PDA

View Full Version : Disney Photopass Sessions

m 'n c
04-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Has anyone booked one of the Disney Photopass sessions at the Grand Floridian? I'm wondering what your experiences were like and picture quality. I read about it on the DIS and it seems like its expanding this month to the Poly and SSR as well. Supposively, it's a $25 sitting fee if you pre-purchase the Photopass before you go and includes about 30-40 minutes with a photographer who takes your pics. From what I hear it could be around 40 pictures in that time period and you get the rights to those pictures.

I thought it might be fun for Mike and I since we don't have any professional pictures of the 2 of us.

disney_girl
04-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Ooohhh.. I am very interested in learning more about this!! We haven't done any professional type pics family pics and what better place to do it!! Especially since we'll definitely purchase the photopass! Hope someone has more info!

m 'n c
04-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I have to run to a meeting but I have a sticky note with a summary of points. I'll post them when I get back.

m 'n c
04-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Ok here is what I found out.

You can arrange for a private photo session with a Disney PhotoPass photographer at the Grand Floridian Resort. The session includes around 40 photos taken around the picturesque resort and its beach. Pricing is as follows: $49.95 for a Disney's PhotoPass card containing your photos which can then be added to your disneyphotopass.com account; $124.95 (or save 20% by pre-ordering - see details below) which will get you a PhotoCD with your images. If you choose to get the PhotoCD, you can save your receipt and CD and exchange it later on during your vacation for a new PhotoCD containing all of your Disney's PhotoPass images. The only catch is you won't be able to make enhancements to any of the photos; or bring the required proof that you pre-ordered the PhotoCD and the cost is only $25. Reports from guests who have participated in the photo sessions are overwhelmingly positive. Call 407-824-1700 to make reservations up to 30 days in advance or for additional information. These sessions may be extended to other deluxe level resorts in the future.

Supposively in April they are adding on the Poly and SSR for picture destinations. So far I have only seen pics at the GF and they seem nice enough for $25 since we'll be buying the photopass this time anyway.

ligrumpygirl
04-08-2008, 07:50 PM
A friend of mine did it in July. The pictures came out really nice. The photographer works quick so with 2 adults it should be nice and easy. With two kids, it was a bit rushed I understand. I would definitely do it...especially if they go to SSR. I paid for a local photographer to take family photos during the same July trip. I LOVED him and the pictures but too pricey to do every year. I would definitely do this every year.

I will see if I can find out any more from my friend.

m 'n c
04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Janet - the DIS was saying SSR is going to start being offered this month so maybe by the time you go again it will be in full swing.

disney_girl
04-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm definitely interested in this if/ when they are at SSR! I have to decide if I want to do it in May or October. I'm leaning towards October right now. My kids are already so used to posing for pictures- maybe that will be an advantage! lol

Would love to hear from anyone else that has done this!

oh heck...I want to do this in May too ROFL

disney_girl
04-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Ok.... I've been sitting here reading on the DIS about this and saw that it is supposed to start at SSR on April 15th (and April 27th at Poly). You can make your appt 30 days out. So, I'm going to call tomorrow and see what kind of appt I can get that would work for us. Then to figure out what we'll wear! I'm sure I'll want to do it again in October too lol!

m 'n c
04-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Awesome! I want to see your pictures after you get them back. Mike agreed to doing this so now I just have to pick a resort to have our pictures taken at.

I read that late afternoon is the time to do it at. When you call can you let me know what the people there actually recommend. If the best time really is 6ish I need to push back a dinner ressie.

disney_girl
04-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Sure will! That's my first question- what times they offer and what times they recommend. Of course since I have 2 little ones, my "best" time might be way different than yours lol! But I will ask their recommendations for a couple as well and see what I can find out!

I told Tony we would do this in May if they had it at SSR and he said why not try to book GF this time and SSR next time. So we'll see how it all works out. $25 is really a good price since we'll already buy the photopass anyway. And I'm sure your wardrobe can be as dressy or as relaxed as you want it to be. As long as it's not matching clothes, DH won't mind lol.

m 'n c
04-09-2008, 12:11 AM
I read some people said the issues with the morning times were that the sun was in their eyes so there was a lot of squinting and closed eyes. Might be something to think about. I never did see a beginning time but I think the latest time is 7 or 8pm

disney_girl
04-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Ahh... good to know. Hadn't thought about the sun! I'll let you know what I find out!

jenvance
04-09-2008, 08:40 AM
My friend had this done in January. They had 12 people, so they paid for two sessions. So it was $50. They all wore white tshirts and jeans. The pictures they had taken were fantastic. Even with 6 kids and 6 adults, they got about 75 photos. This is definitely worth the $25. We will be doing it in January when we go back! I think the last one is 6pm. And you have to arrive early as far as I remember.

ShellChelle
05-06-2008, 08:54 AM
I've noticed in all the photos I've seen from photopass sessions that all the families/groups always wear the same color shirt. Is this something that is suggested/required?

Just curious because my individualistic kids will balk at having to dress the same!:p

m 'n c
05-06-2008, 09:12 AM
I've noticed in all the photos I've seen from photopass sessions that all the families/groups always wear the same color shirt. Is this something that is suggested/required?

Just curious because my individualistic kids will balk at having to dress the same!:p

I think people just choose to wear the same thing. Mostly white tshirts and khaki's which I do not do. I think we'll be in black shirts of some sort and blue jeans for ours.

Magical JenK
05-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Where are you seeing the photos people have had done? On the Dis? I'd LOVE to have photos of Steve & I that are NOT self portraits!! I should totally look into this! They'd make for some very nice Christmas cards...although I probably wouldn't get the CD in time to make cards....hmmm....something to think about anyway!

linanglab
05-06-2008, 12:28 PM
We have a LONG time until our trip...sniff...sniff...but I am definitely interested! We always do our WDW pics as our Christmas pictures anyway. We also buy the photo cd too. So the extra $25 is a great deal! I am with Jen - WHERE are you finding the pictures? I would love to see what they look like - poses, clothing, background, etc.

Carla - can't wait to see yours! You must be the guinea pig on SR!

wilsonfamily4
05-06-2008, 12:37 PM
I have been thinking about these for awhile now. I am bummed because we are going in January and the kids will change so much from then until Christmas cards are sent out 11 months later! :)
But we are taking my inlaws and I think it would be fun to get some with them and some without them. Has anyone been able to do some pictures with 6 and some pictures with 4?

m 'n c
05-06-2008, 12:49 PM
There is a thread in the resorts section on the DIS called breaking news...photosessions or something similar. Its fairly long so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Dee- there was someone who had something like a group of 12 or 15 and they had no problems breaking it down to certain groups during the photopass session.

Magical JenK
05-06-2008, 01:19 PM
There is a thread in the resorts section on the DIS called breaking news...photosessions or something similar. Its fairly long so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Dee- there was someone who had something like a group of 12 or 15 and they had no problems breaking it down to certain groups during the photopass session.

Yep! Just got done reading the thread! I LOVE it! I'm so excited!! Sounds really fun & sis-in-law is excited too! Can't wait to see everyone's photos who do it between now & December...I have a little bit of a wait, but still very excited!!

Joni
05-06-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm a regular lurker - but here's a few of ours from March.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/jrpatter/image153.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/jrpatter/image354.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/jrpatter/image376.jpg

I would agree about the sun - we had ours in the morning and the sun was too bright. They actually had to reshoot most of the outside ones because the camera wasn't working right - but they gave us 3 free 5x7 for the delay! I would do it again!

spring
05-06-2008, 04:12 PM
You have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing.:sunshine:

linanglab
05-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Joni - CUTE pics! I absolutely love the one of your girls in the hammock! That is adorable!

lrsellars
05-07-2008, 08:22 AM
We're going in June and I'm hoping to do both the GR and the Poly. That will give me two opportunities if one session doesn't turn out well. Can't wait to see someones Poly pictures but I thought I read they weren't starting that until later this month. Not really sure though.

m 'n c
05-13-2008, 06:12 PM
bumping for when Carla gets back :sunshine:

hmdelf
07-16-2008, 12:30 PM
We didn't do this, but we did a photoshoot on our honeymoon nad it was great. We did dop it in the AM and the sun was terrible, so afternoon is definately something I would consider.

Since I am a rookie here, can someone hook me up with a DIS board link or tell me what it is?

We are definately going to try this photopass with the kids this year! Great info! Thank you

ligrumpygirl
07-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Just back...did one at SSR and BFF did one at Beach Club. Will post pictures when I get them.

Did mine at 330 at SSR...30 minute session for $25 because I purchased the CD at home.

ligrumpygirl
08-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Bumping up to let you know that the price has now gone up to $50 as of September 1st. Found the info on the other board.

I know I haven't posted my pics yet...just got the photo disk. Hopefully I will get up a few during the week...

pbhall13
08-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Bumping up to let you know that the price has now gone up to $50 as of September 1st. Found the info on the other board.

I know I haven't posted my pics yet...just got the photo disk. Hopefully I will get up a few during the week...

hurry I want to see them...........I wonder how this works if I am buying photopass with a friend??? did you print out order form from home (I mean confirmation of ordering cd)

pamela