PDA

View Full Version : Prepaid Credit Cards--Please Read

SunshineGirl
06-12-2007, 04:41 PM
It has been requested by several of our advertisers that we no longer discuss the use of prepaid credit cards or encourage their use. Because so many people are using these cards to fraudulently sign up for offers, advertisers are starting to reject the leads. This includes not allowing you to sign up to begin with, not giving us credits if you do sign up, and revoking credits when they have already been given.

I know that even I have encouraged them in the past when it seemed like many of us were the victims of credit card fraud from signing up for offers or shopping online. The bad guys win out on this one because they have not only figured out how to get our legitimate card information when we use it but also how to take away our chance for using the prepaid cards legitimately.

Please be aware that you may not receive credit for offers when you sign up using a prepaid card. The advertisers consider this a form of fraud and have the right to deny credits. Hopefully some day when this current wave of incentive site fraud has passed, we will be able to return to using the cards for legitimate purposes.

Candi
06-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Tricia, does this apply to one time use numbers that your credit card company issues? I personally have been a victim of identity theft so I am more cautious than most. I usually will get a one time use number from discover for things I buy online.
________
vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

SunshineGirl
06-12-2007, 04:56 PM
It would probably depend what you are using it for. If you are using it for regular shopping where you just pay X amount for X product, then I don't think so. But if you are using it for something that would have a recurring charge (like a membership to something), then they would assume that you are using it to make sure that they cannot bill you anymore for the service after the initial cost. Which is part of what they pay incentive sites for. They bank on X% of people forgetting to cancel. If no one ever forgets to cancel because they can't be billed again anyway, the company has no reason to put the offer on incentive sites anymore. It's an ugly way of looking at it, but it is the reason that companies are willing to pay you $15 to sign up for something that you only pay $4 for. They play the odds.

Candi
06-12-2007, 05:13 PM
That makes since. I was mostly wondering about for shopping. Thanks.
________
buy silversurfer vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)

spring
08-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the advice!