PDA

View Full Version : How do I select Disney Gift Cards as my reward?

monicaabbeysmom
04-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi! I am a recent member of SR and I have just earned enough to cash in on a disney gift card. I know I could wait to get it later, but my family is so excited to be going that I thought it would be neat to go ahead and cash out. My question is how do I go about doing it. On my current earnings page, it has a paypal button, but nothing for gift cards. How do I swap over to gettting a gift card, and also the gift cards don't expire do they?
thanks so much!!
Monica

jnorth1007
04-17-2008, 06:04 PM
You have to go to the link that says rewards -> gift cards and disney dollars and then scroll down to Disney HTH!

monicaabbeysmom
04-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Hmm.. that's what I thought I was doing, but when I go through and see all of the cards listed the redeem button doesn't work for it... it looks like it has already been clicked if that makes any sense.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Monica

spring
04-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Hmm.. that's what I thought I was doing, but when I go through and see all of the cards listed the redeem button doesn't work for it... it looks like it has already been clicked if that makes any sense.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Monica

I'm not sure, but I think you have to be a member for a certain period of time (perhaps 45 days) prior to your first cashout. Others would know better than me.

jnorth1007
04-17-2008, 06:35 PM
When you go to the news and links page does the total it shows you for you account have enough in it for the GC? I also believe that the FAQs say that you have to be a member for 45 days before you can cash out. Have you been a member that long?

monicaabbeysmom
04-17-2008, 06:45 PM
When you go to the news and links page does the total it shows you for you account have enough in it for the GC?
Yes, it shows that I have enough to get the gift card I was wanting.

I also believe that the FAQs say that you have to be a member for 45 days before you can cash out. Have you been a member that long?
That might be the problem... I joined in early March so I was thinking it had been long enough.. but maybe I am a day or so off. I wonder though, if my 45 days isn't up how come it will let me cash out for paypal? Doesn't it require 45 days too?
Anyway, I will give it a few days and see what happens.
Thanks for your help.
Monica

askomsky
04-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Yes, it shows that I have enough to get the gift card I was wanting.

That might be the problem... I joined in early March so I was thinking it had been long enough.. but maybe I am a day or so off. I wonder though, if my 45 days isn't up how come it will let me cash out for paypal? Doesn't it require 45 days too?
Anyway, I will give it a few days and see what happens.
Thanks for your help.
Monica

Yeah but paypal is only processed on the 15th of the month anyway, so by the time she processes your request paypal your 45 days would be up. My guess is that you will probably have to wait a few more days until the 45 is up before cashing out.