PDA

View Full Version : Got the "Back from WDW Blues"

Anna
06-11-2007, 09:30 PM
It is such fun for us to do the planning and talk about our trip for weeks prior. We just got back from 10 days at WDW and are already having withdrawals. Anyone else feel this way? :minnie: :mickey:

We were there from 5/31/07 - 6/10/07 and had an AWESOME trip!

Mom_of_2_Bichons
06-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Definitely! We got back a little over a week ago and I've been dreaming Disney since then! We totally enjoyed our Disney trip but I think next time we may be headed back to the Disney Cruise. I've never been more pampered in my entire life! 7 whole days of absolute Disney luxury without the sore feet! :cooldance:

Magical JenK
06-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Oh yes! It always is horribly sad to get back! I guess your sadness just means you had a great trip! Welcome back and time to start planning your next trip!! :0)

m 'n c
06-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Oh I have that. That's why I'm saving up for our trip next year :) I can't wait.

chocovrdmicears
06-12-2007, 07:40 AM
That always happens to us too. :cry: I usually make mickey pancakes or mickey waffles for breakfast on our first weekend at home post-trip and start my campaign to convince my husband to let me plan our next trip. :angel:
(one time we were still on the plane flying home when I started giving him the 'let's go back to Disney look'):rolleyes:

coastalgirl
06-12-2007, 08:53 AM
We have only been home 2 weeks and we miss it! DD, who is 21/2 talks about it every day. I seem to find myself missing it more and more the further away we get from our return date. At least I am not alone in my post trip depression!

KinziePooh
06-12-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm glad you had a great trip Anna! I always feel that way when I get back from WDW.

Tasha228
06-12-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm glad you had a great trip! I always feel that way when I first get back from a trip. It gradually goes away some for me though.

kimntrent
06-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Whenever I get back I feel like I didn't get done what I wanted to get done. I guess that is why I need to go back all the time. =)
________
Maine Marijuana Dispensaries (http://maine.dispensaries.org/)

Trisha818
06-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Glad to hear you had a fun trip! Now it's time to plan the next one! :mickey:

Anna
06-13-2007, 09:36 PM
That always happens to us too. :cry: I usually make mickey pancakes or mickey waffles for breakfast on our first weekend at home post-trip and start my campaign to convince my husband to let me plan our next trip. :angel:
(one time we were still on the plane flying home when I started giving him the 'let's go back to Disney look'):rolleyes:

Now that is funny! :rotfl:
My DS11 and my DD7 were asking if we could just live at Pop Century.

Anna
06-13-2007, 09:37 PM
We have only been home 2 weeks and we miss it! DD, who is 21/2 talks about it every day. I seem to find myself missing it more and more the further away we get from our return date. At least I am not alone in my post trip depression!

No, you are definitely not alone. My DS11 is already talking about next year...lol!:angel:

Anna
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm glad you had a great trip Anna! I always feel that way when I get back from WDW.

Thanks...we sure did. My DS11 really enjoyed the Star Wars Weekends. He was there for the first two. We loved how the Storm Troopers were up on the roof prior to MGM opening...it was so much fun seeing them walking through the park.:love:

Anna
06-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Whenever I get back I feel like I didn't get done what I wanted to get done. I guess that is why I need to go back all the time. =)

You know, I am the same way. On the plane I was saying, how I still did not get to see all the shows we wanted to see. There is just never enough time. :)

Anna
06-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Glad to hear you had a fun trip! Now it's time to plan the next one! :mickey:

I am already working on my husband! :rotfl:

losassok
06-14-2007, 02:46 PM
This is how it went from once a year to twice a year to now three times a year for the last 4 years. In 2007 it was Feb for 10 days in FW cabins, first week of May for a week at Vistana and now waiting till Oct 6 for another week at Vistana. I will be eyeballing the AP discounts to see if I can add some extra days on property in October.

October should be interesting. Me (grandma), my oldest daughter with her kids, oldest boy 7, youngest boy 4 and new baby girl (due any day now0 who will be 3 months at the time. Also my youngest daughter with her little girl who will be 20 months at the time and her new baby boy due in September who will be about 2 weeks old on the trip.

Yikes 5 kids under 7 and 2 newborns!!!!:rotfl:

Pooh's Pal
06-19-2007, 12:30 AM
It is such fun for us to do the planning and talk about our trip for weeks prior. We just got back from 10 days at WDW and are already having withdrawals. Anyone else feel this way? :minnie: :mickey:

Oh, I feel your pain....went the 1st week in May and do not know when I'm going back! I'm trying to go for a few days during Mousefest, but not sure what's happening with my job...just got a promotion, a raise, now the company is for sale!! So I'll live vicarious through all of you for now!! :)

OhMari
06-20-2007, 09:34 PM
We went over Easter-we really had a great time, but I will never go at Peak season again. Absolutely no discounts the week before or after Easter. Luckily I rented points from a DVC owner and paid $150 a nite for the Boardwalk Villa. The Value's were going for $154 during Easter.

i am saving my money for when my last child goes to college. i am calling it my Empty Nest Trip. Sept. 2008

The Cheshire Cat
06-20-2007, 10:49 PM
1. You need to go right out and buy yourself that mickey mouse waffle maker! I swear just making those mouse shaped waffles puts a smile on my face the whole day!

AND

2. Start planning your next trip!

You'll feel better in a jif:rotfl: :hugs:

m 'n c
06-20-2007, 10:52 PM
How is it to go for the Star Wars weekend? My bf mentioned that the other day and I'm not too familar with the festivities nor the crowd levels.

My trick is to start trying to plan "other" vacations and if I can spin it the right way bf begins to realize what a "bargain" disney is and then I'm all set to start planning a return trip. Maybe you can try that philosophy on your dh.

Anna
06-21-2007, 05:49 AM
How is it to go for the Star Wars weekend? My bf mentioned that the other day and I'm not too familar with the festivities nor the crowd levels.

My trick is to start trying to plan "other" vacations and if I can spin it the right way bf begins to realize what a "bargain" disney is and then I'm all set to start planning a return trip. Maybe you can try that philosophy on your dh.

The first SW Weekend wasn't so bad...but the second weekend was very much more crowded. We noticed the parades the first weekend had many more characters than the 2nd weekend for some reason. :confused:

Anna
06-21-2007, 05:51 AM
1. You need to go right out and buy yourself that mickey mouse waffle maker! I swear just making those mouse shaped waffles puts a smile on my face the whole day!

AND

2. Start planning your next trip!

You'll feel better in a jif:rotfl: :hugs:

Yes, we love our Pooh & Tigger waffle maker. It does bring a smile to our face when we use it.

LOL...I am working on our next trip...early next year hopefully....:angel:

linanglab
06-21-2007, 06:26 AM
We leave in...5 days. I do get the return blues. But I am already getting the preblues. I drive my self nuts...I will think "2 weeks from now we will be back home..." How dumb is that????? And my poor DH has to put up with me...

So I will come back and post when we return. I will be a sad, sad girl.

I am glad that you had a good time! It is great memories that has us all wanting to return to Disney!!!

Angela

mseg16222
06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
My favorite part of coming back from DIsney is to start planning the next trip...:)

sammielynn
06-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Got back June 5 and still can't believe it's over! I do get to go to Orlando On July 8 for a Conference and hope to sneek in a little Disney time:) If nothing else I know I will go to DTD because the conference is very close to there.