PDA

View Full Version : Just booked Contemporary

nurseminnie76
04-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Ok - I booked the Contemporary for myself and DD8 for the Sun - Wed nights prior to the SR Disney Cruise. DD requested Contemporary because she loves the monorail.

Convince me I did the right thing. I would love to hear from those who have stayed at the Contemporary. With the exception of the monorail, I am afraid the theme of the hotel won't be that great. We normally stay at BW due to the proximity of Epcot, but since it is a Mom/DD trip I am trying to do whatever DD wants.

I guess overall it doesn't really matter that much where we stay, all that matters is that I'm getting to spend one-on-one time with DD at the Happiest Place in the World! :cooldance:

m 'n c
04-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Well I'm not a huge fan of the Contemporary but if that is what you DD wants I'd stay there for her. Have yall stayed at the Polynesian before? That might be a little less dull for you and its on the monorail as well.

arob414
04-10-2008, 09:09 PM
I am jealous! :) Would love to stay there. And, I think my DDs would also. However, no matter how I felt, I would be like you and stay where my daughter wanted to stay. In the end, that is what makes me happy.

Hedy
04-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Oooh, the CR is my dream resort.

My brothers, sisters-in-law and nephew (then 5) stayed there in 01, pre-rehab. They liked it, and Nephew is dying to go back.

3dog2kidmom
04-10-2008, 09:14 PM
I think it would be awesome. I hope to stay there someday!!

JOLAROCHE
04-10-2008, 09:21 PM
My DS wanted to stay there 2 years ago. It was the best choice. The cast member who checed us in was so nice. She realized how excited my son was and upgraded our room for free we had castle view could see the fireworks from our bed or the balconey. Going out in the morning you could hear all the fun at Chef Mickeys. It is now my favorite and I had alway loved the POLY.
I think you made a wonderful choice.

mjjmbnmm
04-10-2008, 09:58 PM
We've stayed there and loved it and that's were we are going to stay after the sr cruise.:)

luvdisney00
04-11-2008, 06:34 AM
I have always wanted to stay there, it seems to always have a buzz of excitement going on. Last year we left Animal Kingdom really late one night without eating (we were staying at the Poly) and we wanted to do a quick CS, but had already eaten a few times at Capt. Cooks, so we went to the Contemporary around 9 to use their CS and get something. The food was really good and there was just so much going on in the hotel. The kids played in the arcade and we watched the monorail and went in the shops after dinner. I think you'll have fun there, and if it's crowed waiting for the MR coming out of MK you can WALK home!

linanglab
04-11-2008, 06:53 AM
I used to think it looked "blah" for lack of better words. But now it intrigues me and I would like to stay there. To watch the monorail go by all the time would be awesome!

nurseminnie76
04-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks Guys! After your replies I am feeling much better about the choice. I know it's Disney and we'll have regardless of the hotel. I do like the fact that the monorail will be so convenient for MK and Epcot. :)

pbhall13
04-11-2008, 01:08 PM
stayed there back in 1997.....in a garden wing (now demolished)....and I hated those but the main building was great. There definately is always something going on there and to be able to walk over to MK is great.....especially on those busy times when everyone is trying to get on the monorail. You and your daughter will love it!

Pamela

~Kathie
04-12-2008, 05:24 PM
We stayed there sometime ago for a Disneyana convention. We had a parkside tower room and there is nothing like looking out your window and seeing Cinderella's Castle day and/or night!

The tower rooms are big....it was just the 2 of us and we had a lot of space.

The hotel is a bustle of activity. Our room was above Chef Mickey's. We did wake up to the Chef Mickey's music every morning. Since we had to be up early anyway, it didn't bother us, but I know somw people complained about it.

We love the shops, the restaurants and if you go out to the back dock at night, you can catch the Electrical Water pagent.

I don't think you will be sorry. We loved it!!!