PDA

View Full Version : so so so sad..........

LauraLea
04-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Those of us in the Indy area have been following this story all week:

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8227039

There was a bank robbery earlier this week. A teller 5 months pregnant with twins was shot in the stomach. Most of the reports early in the week said although the mother was in critical condition the twins were ok. Just so sad now to hear the twins died.

This poor woman did everything the robbers asked, and still was shot. The suspect is still at large.........

Laura

SunshineGirl
04-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I just saw this on the news tonight. It's just heartbreaking.

Iteach
04-25-2008, 10:16 PM
How very tragic!

chipndale
04-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh that is very sad. Hoping they catch the person real soon - even though it won't change anything for the mother.

lmroyea
04-25-2008, 10:42 PM
I heard about this and was very sad. Scared too, because I work at a Credit Union and we were robbed in November. (I wasn't there at the time, but it was a very violent and scary situation for those involved) We are still all very cautious because the robbers haven't been caught and unlike most, who won't hit the same place twice, they have been known to. Unfortunately, robberies are very common (we get reports of at least 1 or 2 every week) but in most of them no one is hurt. This was truly a tragedy.:cry:

lanny76
04-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh, that makes me want to cry. That poor woman, and her family, my heart goes out to them all. I was so hoping they would all make it, and it seemed like it might happen. I'm so sorry to hear both babies are gone. Just awful to think that robber would shoot a pregnant woman in the stomach.

askomsky
04-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh my how devasting! I hope they catch the guy!

missangie
04-25-2008, 10:55 PM
My husband and I discussed this at dinner tonight. I have been praying for these babies and their mother all week. This is just so sad. What makes it even worse is that Indiana does not consider a fetus viable until 7 mos. So there can't even be a charge of murder or manslaughter against the perp when he is finally caught. He can be charged with feticide which is a Class C Felony. I just hope they bring him to justice no matter what the charges.

lanny76
04-25-2008, 11:06 PM
My husband and I discussed this at dinner tonight. I have been praying for these babies and their mother all week. This is just so sad. What makes it even worse is that Indiana does not consider a fetus viable until 7 mos. So there can't even be a charge of murder or manslaughter against the perp when he is finally caught. He can be charged with feticide which is a Class C Felony. I just hope they bring him to justice no matter what the charges.

Seems to me it SHOULD be murder!! Those babies were alive, healthy, and by all accounts would likely have gone on to be 'viable'. Now they are dead by this person's actions. That is murder to me.

Anna
04-26-2008, 02:47 AM
That is so sad. I certainly will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers. :(

nolacindy
04-26-2008, 06:47 AM
This is such a tragedy, hopefully she will be alright and they will catch the person who did this.

I just wonder what goes through someones head when they do something like this..:(

PSL1013
04-26-2008, 08:14 AM
This is just terrible and I hope they find this creep and throw him in prison for life. Here in CT. we seem to be having a rash of home invasions and it is so scary. I'm afraid to leave the windows open even during the day now, it's awful to have to live like this. I think we should spend our taxes on building new prisons so that all these slim bags can be thrown in there, never to see freedom again. Our governor is changing laws here because of our tragedy with Dr. Petit and his family (I think that made national news?) but why does something this violent have to happen to innocent people before they change things? :confused:

sunshinecindy
04-26-2008, 08:28 AM
You know its one thing to rob a bank, or anyone for that matter. Taking something that doesn't belong to you cause you're too much of a schlep to get out there and work like the rest of us, but to shoot someone, especially a pregnant women, makes it even worse, cause now you are a murderer, a selfish, no good for nothing poor excuse of a human being who should not be allowed to live once you've been caught. That poor lady and her family. I can't imagine the sadness and anger and frustration her family must be feeling.

PartiesByCatharine
04-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Wow, this story brings tears to my eyes. How sad!

Wendi63
04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
That story is sad beyond words. Praying for the family of these babies.

lmroyea
05-01-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm still feeling very sorry for this woman, but I have some good news...they caught the robbers that robbed my Credit Union! For anyone in my area in Wisconsin, they were known as the Bad Weather Bandits, and also hit several banks and credit unions more than once (which is fairly uncommon). FBI was actually working on this case, and staking out houses, we also noticed police cars doing rounds in our parking lot the last few weeks. We were thankful they were watching out for us, but scared that they thought they might get us again. We've all been on edge lately, and finally last night we heard on the news that they caught them! Although I wasn't there when the robbery happened, so I don't have such a personal connection, I know the ladies I work with that were involved will certainly sleep better tonight! I just had to share because tragedys happen everyday, and so many bad people get away with what they do. They don't even know how it affects their victims, it's obvious in a situation like a mother losing her unborn twins, but even the physically unharmed are harmed on the inside. My coworkers have been unable to sleep, attempting to go to therapy, and sometimes even sick (to the point of throwing up) when they recall that day. Sorry if this is TMI but I just have to vent a little bit because I'm both thrilled that they were caught, but disgusted that people still do this. Someone else said it before, that they're too lazy to actually WORK for their $ like everyone else, that's why I'm so happy when they do find these robbers and they get punished, all too many get away and continue to do this and think it's OK because they weren't caught. OK sorry again for the length of the post (I should probably just start a blog!) Thanks for listening.

LauraLea
05-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I listened Lisa. I am so sorry if my post about this incident in Indy caused you any extra concern and stress. I saw your post on the newcast website......

I am so glad that they caught the suspects in your robbery. I will certainly keep you informed in how the investigation and arrests go here. So far, no leads.........

Laura