I've read both answers today.

ShanPooh
04-07-2008, 11:58 PM
We got ASMusic for the beginning of September! Hope we get to stay in Jazz.
Definitely happy to get the free dining :) but we won't be staying with everyone else at our Jiangxi reunion. I just couldn't stomach paying rack rate for just the four of us at POR even with free dining.
Had to wait 65 minutes :snore: before I talked to someone - called at 7:45. She said that she was surprised that there were still value resorts available (Whoa!), but all the All-Stars were available during our dates - only POP was filled for the beginning of Sept.
Hope everyone is able to get the dates and resorts they want!!!

wendyburger
04-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Yay! I just called and got Pop Century for Sept 4-8! We are going for a later anniversary trip and don't want to leave the "baby" for too long. Ok, he will almost be 5 years old, but I know that we will still miss him terribly...especially since he loves WDW so much. BUT this will be the first time we get to go to WDW alone since our honeymoon (and first time going) since 1998. We were trying to figure out a cheap way to go...we already have annual passes, so now to find a cheap flight from WA. I'm excited. We were wanting to go see the Night of Joy (never seen it before), so when the free dining was announce...WOOT! :cooldance: I jumped on that.