PDA

View Full Version : Free internet for DVC owners.

OhMari
04-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I just saw that WDW is giving DVC owners free internet. If you are renting form a DVC owner, you will still have to pay.

The last thing I want to do is go on the internet when I am at WDW, but I did need it when we didn't have directions to the airport in Tampa. Luckily my dh brought his laptop and he used his phone so we could look at mapquest.

I am not suggesting that anyone break the rules, but it is pretty easy to pick up wireless when you travel. Most people don't know how to block their routers for just their computers.

Oh, and I am not a DVC owner, I'm just a renter.

ligrumpygirl
04-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Just back...no free Internet yet!

kimbih
04-26-2008, 11:17 AM
If you are a member and ask at the front desk, there have been reports that they will take the charge off.

ligrumpygirl
04-26-2008, 11:21 AM
I brought my laptop and never took it out. I would have asked first if it was free. Hope it is by July!

disney_girl
04-26-2008, 11:29 AM
DVC Member site says it starts effective May 4th. DH has to take his laptop, so that will be nice to not have to pay extra!

We'll be at SSR May 7-10 so I'll report back and let you know!

~Kathie
04-26-2008, 11:34 AM
If you are a member and ask at the front desk, there have been reports that they will take the charge off.

We just came back from OKW. They 'heard' it was going to happen, but they have not received any kind of memo yet so we had to pay for it.

hmdelf
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm bringing my laptop JIC. You never know when you might need it. Good to know I won't have to pay.:thanks:

hmdelf
07-16-2008, 01:57 PM
forgot to say.
I have young children, so when they go to bed, sometimes it gets boring being stuck in the room and being quite. that's why I kike this idea.

ligrumpygirl
07-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I was charged for two days (even though I used it more)...called down to the desk and they took it off no problem. It is a nice perk!

disney_girl
07-16-2008, 02:49 PM
I was charged for two days (even though I used it more)...called down to the desk and they took it off no problem. It is a nice perk!

Good to know that they took care of you!! So are you already missing "home"? We'll be there mid October!:banana:

pbhall13
07-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Ladies

Do you know that if you are a guest of a DVC owner do you get the wifi free as well? They won't be staying with us, so I am not sure....just wanted to check before the oct trip

thanks, Pamela

ligrumpygirl
07-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Ladies

Do you know that if you are a guest of a DVC owner do you get the wifi free as well? They won't be staying with us, so I am not sure....just wanted to check before the oct trip

thanks, Pamela

I believe that answer to that is no. I will look around the DVC site to confirm.

pbhall13
07-24-2008, 12:44 PM
I believe that answer to that is no. I will look around the DVC site to confirm.

Thanks Janet........if you hear anything different let me know!

Pamela

ligrumpygirl
07-24-2008, 01:35 PM
from www.wdwinfo.com :

DVC MEMBERS TO HAVE COMPLIMENTARY INTERNET ACCESS

Starting May 4, 2008, Disney Vacation Club members who are staying at a DVC resort will no longer be charged for wired internet access during their stay.

Guests who rent Disney Vacation Club accommodations will be charged the daily rate for access, and high-speed Internet access charges will apply to Members who stay at non-DVC Resorts.

m4travels
07-24-2008, 02:34 PM
As I find out with all things Disney (which I do love!!!) things are not always as they seem they should be.

There are reports that people renting a vacation from a DVC member have been able to get free internet service. There have also been reports that DVC members have been charged the $9.95/day fee, BUT that's an easy fix as you only need to show your DVC member card to get that waived.

A renter would have a much more difficult time asking that it be waived if they, in fact, tried that route.