PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite Disney Podcasts...

Hedy
05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
As the DISUnplugged is on sabbatical, I've been listening to WDWToday, and the Be Our Guest podcast.

faithhope
05-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I love netcot !
short and a little sassy
I really like his top 7 lists

Magical JenK
05-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm podcast dumb....I've never listened to one...ever...

fourfoxesinpa
05-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Hedy - thanks for the other podcasts. Silly me - I just never stopped to think that there would be more than 1 about Disney.

I love listening to them when I'm pulling weeds in the yard or putzin' around the house.

Weluvdisny
05-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Podcast newbie here. If I wanted to add some to my ipod, what ones do you recommend? Is netcot a website that has podcasts?

m 'n c
05-08-2008, 09:18 AM
I listen to WDW Radio from disneyworldtrivia.com I really like Lou and find him very interesting. I listen while I work out :)

Jen - they are free to download on iTunes and they have non-disney ones as well.

faithhope
05-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I like the WDW Radio podcast too...It is long, so it is good for exercising, or working in the garden.

You don't have to have a pod to listen... just go into itunes and search on the word and you should find it free in the itunes store, so you can subscribe. You can either listen on your computer or a pod (or other mp3 player)

Hedy
05-08-2008, 10:59 AM
I like the WDW Radio podcast too...It is long, so it is good for exercising, or working in the garden.

You don't have to have a pod to listen... just go into itunes and search on the word and you should find it free in the itunes store, so you can subscribe. You can either listen on your computer or a pod (or other mp3 player)

You can also download them and burn them on a CD.

Magical JenK
05-11-2008, 01:35 AM
I listen to WDW Radio from disneyworldtrivia.com I really like Lou and find him very interesting. I listen while I work out :)

Jen - they are free to download on iTunes and they have non-disney ones as well.

I just bought my iPod nano tonight (a pretty teal one!)...I am just dumping everything from the Shuffle onto it now & looking for the podcasts! I'm excited to get some on here! I'm going to start w/iTunes & then go from there!! Thanks for starting this thread!

Magical JenK
05-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Cate-LOVING WDW Radio podcasts w/Lou. I have his two trivia books & have been listening to a couple of the podcasts to & from work! I keep downloading more & more weeks! Can't wait to listen to the other podcasts too.

Anyone else have any faves??

lmroyea
05-15-2008, 12:17 AM
I've never listened to a podcast before either. I'll have to check this out. Are they compatible with old ipods like the original I have?

Hedy
05-15-2008, 08:23 AM
I've never listened to a podcast before either. I'll have to check this out. Are they compatible with old ipods like the original I have?

Yepp-they're just a sound file.

m 'n c
05-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Glad you like them Jen. I find myself going back and downloading his old ones from last winter/fall to hear what he is talking about. What I like is his special guests. Some are quite entertaining to listen too. I have it set to automatically download the newest one each Sunday when they come out so I don't forget.

I haven't tried any others but I think I'll do some looking this weekend.

m 'n c
05-15-2008, 09:13 AM

yeah you just download them like a song and then move them over to your ipod. Its the same file type and such so no worries.

Magical JenK
07-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Ok, I need podcast help. In the last month, I've enjoyed many a podcast. I have found my favorites, some short, some long, some not my favorites, etc. I've subscribed to some, unsubscribed to others...ok, you get the idea....

Here's my question...how do you get them OFF your iPod?? Do you have to listen to them, not just fast forward through them? Is there anyway to just delete them?? I'm having some issues w/podcasts that I've watched (video podcasts) or fast forwarded through (both videos & audio) & they're just not dumping off my ipod!

Since DH & I have only have the one laptop, when I dump the podcasts it looks like it's taking up space on his iPod, but they podcasts don't actually go on his iPod...does that make sense? The video podcasts, however, ARE on his iPod...even though I said do not Sync any podcasts for his iPod.

I'm confused & would appreciate any help as I'm running out of space already!! :0)

m 'n c
07-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Just plug your ipod into itunes and click on your ipod's library (not the itunes library) then click on the podcasts you are "finished with" and delete them from your ipod file list. You can also delete them from iTunes if you don't want to listen to them any more.

Magical JenK
07-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Just plug your ipod into itunes and click on your ipod's library (not the itunes library) then click on the podcasts you are "finished with" and delete them from your ipod file list. You can also delete them from iTunes if you don't want to listen to them any more.

What is the iPod's library? :blush: Sorry, still learning...

I can't see all the podcasts that are still in my iPod except ON my iPod...when I click on Podcasts in my itunes (& maybe this is what you're talking about), I can just see the most recent of those that I subscribe to...not multiples...does that make sense??

m 'n c
07-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Hmm I might have to do screen shots at home since I don't have my iPod on me. Normally when you plug your iPod into the computer it will show up in the left bar of iTunes. From there you have your "libraries" or play lists and you can delete from in there.

Magical JenK
07-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...but that's where I only see the most recently downloaded podcasts...the others (older) are not there??? At least not where I can see it...

My stuff is at home too, so tonight I'll post what I see. Thanks Catherine!

faithhope
07-01-2008, 11:58 AM
When I'm done with a podcast. I just delete it from itunes.. no point in it staying on my computer hard drive if I'm not going to listen to it again.

You can delete the main show heading if it is a series of podcasts you are no longer interested in listening to at all...

Magical JenK
07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
You can delete the main show heading if it is a series of podcasts you are no longer interested in listening to at all...

I think this is all I see..the main show heading...where do I see the individual podcasts to delete??

faithhope
07-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Next to the main heading there should be a little triangle I think on the left side of the show name...(not the one on the far right...that takes you to the itunes store)
If you click on the triangle, it should then show you all the individual shows.

Magical JenK
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Next to the main heading there should be a little triangle I think on the left side of the show name...(not the one on the far right...that takes you to the itunes store)
If you click on the triangle, it should then show you all the individual shows.

:confused::confused: So I delete them in the iTunes store to take them off my iPod??? Sorry, like I said, I'm still learning, I just want those that I don't want to listen to off my iPod because they're eating up room on my iPod.

Thanks

bs4free
07-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I just Love Inside the Magic one of the best podcasts with a video podcast include most weeks lots of fun runs between 1hr and 1.5hrs each week and release on Sunday usually late after noon or evening!