PDA

View Full Version : ah, surveys...you are making our trip better...

mollyeilis
04-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks to getting the surveys back, and lots of luck in taking them (and being fortunate enough to be able to try off and on all day if needed), I was just about to cash out for even more!

Our trip to San Diego and Disneyland is one month away (catching flight in the evening May 22), so I feel that I'm cutting it close (given the 2-4 week allowance), but I'll be OK if they come while we're gone, b/c it just gives us more for the future.

Either way, the surveys have really made a difference in my earnings, and I'm glad they came back. :sunshine2:

Blessing and Miracle
04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I so know what you need! My account is growing also with those three surveys a day. At least when I can get them!

Congratulations on your earnings.:sunshine:

mollyeilis
04-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks! :)

Mom2aPrincess
04-22-2008, 02:55 PM
I've had much better luck with surveys now too and my balance is really growing quickly. I'm really happy about it too!

Hedy
04-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Any fun plans for the money? :angel::angel:

mollyeilis
04-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Nothing as fun as we used SR cards for in September, which involved upgrading our hoppers to APs! That was just beyond thrilling. :)

I haven't saved up as much as some people have, but then, our Disneyland trips don't cost us all that much money (Anaheim HoJo at super-great Entertainment Book (bought through SR) rate is most excellent and very inexpensive), so it's a lot to us!

But I already cashed out for 120 for this trip, and if this cashout makes it to us in time for this trip, it's another $50! When I cashed out for 95 (gift cards and Disney dollars) a couple months ago I didn't know the surveys would be so good to me, and I thought "well that's it". Then I got another 25 card (right before I lost SM status, of course). And now this?????!!!!!! It's amazing.

So this money might go towards our blockout pass for the night before DS's birthday, b/c his b'day is on Memorial Day this year, and the Sunday before that day is blocked out for our APs. We've never seen Fantasmic, and DH and DS have never seen the Electrical Parade, and Sunday is the only night during our stay that they are scheduled.

It might go towards his Princess breakfast at Ariel's (his request! and it beats standing in the PFF line again, though I have a feeling he'll do that, too, he just loves princesses and the attention he gets) for his b'day. Or towards general food. Not sure!

We're moving at the same time, and trying to do that on the cheap (moving across the street, augh), so money spent there makes SR giftcards more valuable. :sunshine:

Long way of saying "I don't really know what they'll be used for yet!"

Chris
04-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Congrats on your surveys!!!
I have been doing well on the surveys too!:cooldance:

kimntrent
04-22-2008, 04:33 PM
I am going to Disneyland Memorial Day weekend too. I plan on cashing out the 1st part of may. Heads up on the Ho Jo. We have stayed there 3 times in the past month and gotten none of our points. I inquire about them they are on my check out slip and nada. So watch them. They are saying they can't find our reservations. One was even booked through hotels.com through here.

spring
04-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Molly, congrats on earning so much extra for your trip! I hope you have a wonderful time. Overall, I agree that surveys are better than they've been for a while. :sunshine:

mollyeilis
04-22-2008, 10:16 PM
I am going to Disneyland Memorial Day weekend too. I plan on cashing out the 1st part of may. Heads up on the Ho Jo. We have stayed there 3 times in the past month and gotten none of our points. I inquire about them they are on my check out slip and nada. So watch them. They are saying they can't find our reservations. One was even booked through hotels.com through here.

Cool!

Oh is there a way to book for SR points? Wow that's cool. I just do it with the entertainment book discount (SD50) to get that faboo $59/day rate (when it's available) and get the frequent stay program (those stays are somehow hooked up to my Amtrak frequent traveler program, which I don't remember doing), but I haven't thought to go through SR! :p

Just saw on another thread, and checked on SR, that the bigger denominations are now up. Silly me. :p Tricia if you're reading, feel free to toss me a $50 or 2 $25s, it doesn't matter to me. :)

bellanlivismom
04-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Whoo hoo!! Glad that you managed some extra cash!

llgray16
04-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Good for you! The surveys really have been helping me build up my SR balance again as well. I'm well above my goal for April already.

I hope you have a wonderful time spending that SR money :sunshine:

mollyeilis
04-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks, all!

My cashout seems so paltry compared to some of yours, but I'm sure once we really start the WDW planning I'll stop cashing out for smaller amounts. :)