PDA

View Full Version : Go Tricia. . .You Can Do It!

missangie
04-15-2008, 09:08 AM
As many of you know, Tricia has been training for the Race for the Cure event this Saturday. She is passionate about the fight against breast cancer and feels driven to making a difference. She has set a fundraising goal of $500.00. She is not quite there yet, but with the power of Sunshine, I know that she will make it. If you haven't been over to the Donation Station under Rewards in your account, head on over there right now and make a donation to the cause. YOU have the power to make a difference!

I know that this is the 2nd or 3rd reminder this week, but it is so important that we (especially the women of SR) support this cause! Cancer is mean and evil, but I believe that we will beat it one day if we continue to fight!!

Go Tricia. . .You can do it!! :hugs:

m 'n c
04-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Way to Go Tricia!! I'll be thinking of you as I'm walking in the Relay for Life Friday night :)

missangie
04-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Way to Go Tricia!! I'll be thinking of you as I'm walking in the Relay for Life Friday night :)

Way to Catherine! I've done the Relay for Life before--what a touching event. When I was in college the event was held in a local park in my home town. All through the night, there were lumineries lighting the path with names of those who have survived, who are fighting, or who have passed. The impact of this disease was overwhelming.

Good Luck with your walk! I'll be thinking of you on Friday. You can do it!!

SunshineGirl
04-15-2008, 09:54 AM
I have to admit that I am getting a little nervous. After not doing a full run on vacation last week, I wasn't about to run a full 3 miles last night. Walking it wouldn't be a problem, but I really want to push myself to run it. So I ran about a mile and half and then walked the other mile and a half. I'm going to walk again tonight and then try the full run again tomorrow. I just want to get in one more good full 3 mile run before the actual race. But then my muscles will still need a day or two to recover before Saturday. Time is running out. LOL!

disney_girl
04-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Wishing you good luck for the race Tricia!! You've been doing well with the running and I know you'll be able to pull it off no problem!!

DH and I are running in the Race for the Cure here on the 26th, so I've been trying to build up my running as well. Unfortunately I slacked the last part of last week and yesterday was horrible! Gotta get back at it!! DH on the other hand can run circles around me lol.

Good luck Tricia! Team SR is pulling for you!!:cooldance:

faithhope
04-15-2008, 11:31 AM
:clap: GO TRICIA :woohoo:

I like donating to charities with the personal touch. Where people I know are involved in the charity. There are so many charities out there with so many worthy causes, but it is wonderful to see people willing to give their time to help support a charity that touches them.

I hope you have fun running the race Tricia.

Blessing and Miracle
04-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Instead of using the donation station, I donated by clicking through your page. Not sure if those proceeds are matched by SR or not, but as long as it's for fighting the cause it really doesn't matter. Good luck, Tricia!

The Light the Night Walk will be coming up soon and hopefully my family will be able to participate again.

askomsky
04-15-2008, 01:48 PM
GOod Luck Tricia!!! I went through the donation station, but wasn't sure which way you would raise more?

We're doing the Relay For Life for the 5th year May 2nd and 3rd. I still get choked up when they light the luminaries on the high school track, it's just amamzing. DS loves it and gets so excited each year to participate.

You can do it Tricia! Even if your tired/sore you'll be running on adrealine that day and will finish no matter what!

lanny76
04-15-2008, 03:16 PM
You can do it Tricia!

PartiesByCatharine
04-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I have to admit that I am getting a little nervous. After not doing a full run on vacation last week, I wasn't about to run a full 3 miles last night. Walking it wouldn't be a problem, but I really want to push myself to run it. So I ran about a mile and half and then walked the other mile and a half. I'm going to walk again tonight and then try the full run again tomorrow. I just want to get in one more good full 3 mile run before the actual race. But then my muscles will still need a day or two to recover before Saturday. Time is running out. LOL!

Best of luck to you! I'm sure the adrenaline will kick in during the race and you'll be able to run the entire thing. We'll all be thinking of you! :)

~Kathie
04-16-2008, 06:55 PM
WTG Tricia, Catherine and Carla!

Wishing you all best of luck!

faithhope
04-17-2008, 10:54 PM
:sunshine::heart:
Bumping

cglaura
04-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Good luck everyone!

Hedy
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Just got this e-mail from Race for the Cure. I like to think Sunshiners' donations made a difference.

On behalf of the Komen Indianapolis Board of Directors, the survivors we impact, our volunteers and everyone affiliated with Susan G. Komen for the Cure IndianapolisĀ®, we would like to extend our deepest appreciation for your support! Thanks to you, the 2008 Indianapolis Race for the CureĀ® was the most successful ever! We had a record 44,050 participants and donations are still pouring in!

Through events like the Race, the Indianapolis Affiliate is able to invest millions in the fight to end breast cancer forever. Of these funds, 75% remain right here in our 21 county service area. The remaining 25% of our income goes to the national Susan G. Komen for the CureĀ® Grants Program to fund cutting edge scientific and clinical research. Because of you, thousands of women will be able to access life saving breast health information, screening and diagnostic services right here in central Indiana . Because of you, scientists will be able to continue their work to find a cure for this tragic disease. Because of your support, we are closer to fulfilling our promise to create a world without breast cancer!

Your generosity truly makes a difference! Thank you!

Pam and Tom Miltner, Indianapolis Race for the Cure Co-Chairs

spring
05-12-2008, 03:52 PM
It's a very nice message. I got one too. Very inspiring!:sunshine: