PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy???

aknight373
04-29-2008, 09:06 PM
So I just started my new job, and in the middle of june the doctor is taking a week off.....

so he only really needs one or two of there, so I was asked if i wanted to take some time off... and I was thinking sure I dont mind!!!

Then i just though heck what a great time for disney... but am i crazy for going to disney in June ?????????

nurseminnie76
04-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Well .... I have never been to Disney in June so I'm probably not the best person to answer your question. But, I would never turn down a chance to go to Disney no matter what time of the year it is. You already know that June is one of the more crowded times of the year, so just go with the expectation that you probably won't be able to fit as much into the trip as you would during another time period. Plan on doing only your favorites and just enjoy the fact that you are at Disney while the rest of us are wishing we were there. :rotfl: Crowds or not, you can still have an enjoyable trip.

I say GO FOR IT! :sunshine:

3dog2kidmom
04-29-2008, 11:36 PM
DD and I went last June (towards the end of the month), and while I expected it to be unbearably hot and crazy crowded, it was just hot and crowded. Not really bad at all. I say go for it!!!

savannahbetsy
04-30-2008, 02:36 PM
i say go and have a great time! :)

aknight373
04-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks i am thinking hard about it, about 2 years ago my dh and i went to seaworld and universal and it wasnt that bad

Mom2aPrincess
04-30-2008, 11:17 PM
I've not gone in June, but I've been in July and will be going this year in August and I say GO FOR IT. I guess some of it depends on where you are from, but I didn't find the temperatures to be much different from home so while yes, it was hot, it was not unbearable.

And as far as crowds go, yes - summer is crowded, but if you really want to maximize how much you get to do and avoid the crowds, you could check out TourGuideMike. I use this service for every trip, and it's amazing. I find that my experience with Disney are much more positive than those of others I know or even the people in the food courts or on the Disney busses as far as crowds/lines go.

Ellen aka Snow White
05-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Since our girls are older and it's harder to take them out of school - of course this year one is in college, we have been going in June. We usually go the first or second week just because of scheduling my time off - it has never really been bad. I agree with the other poster that said it depends on where you are from as it can get very humid in June - we always schedule in some pool time and/or water park to help beat off the heat. I'd say go for it!:cooldance:

Debbie Jean
05-05-2008, 02:35 PM
The weather in June can be tricky. We've gone and found it can be just dandy or it can be hot and crowded. So I think a lot depends on what kind of trip you envision. If you are a "hit the parks at down and commando till midnight" person, you might find it tough if you aren't flexible. On the other hand, if you are content to take it on the easy side and enjoy the air conditioning where available, take it slower and head for the pool if necessary, it can actually be a wonderful time to go.

We are headed out to WDW in about 10 days and are anticipating nice weather for doing the parks. But we've been in August several times and are going again this year for FD... and that is definitely hot, hot, hot! That visit will be different from the one ion May.... lots of inside rides without lines, cool restaurants and pool time!