PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars?

sammielynn
04-11-2008, 07:16 AM
What demonations do the Disney Dollars come in. I found out that you can use them to pay for parking and was thinking about cashing out for some. Would be almost be like free parking. If they were all $10 you could just add one dollar and be all set.

coastalgirl
04-11-2008, 08:18 AM
the last time I got them they were $10 bills, but that was last summer. Hope that helps!

SunshineGirl
04-11-2008, 08:29 AM
I usually only buy 10s, Every now and again 5s if they are cute.

sammielynn
04-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Great thanks!

cherbear
04-11-2008, 09:43 AM
I do know of one person that received her Disney Dollars a little later than expected, so she got a little lagniappe(extra)...three $1 Disney dollars. See, they are just SO good to us here!!! :sunshine:

Now you have got me thinking whether we can pay our gratuity (I'm on the dining plan this September) with Disney dollars. :rotfl:
I'm kidding--I know that'd be impossible.

wilsonfamily4
04-11-2008, 11:45 AM
I do know of one person that received her Disney Dollars a little later than expected, so she got a little lagniappe(extra)...three $1 Disney dollars. See, they are just SO good to us here!!! :sunshine:

Now you have got me thinking whether we can pay our gratuity (I'm on the dining plan this September) with Disney dollars. :rotfl:

There is a thread over at the DIS right now on this. I guess you can because they can trade them in, supposedly. But I am not sure I woudl like that if I was them.

mollyeilis
04-11-2008, 03:11 PM

Ooh, you know the word lagniappe! How cool are you? (in college an upperclass group created a fall break trip for those interested, we paid and then the morning of found out where we were going, as an "unexpected surprise")

You can use the Dollars as tips...can use the giftcards to tip, too.

However, I have never been worried about Sunshine mail making it to me except for when I've ordered disney dollars, since it's like cash...

cherbear
04-11-2008, 03:53 PM
There is a thread over at the DIS right now on this. I guess you can because they can trade them in, supposedly. But I am not sure I woudl like that if I was them.

thanks..I will have to look for it.

Ooh, you know the word lagniappe! How cool are you? (in college an upperclass group created a fall break trip for those interested, we paid and then the morning of found out where we were going, as an "unexpected surprise")

You can use the Dollars as tips...can use the giftcards to tip, too.

However, I have never been worried about Sunshine mail making it to me except for when I've ordered disney dollars, since it's like cash...

Yes, I'm from New Orleans. hehe

Oh...even better! I am planning on cashing out for Gift cards and I NEVER would have thought I could pay for my gratuity with them. Are you sure I can do that even if we're not paying for any of the food we order? (got the dining plan)
That would be SO perfect, because I wasn't planning on buying THAT many souvenirs....and I should have a good chunk of money in Disney gift cards by then. :sunshine:

mollyeilis
04-13-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm pretty sure there are a few posts over on the dis about using the giftcards for tips, even when on the DDP. Do doublecheck, just in case I hallucinated. :)

I've definitely used them for tips at DisneyLAND, and generally WDW has more generous policies than DLR (except that DLR is cool with using child swap and FP at the same time, while WDW doesn't seem to like that:p).

But either in the restaurant or dining plan forum over "there", there's a thread about disney dollars that asks if you can use them, and many people mention that gift cards would be better and that they have used them for tips.

MooseBrains
04-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I like the GC for food and wine as they are easy to carry around and scan but using DD for tips is just brilliant. I am going to have to see if I can get DD from my GC.

mollyeilis
04-13-2008, 11:56 AM
From disneygiftcard.com:

Q: Can I buy Disney Dollars with the Disney Gift Card?
A: Disney Dollars cannot be purchased with the Disney Gift Card.

m 'n c
04-13-2008, 11:57 AM
I think you can charge the tips on your room key and then pay your room key off with disney gift cards.

ligrumpygirl
04-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Just bought Disney Dollars yesterday as a birthday gift. They are so cute! Each bill had a different picture of Mickey on them.

I like to buy DD for gifts and tell people to buy them for my kids when they are what kind of GC to buy them...every little bit helps!