PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood & Vine Dinner???

LuvMyBoys
04-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Has anyone been to the Hollywood & Vine dinner buffet? I called last night and tried to get the Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose's but it was sold out :(

Our only option is to do an early dinner at Hollywood & Vine (can't do Brown Derby b/c too many credits), any opinions?

TIA

zoodoyle
04-11-2008, 09:55 AM
I'll be interested to hear any opinions as well since we will be doing their fantasmic package in August!!

m 'n c
04-11-2008, 10:02 AM
We ate there in 2006. We thought it was the worst meal of our trip. The food was kinda bleh and the waitress was nonexistent for most of the meal. Took forever to find someone to clear our dirty plates. It could have just been the night we went or the workers that shift but we won't go back.

You really don't need a Fantasmic package in September though from what I remember.

LuvMyBoys
04-11-2008, 10:49 AM
We ate there in 2006. We thought it was the worst meal of our trip. The food was kinda bleh and the waitress was nonexistent for most of the meal. Took forever to find someone to clear our dirty plates. It could have just been the night we went or the workers that shift but we won't go back.

You really don't need a Fantasmic package in September though from what I remember.

That's what I was afraid of :( I really don't want to go to a sub-standard buffet when there are so many other options.

BUT.........

I really don't want to stand in line for over 30 minutes with all the kids or have to stand for Fantasmic. I wish I knew how the Sept crowds are going to be this year so I could know for sure. :confused:

m 'n c
04-11-2008, 11:50 AM
I know what you mean. Hmmm maybe ask Jen what the crowds were like last year.

In 2006 I think we got in 45-60 mins ahead of time for Fantasmic and got great seats. Might have been closer to 45 mins ahead of time. It wasn't until like 15 before when people were having to sit in the very very back.

m 'n c
04-11-2008, 11:55 AM
FWIW - we decided to screw the fantasmic dinner package and went with Sci Fi to have some fun at the "drive-in"

Mom2aPrincess
04-11-2008, 02:02 PM
We went in December and we enjoyed it. We'll be going back in August. I wouldn't say it was my favorite meal, but our waitress was very nice and the desserts were great! I try to minimize lines with my dd7 so I like being able to walk straight in and have pretty good seats (and not have to sit around too long and hear the "I wants" with all the stuff they are walking around saleing).

Wendi63
05-13-2008, 09:39 PM
We have done Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic dinner several times with our family and have enjoyed it. We have never had problems with the service and the food has always been pretty good. The kids like it because they have a variety to choose from and we like it because we don't have to find ways to entertain the kids while we wait for our meals. We usually go in July or August when it is pretty busy and a good idea to get the Fantasmic package so that you don't have to worry about getting a decent seat for the show. I'm not sure what it would be like in September.

LuvMyBoys
05-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Well, we are going to take our chances with Fantasmic since September is usually good for low crowds. Hopefully it will work out! :)

We decided to do the lunch at Hollywood & Vine instead b/c at least that way the little ones will get to see the Playhouse Disney characters and have some fun. :)

T1nkrules
05-24-2008, 09:07 AM
We ate there last week...it was good-not great-but good. The waitress was ok and there was a variety of foods to choose from. Just a nice dinner. My grandson loved the glow cube in his drink! We went to Fantasmic after that. Loved it!!!

LuvMyBoys
05-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Now I'm rethinking the whole Hollywood & Vine thing all together - thinking about going to Sci Fi as Catherine suggested. I just think my older two would like it a lot better and DS4 can do the whole Playhouse thing at the show.

I'm terrible with re-planning the ADRs!! :rotfl:

m 'n c
05-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Now I'm rethinking the whole Hollywood & Vine thing all together - thinking about going to Sci Fi as Catherine suggested. I just think my older two would like it a lot better and DS4 can do the whole Playhouse thing at the show.

It's taken all I've got to avoid redoing my ADRs. I do need to bump breakfast up an hour though. Maybe I'll call tonight and get that changed.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

llgray16
05-30-2008, 08:15 PM

I would strongly advise against H&V. It was by far the WORST meal we ever had at WDW. The food was terrible and the service was even worse. My DH who will eat just about anything was completely disgusted by it!

Go with Sci Fi! We all love the atmosphere and the food there! It is one of our must do's every trip.

LuvMyBoys
06-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I would strongly advise against H&V. It was by far the WORST meal we ever had at WDW. The food was terrible and the service was even worse. My DH who will eat just about anything was completely disgusted by it!

Go with Sci Fi! We all love the atmosphere and the food there! It is one of our must do's every trip.

Ok, you pushed me over the edge!! Calling to change that ressie tonight! :) Does anyone know if we will get to sit in a car or will we have to sit at a table since there are so many of us (6 and the baby)??

I think the boys will totally love the atmosphere! :thanks:

bellanlivismom
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
We ate at H & V last week and thought that it was fine. Not great but fine. Similar to the other buffet that we had at the crystal palace. They had a chocolate mousse that my brother LOVED! I hope that you have fun at sci fi!!