PDA

View Full Version : Yummy, FREE Dining...so who's going?

Pooh's Pal
04-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Just wondering who will be taking advantage of Disney offer of FREE dining in late August-through mid-September?
Where are you staying and how long...what kind of deal did you get?

I spent half my day pushing numbers for two of the gals I work with, both have never been and want to take advantage of the new offer...so how about you?

:eat:

m 'n c
04-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I gotta call in the morning so once I get my surveys in for the day I'm off to bed. I'll reply as soon as I get off the phone.

Magical JenK
04-10-2008, 07:17 AM
I'm so sad...I'm not going, but yet here I am online at 6am watching those on disboards posting that they got it...I'm glad for all those that got it! It's an awesome deal!!

saffymom
04-10-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm so sad...I'm not going, but yet here I am online at 6am watching those on disboards posting that they got it...I'm glad for all those that got it! It's an awesome deal!!

I'm not going either, but like you Jen, I'm sitting here watching all the people on the disboards who are. I'm happy for all those that were able to get what they wanted.:)

LuvMyBoys
04-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Booked online this morning 9/20-9/24 at a Fort Wilderness Cabin, 1 day tix for all of us (going to MNSSHP too) and the FREE dining plan!! Total was just over $1500 :cooldance:

I can't wait, we've never stayed in the cabins before!! :sunshine:

Magical JenK
04-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Oooh Carrie! Be sure to take photos of the cabins & share w/us when you get back! I'd love to hear about them! And congrats on free dining!!

LuvMyBoys
04-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Oooh Carrie! Be sure to take photos of the cabins & share w/us when you get back! I'd love to hear about them! And congrats on free dining!!

I certainly will! :) We are so excited to stay there! It looks like there is a lot to do at Fort Wilderness, I didn't even know they had a beach too! We are so excited for the trip! We are also doing MNSSHP for the first time this trip so we are all excited about that too! :)

catnapfan
04-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I just went online and booked FD at POFQ for 8/25-8/30. :cooldance: We got 5 nights hotel and 5 day tickets with park hoppers for myself, DH and DS13 for $1672. It took me a while to convince DH to take this trip since we are already going to South Dakota 6/11-6/18 and he doesn't see why we need to take two big vacations in one year. Funny thing is- even though he was against going to Disney at first, as soon as I got done booking it he asked if I still had the POFQ resort map from the last time we stayed there and he's been studying it ever since. :)

MooseBrains
04-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I had my reservation early in the week for Sept 17-25 at a mod. I am still undecided if we are going to go or not. DH brought up a good point that our airlines tickets are free and if we don't go we have to pay but they are good for a year. He also said the trip would be a good reward for me paying off my CC debt and paying cash for the trip. Additionally DS would have a great story for his class. Bad side, DS will miss school starting off.

But I do have FD from Monday Morning.

m 'n c
04-10-2008, 05:52 PM
I had my reservation early in the week for Sept 17-25 at a mod. I am still undecided if we are going to go or not. DH brought up a good point that our airlines tickets are free and if we don't go we have to pay but they are good for a year. He also said the trip would be a good reward for me paying off my CC debt and paying cash for the trip. Additionally DS would have a great story for his class. Bad side, DS will miss school starting off.

But I do have FD from Monday Morning.

How about down grading to a Value? It wouldn't be as much as it would take less cash to pay for.

Pooh's Pal
04-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Booked online this morning 9/20-9/24 at a Fort Wilderness Cabin, 1 day tix for all of us (going to MNSSHP too) and the FREE dining plan!! Total was just over $1500 :cooldance:

I can't wait, we've never stayed in the cabins before!! :sunshine:
Awesome deal! May I ask how many this was for...2 or 3?
again, CONGRATS

jenvance
04-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Wish I was but we can't swing it since we are having a baby in the beginning of August. We went last year for free dining and it was great, way to hot but the food was great. Way to hot for me. We will e going back in January.

LuvMyBoys
04-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Awesome deal! May I ask how many this was for...2 or 3?
again, CONGRATS

It's for 4 nights for the 6 of us (2 adults, 4 children). We only got one day base tix for each of though as we are doing the party separately and we only do 2 parks a trip (we usually go every year though). :)

luvdisney00
04-11-2008, 06:40 AM
We'll be there Sept. 17 to 22 at the Poly. We've never gone in Sept and never had free dining, so I'm excited. We also still haven't told the kids, so we have to decide how we are going to do that. I hope to do it soon though, because I''m going to bust if I try to keep this secret much longer.

T1nkrules
04-11-2008, 07:17 AM
We WERE going in August and have been there for free dining before, but with a new baby due in October, we upped WDW to May! :mickey: :minnie: It's a great plan and really helps to save!

MooseBrains
04-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Over to the other thread

savannahbetsy
04-26-2008, 11:37 AM
We are going Sept 11-14, staying at POP I can not wait!

LyndaM
04-26-2008, 12:52 PM
We'll be staying at POP Sept 5-8.:cooldance:

savannahbetsy
04-26-2008, 03:41 PM
aww LyndaM we will miss each other only by a few days :(

Debbie Jean
04-27-2008, 03:38 PM
We'll be at POFQ Aug 18-22 :cooldance: We're using out DVC in May so this will be a quick "extra" trip... we so love FQ :love: I upgraded us to the deluxe dining so this will be our trip to eat :rotfl: Already made our ADR's including several signature restaurants we've never been to because they were too expensive or didn't want to use 2 TS for... California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoossee's.

Bring on the food... like I need it!! :o

MooseBrains
04-28-2008, 11:22 AM
We are going and will have paid the entire trip before we arrive in cash! POR and free dining here we come.

hmdelf
07-16-2008, 11:35 AM
robin- you'll love PO! I love it there! You got a great deal!

Do you all think it is worth the free dining. If they still offer it, we are looking into it for next year! Any advice?
~Heather

juliokirkland
07-18-2008, 07:58 PM
We'll be staying at POP from Aug 25-Sep 1. It's our 1st trip to WDW and have upgraded to DxxDP. We're so excited.