PDA

View Full Version : question about disney cashouts

deana
04-19-2008, 12:32 PM
I joined in January so I have not been around during one of the BIG disney cashouts. I have tried to do a search to find out the cashout amounts, but haven't been really lucky at getting my question answered. I currently have a bit over $250, and our trip is for December. I believe I saw a cashout of 250 mentioned (cannot remember how many credits it was for). Are there larger cashout amounts that I should save for? Our trip is in December, so I do not need to cash out during the next (hopefully soon!!:)) cashout, if it is worth saving for a larger amount. Thanks in advance for your answer! And by the way....thanks SR for this amazing sight! :sunshine2: I never dreamed when I joined that I could earn $250 for our disney trip in just 3 months!!:cooldance:

faithhope
04-19-2008, 12:45 PM
There was a $250 and $500 cashout amount in the last special Disney cashout. The amounts and savings could change for next time...

My trip is in December too, so I'm saving as much as I can for the next special cashout, whenever it is.

Just FYI... Super Members get $25 Disney gift cards for 24 SR credits, and last time there was a special Disney cashout, supermembers got to cashout a day before regular members.

spring
04-19-2008, 12:45 PM
I joined in January so I have not been around during one of the BIG disney cashouts. I have tried to do a search to find out the cashout amounts, but haven't been really lucky at getting my question answered. I currently have a bit over $250, and our trip is for December. I believe I saw a cashout of 250 mentioned (cannot remember how many credits it was for). Are there larger cashout amounts that I should save for? Our trip is in December, so I do not need to cash out during the next (hopefully soon!!:)) cashout, if it is worth saving for a larger amount. Thanks in advance for your answer! And by the way....thanks SR for this amazing sight! :sunshine2: I never dreamed when I joined that I could earn $250 for our disney trip in just 3 months!!:cooldance:

I have been a member since August 2007 and have seen 2 big cashouts. Each one was a little different in the Disney gift cards denominations. The first one had $200 as the largest amount to cash out. The second one had $500 and $250 amounts. Both cashouts offered $25, $50 and $100, and perhaps other amounts, all at reduced rates. Personally, since you are not going until December, I think you might want to hold out for one of the big cashouts. When it will be, I have no idea. The last one was at the end of January. Only Tricia and her staff know when the next one will be, but I bet it will be well in advance of your trip. HTH:sunshine:

askomsky
04-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Ditto what Spring said. I cashed out for the 1st one in Oct I think and the max was $200 for $190. The last one in Jan was higher amounts, that's the thing you never know what Tricia is going to throw our way. If you don't have a trip until December I would say just hold on tight and wait for the next big cashout, you'll get more bang for your "buck/credits" that way.

deana
04-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks Guys! It will be hard for me to NOT cash out whenever the next big cashout is...but I may hold out for the next one...trying to grow my account in case there is a $500 one in the second one of the year...
Again...I cannot believe how AMAZING this is...talking about cashing out for $500...:sunshine2:

MooseBrains
04-19-2008, 06:00 PM
I am going at about $1 a day but I don't leave until Sept. I will have to cash out in Aug but that is 5 months away or $150 dollars! That is a lot of Dole Whips.:cooldance:

kxmeeh
04-26-2008, 02:15 AM
this is the best site I have ever joined. My trip is in 84 days. The last time I cashed out, we made it special by going to the bibbidy boppity boutique. this time, when I asked the girls what they wanted to do with the money, I was told water parks. Right now, I have 155.00. I need another 95.00 and we are hitting the water parks every day. I am not a shopper, do a survey a day, and I love it. Going to disney is a great fantastic vacation, but it is also so wonderful to be able to give them the extras...or should I say for Tricia to be able to give them the extras :angel: After this disney trip, I am saving up for black friday. I quit my job recently, and sunshine is a great way to help me give to my girls...like a good christmas. always try to save up as much as you can. there is no guarantee of a special cashout...that is an extra that the sunshine family gives. when you think that maybe 100 of us cash out at a 10.00 savings, that is alot of money coming out of her pocket. I am just grateful that they find us such great deals...and my girls are too!!!

Belle
04-27-2008, 11:13 PM
I hope another big one comes along real soon for those of us who will be taking a trip this summer.

Please, please, please Sunshine goddesses (and God). :sunshine:

luvdisney00
04-28-2008, 10:03 AM
My trip isn't until Sept. so I can wait, but I'm dying to know when the next Disney cashout will be. I have $329.00 right now, but it's growing by the day. I get so excited thinking of ways to spend the $$. SR is amazing!!

arob414
04-28-2008, 11:03 AM
I am going at about $1 a day but I don't leave until Sept. I will have to cash out in Aug but that is 5 months away or $150 dollars! That is a lot of Dole Whips.:cooldance:

Got get a Dole Whip, NEXT month. Never tried them in the 16 trips I have been, but you guys have totally convinced me. :sunshine:

wilsonfamily4
04-28-2008, 11:35 AM
I got a dole whip last trip after hearing about them But we did not like it. I wish I had gotten a YUMMY churro or micky icecream bar instead!

So don't build it up too big! :)

arob414
04-28-2008, 12:01 PM
I got a dole whip last trip after hearing about them But we did not like it. I wish I had gotten a YUMMY churro or micky icecream bar instead!

Love churros. Always wanted a turkey leg, they look so good. My girls love mickey icecream bars, but DD10 is a very slow eater which makes it a very messy snack. Of course, she can make a slice of bread messy.

mkaccountant
05-01-2008, 12:03 AM
I really need to get in on obtaining disney cards!!! Any suggestions what to do?

deana
05-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Welcome! I joined in late January and have earned almost $300 for our December trip. First....try to do surveys everyday...one is a daily survey from Greenfield...the other is OTX, sometimes called my thought counts. Both are on the main SR page in a drop down menu labeled surveys. Next... do some of the offers - again, a drop down menu. Search the forum here for tips on how to fill these out, as well as recomendations for ones that are currently crediting. And then, there is SHOPPING! Spend some time reviewing the merchants, what they offer and what coupons are available. I have saved a lot of money on things that I would have bought anyway in a local store....plus got Sunshinne credit and saved on gas! Good Luck!

mkaccountant
05-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the info! I really need to save for our trip in September. I am going to go do the survey now.

MooseBrains
05-01-2008, 12:55 PM
I try to tell everyone to do the daily and OTX. If you just did those you would have $50 a month saved for Disney. I also look for high pay out offers, like the GM credit card offer. I did the offer, will make one purchase and then put it away with all the other cards.

My new thing for this month is to let others know about SR. I have had 8 people join in 3 days. Only 1 has gotten over the $5 mark but I do send PM's letting others know about a good pay out.

Wishing you good luck, read the forums and let me know if you need any help.

MKelley226
05-01-2008, 04:18 PM

Yeah....I got one in '06 and did not like it either. I could not figure out what was so special about them. Anywho....I did cash out for a $500 GC for $470 during the last cashout....that little card is in a safe spot for next year :)

3dog2kidmom
05-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I hope another big one comes along real soon for those of us who will be taking a trip this summer.

Please, please, please Sunshine goddesses (and God). :sunshine:

I hope there is another big one about 4 weeks before the final payment on the Sunshine Cruise is due!!

Belle
05-15-2008, 01:28 PM
I don't know when the payment for the cruise is due, but it looks like there won't be one in time for our trip in June. With my luck lately I will cash out and then a special will be announced the very next day. Maybe we could offer some chocolate or wine to the goddesses and perhaps we could get a hint if one will be coming in the near future. ;)

:sunshine:

kimntrent
05-15-2008, 04:58 PM
I think if we want a special cash out we need to do a little more online shopping. I guess that means instead of everyone heading to target head to drugstore for those same things.

OhMari
05-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I agree, start shopping. I have a feeling merchants are going to stop the free shipping soon. Now is a great time to shop for next year's school clothes. I was always a turn-around shopper. I knew my kids would grow, so I always bought larger sizes. My kids still yell at me, telling me I bought clothes were that to big, but the did eventually grow into the clothes. Kohl's is a great place to shop, and you get the clearance prices too. I often see clothes on clearance and if I am in the store, I see the same things. You can take back returns to the store and refund/exchange it if it really doesn't fit.

TtownAnne
05-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I could use one more cashout. My friend is going on a trip and has agreed to send souvenirs back for my daughter. :)