PDA

View Full Version : Survey time?

Lisaj68
06-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi! I was wondering if there was anyway the TIME of our last completed survey could be posted somewhere when we log on? I knew I did a survey around 3 something yesterday, but couldn't remember exactly, so I just waited until 4 today.....

Just wondering!

Lisa

SunshineGirl
06-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately, even we don't have that information. We don't even get it when we get the credits (unlike with some of the offers). I'm sorry. :(

plantlady
06-13-2007, 06:21 PM
But they definately keep track somewhere right?

is the 24 hour thing strictly inforced?

I too have trouble remembering what time I did the surveys. I should write it down, I know.

SunshineGirl
06-13-2007, 06:33 PM
It's not really a matter of "enforcement" per se. My best guess is that they either 1) put a cookie on your computer when you complete an offer that will not expire for 24 hours, or 2) tag your IP address for 24 hours when you complete an offer. I would lean toward the cookie because we don't seem to have problems with people on AOL getting survey credits (which we would if it was an IP thing). So if it is the cookie way, the survey site just automatically looks for the "completed survey" cookie on your computer when you click on the link. If it is there, it won't give you credit for another one. If it is NOT there because 24 hours have passed and it expired, it lets you get credit again.

So it's completely technical. No pencil pushers checking to make sure that you don't try to cheat the 24 hours. :)

plantlady
06-13-2007, 06:46 PM
I have another quick question, since you're here, answering. :)

If I do a survey, and it hasn't been 24 hours, due to my own error, not trying to cheat them.... Will I get the same "YOu did it" message at the end, or would there be some sort of indication that I did it too soon?

would the only indication be that I don't get credit?

Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions!

chocovrdmicears
06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
If I do a survey, and it hasn't been 24 hours, due to my own error, not trying to cheat them.... Will I get the same "YOu did it" message at the end, or would there be some sort of indication that I did it too soon?

would the only indication be that I don't get credit?

I was going to ask the same question! Some days I cannot remember if I completed a survey much less remember what time I did the day before. :rolleyes:

jnorth1007
06-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Officially if you try to do another survey within the 24 hours your screen will read you have exceed the limit for the day when you hit submit after putting you info in on the SR survey screen. If it lets you in than most likely you have not completed one within the last 24 hours.

plantlady
06-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Officially if you try to do another survey within the 24 hours your screen will read you have exceed the limit for the day when you hit submit after putting you info in on the SR survey screen. If it lets you in than most likely you have not completed one within the last 24 hours.

well, that's good to know.

I will stop trying to memorize the exact time of my surveys then! I give way to much thought to how it works, as I'm rejected time and time again. :computer:

faithhope
06-13-2007, 07:01 PM
If it is doing this by a cookie method... then if you clear cookies often, it may not give you the message about already completing a survey.

I write it in my day planner... but you could keep a piece of paper by the computer just for writing down dates and times...

Faith

SunshineGirl
06-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I'll defer to Janet because she is becoming a Survey Queen!

plantlady
06-13-2007, 07:35 PM
If it is doing this by a cookie method... then if you clear cookies often, it may not give you the message about already completing a survey.

I write it in my day planner... but you could keep a piece of paper by the computer just for writing down dates and times...

Faith

I don't clear my cookies that often. My laptop broke, so I've been using my DH's laptop, and I think me clearing cookies every day would drive him crazy.

I usually have a rough idea of when I did the surveys, I always just wondered if I messed up, would it tell me.

jnorth1007
06-13-2007, 07:36 PM
It is true that clearing your cookies could throw off this message showing up. In this case you may be able to complete a new survey or not, you may get credit for the second and the first or not, if you do get through and do another one then your problem will be the one I have today where it won't let me take one all day long, even after clearing cookies. It still says I exceeded my limit. I cleared cookies mid-day yesterday for the first time and I accidently took two surveys thinking the first didnt work because it allowed me to take another. So now I haven't been able to take one today. I hope it doesnt throw off my timing for taking them tomorrow LOL cause I like to take them first thing in the morning. So now I will only be clearing cookies first thing in the morning again. It always worked before but I got antsy yesterday. Shows me!