PDA

View Full Version : SR math, date of request?

plantlady
04-12-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm doing my SR math.

We are leaving on vacation on June 28.

I am *trying* get back into the SR spirit, have been working on surveys, been doing ALL of our shopping online, for rewards, ect.

So, I'm trying to figure out when I would need to do our shopping by, ect. If some don't post for 21 days, and they are held until the 15th of the next month. So, I would have to do all of my shopping by around May 15th, to get it credited by June 15. Am I doing the math correctly?

If I ordered Disney Gift Cards for my payout, would they be shipping around the 15th of June? That *should* get to me on time!

I'm buying all of our shoes online, and shopping at drugstore.com.. anything I *already* buy.. I can buy online, and it doesn't cost extra, and it earns us money! I just have to get the purchases made in time for this trip.

My goal is $100. that would do one character meal.

Anyone understand what my question is?

mollyeilis
04-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Well, they tell us to estimate 2-4 weeks, I believe it is.

Now, I personally have experienced times much shorter than that, and that has a level of frustration (like when I earn another 25 in a short amount of time and then feel guilty b/c I could have just ordered a 50 and saved them postage and envelopes and time). BUT it would be FAR more frustrating to leave a short amount of time and not get it. To have that envelope sitting in your mailbox while you're at Disney would be rotten.

So I try to leave ample time.

m 'n c
04-12-2008, 11:55 PM
You would be cutting it close to cash out on the 15th of June. You have to allow for processing time and the USPS to deliver it. I'd cashout June 1 for your trip to be on the safe side.

plantlady
04-13-2008, 08:50 AM
So, If I cash out on June 1,

I should do any last minute shopping by early May, right? To make sure those credits post by June 1?

3dog2kidmom
04-13-2008, 09:34 AM
So, If I cash out on June 1,

I should do any last minute shopping by early May, right? To make sure those credits post by June 1?

Yes. In fact, now wouldn't be too soon. You want to allow plenty of time for the merchant to allocate the credits to SR and then time for them to pend and then a month to be on the safe side to cash out. Like Molly said, better to have the cards sitting in your hot little hands than on your mailbox while you're at DL.

What are you waiting for :) Get shopping :rotfl:

athoods
05-08-2008, 10:17 AM
I agree now might be better than later.

spring
05-08-2008, 10:43 AM
I agree now might be better than later.

I also agree that you do not want to wait too long. I believe the Disney gift cards are done in groups every few weeks. I cashed out for $200 on April 22nd (just so I could get the 100 dollar cards when they came in) and I'm waiting for the next batch to receive them. In my case, I'm in no hurry, but in your case, you might get them too late if you wait. HTH:sunshine:

sunshinecindy
05-08-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm doing my SR math.

We are leaving on vacation on June 28.

I am *trying* get back into the SR spirit, have been working on surveys, been doing ALL of our shopping online, for rewards, ect.

So, I'm trying to figure out when I would need to do our shopping by, ect. If some don't post for 21 days, and they are held until the 15th of the next month. So, I would have to do all of my shopping by around May 15th, to get it credited by June 15. Am I doing the math correctly?

If I ordered Disney Gift Cards for my payout, would they be shipping around the 15th of June? That *should* get to me on time!

I'm buying all of our shoes online, and shopping at drugstore.com.. anything I *already* buy.. I can buy online, and it doesn't cost extra, and it earns us money! I just have to get the purchases made in time for this trip.

My goal is $100. that would do one character meal.

Anyone understand what my question is?

You should cash out for your Disney GC before June 15th. The cashout pages says 2-4 weeks for delivery so just to be sure, I'd cash out by the 10th.

Alice28
05-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I would definitely cash out in early June, just to be safe. Have fun shopping!