PDA

View Full Version : More Fraud Information

SunshineGirl
06-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Some of you may have read this morning about one of the main advertising companies (a CPA network) making a decision to temporarily stop allowing rewards on any of their offers. In addition to all of the offers that SR was running through that company, we had to stop other offers today because the companies that we were getting them from were getting them through that company.

It's kind of sent a chill through the incentive site owners today, wondering what is coming next. On the heels of that, I just discovered that all of the credits that I was given for 1 on 1 Psychic last month have now been revoked, and the Search for Jesus credits are now pending review. This is actually from a different CPA network than the one that started incentivizing. Add to all of that the stern words we got from a third CPA network last week about prepaid credit card use.

Everyone has got to start being really careful about fraud. Remember that fraud to an advertiser can include:
Doing the same offer more than once at one reward program
Doing the same offer more than once at different rewards programs
Doing an offer and then cancelling as soon as you get credit
Using a prepaid credit card to avoid having to pay for a membership if you forget to cancel
Doing a trial offer more than once in the same household
Using any fake information so that the place that you sign up with cannot contact you

Know that I am constantly keeping my ear to the ground. I'll be totally honest with you about all of our offers and our advertisers. The last thing that any of us want is for incentives to go away completely. The good news is that there are still a lot of advertisers allowing incentives. We just have to hope that the things that have been ruining it all so far stop soon so that they do not change their minds.

plantlady
06-14-2007, 05:01 PM
We have been told in the past, that if we do a small, free offer, and it doesn't credit, that we are allowed to try it again. Is this considered fraud?

I personally decided to cut out the other rewards programs I was doing, and just stick with one. This though, was partly due to laziness on my part. I don't want to keep track of what offer I do where, and not repeat them. I know if I just do one, then, it will tell me if I've already done it.

jnorth1007
06-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I personally only do this one. I do particpate in the one that sends out paid emails and I click on those when I get them but I only have about 10.00 there because I don't do anything else. :rotfl: I keep very good track of all of my offers. I wouldn't ever try to get around the system. I am so glad that I have this opportunity to earn money I don't want to mess it up. I have become very choosy about which offers that are paid that I do. I agree that you can earn more money quicker doing paid offers but it is also a lot more risk. I only do them if it is something I can truly use. I do alot of online shopping through SR. That is how I make alot of my money. I have learned to plan well in advance for gifts and by doing this I can get rewards for just about everything I need to buy. Now if only there were a grocery store online with rewards I would never have to shop in store again. :rotfl: You guys take this seriously. Let's all do our best to keep things on the up and up. This includes reporting situations where we see people talking about getting around the system. If you see this on other boards, the advertisers can too and these offers and others can get pulled.

plantlady
06-14-2007, 05:33 PM
absolutely.

I don't want to risk losing this, I wouldn't dream of trying to cheat the system.

I make most of my money on free offers. I have only done two paid offers the entire time, and one was something I was so very excited to get (Disney books, to give to the kids on vacation).

I do a bit of shopping through SR, I'm getting better with that. I just figured out I could book hotels through SR, that was so very exciting to me! That's the majority of my shopping.

I'm going off on a tanget.. but, I love SR, and would never do anything that might be considered fraud intentually.

jnorth1007
06-14-2007, 05:43 PM
BTW, it is my understanding that we can retry offers that we have not received credit for. I know this applies to the free offers. I don't know about paid ones. I would assume once you try a paid, or free trial offer (like Napster) and do or dont get credit that you are done with that one. The free offers that are "surveys or free stuff" offers can be redone until you receive credit for them. HTH!

SunshineGirl
06-14-2007, 08:11 PM
I just got an email from a 4th advertiser saying that they are no longer accepting incentive sites into their program and that all sites that are currently running incentive offers are going to have their accounts terminated within 72 hours. :(

And a 5th and 6th advertiser have now sent out emails saying that we have to pull about 25 more offers combined from our site in the next few days because none of them are allowed to be incentivized anymore.

I also heard back about Search for Jesus--there is a CHANCE we still may get credit for those. As for the 1 on 1 Psychics, they said that every single person that signed up from my site cancelled the service quickly, so they denied every single payment.

Ya know that song "Bad Day"? I think there is a reason that I have heard it twice now today.

jnorth1007
06-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Well I have proof from Search For Jesus that I kept that account for 6 days. I only cancelled because the very first article they sent me was a article saying that the bible is a historical account and not an acutal God inspired writing. I felt this site was not going to provide me with information that meshed with my spiritual beliefs as a Christian. I truly would have kept it if the article had been more unbiased and shown both sides of the coin. I am always looking for good spiritual material to read. It aggravates me that they offer a 7 day trial and yet get angry and want to revoke credits because people dont like the trial they experienced. Why offer a trial if you reallly just want everyone to keep the membership. If that is the case make it an incentive with year membership. Sheesh. Now Im fuming because I truly give every trial a good chance. I keep all of the book clubs and I kept Blockbuster online even though I didn't receive credit. If they want us to stick around longer maybe they should offer better products. I couldnt even get the Napster software to work and noone there new how to correct it. All they could say was, "well the best thing we can suggest is for you to cancel it." The same thing with Pricestore. When I called and told them that I was looking for prices on a GPS for a boat, they said, "Well we dont have that right now but if you pay the $30 for the year we may get it eventually" Well :computer: crap!!!!! Sorry to rant, but its making me angry that of all the sites this is the most honest and yet they are coming down on you. Sorry you have had such a bad day Tricia. Let us know if there is something we can do. Letter? Petition? Sit in? Bra burning? (as long as it isnt the new one I bought from Miriale) :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
06-14-2007, 09:52 PM
What's really making my head hurt right now is that on top of all of this, people are cashing out like CRAZY! I think it is a combination of legitimate users worrying that this may mean that they won't get their money and fraudulent users trying to cash out before they get caught. So I am going to have to hold all cashouts right now until everything gets straightened out. We are now getting credits for Edmunds.com revoked. ARGH!

Just to give you an idea of how big this is, here are just two of the lists of offers impacted by the fraud:

4 Seasons
Int'l Wine Cellars
InboxDollars
The Ultimate Financial Offer
NPD - Speak your mind survey
Gamefly
Psychic Spell
Acculotto
2-Day Slim Down
PermaSlim
eAuctionTutor
Robert Allen
Video Professor Canada
People PC
The ScrapBook Club
True.com
Quick Books - Simple Business Kit
Zoeta
Auction Plus
Bruce Berman
Gmoney
Essential Living Weight Loss
Body Fit Pro
- Classic Wine Selections
- People PC
- 20 Minute Facelift
- Four Seasons Wine
- Bidz.com
- eAuction Success
- eAuction Success International
- Quickbooks Simple Business Kit
- Scrapbook Club
- Payday2go.com
- Classmates.com
- Creative Painting Bookclub
- Woodworkers Bookclub
- Campaign: [Email Submit] YourTopBrands - Free Apple TV
- Campaign: YourTopBrands - Smoking Survey
- Instant Grant Finder
- Gevalia Coffee
- Google Home Business Kit
- Wines Across America

And each advertising company has its own list. I've gotten 5 lists today.

pattip03
06-14-2007, 09:57 PM
How sad :( .

Are we talking about freebie offers too?

Is it still okay to do them again if they (freebies) didn't credit?

Or are we only talking about the big pay ones?

I don't want to get into any trouble, and I certainly don't want
this addiction to have to stop.:cry:

jnorth1007
06-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Perhaps a note about what this could really mean for everyone would settle some nerves and calm the cash outs that are legitamite. Does this mean that we will only have freebie offers and surveys? Fine by me LOL makes life easier and keeps me from feeling like I have to do the paid ones. I am certain that noone is in danger of not getting paid their money unless of course they commited fraud by completing these paid surveys on more than one site or perhaps we may have trouble with keeping credits for offers where people cancelled too quickly. This was a risk and you did inform us of this weeks back. Can you just maybe let everyone know where you think this is headed and where you think this is going so that maybe they wont be so nervous? Is this across all of the incentive sites so that the others will be experiencing these issues also?

SunshineGirl
06-14-2007, 10:05 PM
The freebie offers seem to be more of an issue if people do too many of them too closely together. It seems less about which ones you are doing and where. So you wouldn't want to do 25 freebie offers in a day--even if it was across multiple sites. You never want to do more than 10 in a day and maybe 25 in a week. TOPS.

jnorth1007
06-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Pulling out my fingers and toes so I can go count my freebie offers. :rotfl: Sorry just trying to add a little levity to a stressful situation.

ETA: Apparently I suck at this because I have never had more than 4 credit in one day LOL so no worries here.

pattip03
06-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the info! :sunshine2:

bartleby1
06-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Oh wow, when it rains, it pours! That is some huge list and I'm guessing that isn't all either.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Anna
06-14-2007, 10:21 PM
What's really making my head hurt right now is that on top of all of this, people are cashing out like CRAZY! I think it is a combination of legitimate users worrying that this may mean that they won't get their money and fraudulent users trying to cash out before they get caught. So I am going to have to hold all cashouts right now until everything gets straightened out. We are now getting credits for Edmunds.com revoked. ARGH!

Just to give you an idea of how big this is, here are just two of the lists of offers impacted by the fraud:

4 Seasons
Int'l Wine Cellars
InboxDollars
The Ultimate Financial Offer
NPD - Speak your mind survey
Gamefly
Psychic Spell
Acculotto
2-Day Slim Down
PermaSlim
eAuctionTutor
Robert Allen
Video Professor Canada
People PC
The ScrapBook Club
True.com
Quick Books - Simple Business Kit
Zoeta
Auction Plus
Bruce Berman
Gmoney
Essential Living Weight Loss
Body Fit Pro
- Classic Wine Selections
- People PC
- 20 Minute Facelift
- Four Seasons Wine
- Bidz.com
- eAuction Success
- eAuction Success International
- Quickbooks Simple Business Kit
- Scrapbook Club
- Payday2go.com
- Classmates.com
- Creative Painting Bookclub
- Woodworkers Bookclub
- Campaign: [Email Submit] YourTopBrands - Free Apple TV
- Campaign: YourTopBrands - Smoking Survey
- Instant Grant Finder
- Gevalia Coffee
- Google Home Business Kit
- Wines Across America

And each advertising company has its own list. I've gotten 5 lists today.

Essential Living Weight Loss is one I signed up for but never got credit. I really wanted to try it but they have only sent the sample. I never cancelled because I wanted to see how it worked for a couple of months. Sometimes it is the company although they won't admit it.

SunshineGirl
06-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah. And like InboxDollars has the nerve to cancel money for "fraud" when they are a rewards site running the same offers that we are!! And we hardly ever got paid on the leads that we did send them. I pulled them after a week.

I'm definitely going to have to send a message out to the membership once I can wrap my brain around all of this tonight. I am so exhausted tonight. I've been in contact with a number of other rewards program owners and a lot of them are doing the same thing.

sunshinecindy
06-14-2007, 10:37 PM
And while we are on the subject of fraud, I know some of you may receive a letter from me about multiple accounts. If anyone has used your computer, or if you have used someone elses to log onto SR that uses it also for SR, it shows up as a duplicate and the advertisers are after us to cancel one of the accounts. They watch this very close. Sometimes we can get around it, sometimes we can't, just depending on how many times they have seen the duplicate from a computer. They are cracking down, so please, do not sign into SR on another members computer, even if its a sister, a mom, a cousin, a coworker, because they are catching these through the IPs. Just wanted to clarify why you may get a letter. I know this isn't intentional fraud, but we can't convince advertisers of this. Only one account per household is allowed.

faithhope
06-14-2007, 10:43 PM
:hugs: Tricia!

I appriciate your site and all the hard work you do, and how fun you make your site.

Thank you:love:

linanglab
06-14-2007, 11:00 PM
I did the psychic one. That one was a 24 hour trial, I believe. I did cancel about 14 hours after. I feel bad that I had to be a part of "fraud". I never thought of it that way. I guess if they offered the $$ for a trial, they knew the possiblity of cancellations. I guess I will stick to ones that I REALLY know I will like the services.

Sorry Tricia about all of this. I really wasn't trying to be criminal. Just trying to make a little money for our vacation....

~Kathie
06-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Tricia,

I'm sorry you are going through this today. It's not fair to you when you run such a clean site. I hope things turn around.

On a side note.......I'm a little ticked about 1 on 1 Psychic. I don't know how they can say everyone cancelled quickly. The trial period was for ONE day. Morons! They didn't KNOW that people might cancel in a day?? Some psychics!!!! :rotfl:

3dog2kidmom
06-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Tricia,

I'm sorry you are going through this today. It's not fair to you when you run such a clean site. I hope things turn around.

On a side note.......I'm a little ticked about 1 on 1 Psychic. I don't know how they can say everyone cancelled quickly. The trial period was for ONE day. Morons! They didn't KNOW that people might cancel in a day?? Some psychics!!!! :rotfl:

I have to add how ticked I am about this one in particular. It was a 24-hour trial, people!!!

jnorth1007
06-14-2007, 11:10 PM
I have to say that I really laughed at that comment. They are psychic they shouldve know people would cancel :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

sammielynn
06-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Oh man, this is just bad. I am going to Orlando in early July for a conference and was just about ready to cash out for a $50 Darden's Card so I could take a good friend out to eat. I was just waiting on today's survey to credit in the morning to make it to $50 and now I lost my $7 for Search for Jesus. I nearly called to cancel this one today but somehow did not get around to it. Glad I waited, that would just have made the situation worse. At least I didn't cash out and end up owing Tricia money.
We had so much fun using our Disney Gift Cards while we were at Disney two weeks ago. I was going to start now saving for next year, hope that can happen now.
Tricia, I know how hard you work to keep your site going and all of us happy. I feel worse for you than I do for me. Hope the morning is brighter.:heart: I just love SR and all of the perks we have received and my boys have just gotten to the point that they don't think their Mother is crazy for doing all of these offers.
I just logged on before I went to bed to see if anything was happening, man are things happening.

speechteachri
06-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Sorry for all the stress this is causing you Tricia. :hugs:

I really appreciate your keeping us informed about the way things are going, and I think we all probably knew something was brewing from the info you have provided in previous weeks.

I feel bad now that I just cashed out 2 days ago for a $50 gift card in preparation of my trip. I'm sorry if the cashout comes at a bad time, and if you are not able to get it out I would certainly understand!!.

Ok, get ready...now I am going to vent...

On the subject of paid trials...I, like was posted above, do trials of things I am interested in, and some of the trials I have kept because I liked the product or service. But I'm sorry, some of these companies offering the trials are not always on the up and up either; offering a -- day trial and sending the product out so that you only get it the last day...how is that fair to the consumer? I am still waiting on my audiobooks which has a 15 day trial I believe. I have not received anything yet and I think I have 2 days left in the trial. I am sincerely interested in this service, but I can't be expected to give it a real trial in 2 days, and that is if I get the audiobooks in the mail tomorrow! Give me a break! And I was hoping to like this service too, I even mentioned it to a friend who was interested as well. So much for positive word of mouth!

I'm sorry that the folks who do the GPT sites in a fraudulent manner ruin things for everyone else, but I do think the companies have to take some of the responsibility too. They are the ones who post the terms and conditions of the offers that we all abide by. so while I don't agree with the "sign up and cancel once credit is obtained," I also wonder why it is the consumer's fault when that takes place, when that is the "rule" the company has set in the first place.

OK, I'm done now. I hope this works itself out and settles down soon. I really enjoy SR, not just for the offers, but also for the cameradierie.

:hugs: Tricia!

speechteachri
06-14-2007, 11:19 PM
I have to say that I really laughed at that comment. They are psychic they shouldve know people would cancel :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: See, now that's one of the reasons why I don't do any of the psychic offers!!

jnorth1007
06-14-2007, 11:21 PM
i dont do them because it is bad enough when bad stuff happens I dont need some fool telling me bad stuff that isnt ever really going to happen. Then I would be so freaked out I would make the bad thing happen and then I would think the psychic was right and spend all my money on that.

ETA: after reading that I realized I either need another drink or mental help LOL

plantlady
06-14-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm sorry that you are having to deal with all of this. I hope it calms down soon for you. :hugs:

speechteachri
06-14-2007, 11:22 PM
i dont do them because it is bad enough when bad stuff happens I dont need some fool telling me bad stuff that isnt ever really going to happen. Then I would be so freaked out I would make the bad thing happen and then I would think the psychic was right and spend all my money on that.

Sadly...I think that is exactly what they bank on!!!;)

jnorth1007
06-14-2007, 11:26 PM
I cant believe you understood that LOL

As a side not I want to say that I am thoroughly enjoying my book club books. I have already read Innocent Man, 6th Victim and now I am reading The Secret Keepers Daughter. I also have a book from the paperback one that is about Hauntings all over the world (inspired by you guys and movie night) and now I have 2 Diana books and 3 others coming this week. YAYYYYY I love books. Maybe if we only do books, food and clothing offers we would never cancel LOL those things I know I will love everytime. Think about it, even when they are bad, they are good. LOL I need to sleep.

speechteachri
06-14-2007, 11:28 PM

ETA: after reading that I realized I either need another drink or mental help LOL

I cant believe you understood that LOL

As a side not I want to say that I am thoroughly enjoying my book club books. I have already read Innocent Man, 6th Victim and now I am reading The Secret Keepers Daughter. I also have a book from the paperback one that is about Hauntings all over the world (inspired by you guys and movie night) and now I have 2 Diana books and 3 others coming this week. YAYYYYY I love books. Maybe if we only do books, food and clothing offers we would never cancel LOL those things I know I will love everytime. Think about it, even when they are bad, they are good. LOL I need to sleep.

Maybe I need a drink too!!! Oh wow, it's almost 11:30...maybe some sleep would be good!!:rotfl:

SunshineGirl
06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
More fun news. One of the advertisers who has decided to allow us to keep incentivizing SOME of the offers is adding some caveats: payouts will be decreased, we can no longer file ANY credit disputes, and we will not be paid on anything until the beginning of the month after that month. <sigh>

I'm taking a sleeping pill now so that I can get one night of good sleep this week. I was literally having SR nightmares last night. So bad that I almost got out of bed and came to the computer to check on things. I had this bizarre dream about someone joining the forum with the name MrRebate and PMing all of my members to go join his site where they could get better cashback. It seemed so real. LOL!

It will all wash out okay in the end. I know we're a solid site with less fraud than any others. When the bad stuff shakes out, we will be one of the first that they all come back to asking to run their offers. We'll give it a month or so and focus on things like shopping and daily surveys. It'll be okay, right? LOL!

bartleby1
06-14-2007, 11:57 PM
More fun news. One of the advertisers who has decided to allow us to keep incentivizing SOME of the offers is adding some caveats: payouts will be decreased, we can no longer file ANY credit disputes, and we will not be paid on anything until the beginning of the month after that month. <sigh>

I'm taking a sleeping pill now so that I can get one night of good sleep this week. I was literally having SR nightmares last night. So bad that I almost got out of bed and came to the computer to check on things. I had this bizarre dream about someone joining the forum with the name MrRebate and PMing all of my members to go join his site where they could get better cashback. It seemed so real. LOL!

It will all wash out okay in the end. I know we're a solid site with less fraud than any others. When the bad stuff shakes out, we will be one of the first that they all come back to asking to run their offers. We'll give it a month or so and focus on things like shopping and daily surveys. It'll be okay, right? LOL!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:I really feel for you! Get a good night sleep. Everything is better when well rested!

And you MUST KNOW that MrRebate couldn't win over your loyal members, lol!

Arky
06-15-2007, 12:18 AM
We'll give it a month or so and focus on things like shopping and daily surveys. It'll be okay, right? LOL!

Sounds good to me! Now my husband might not like all the extra shopping!!! :rotfl:

Thanks Tricia for your hard work! I'm new at this and so appreciate this site! I've looked at others, but Love Sunshine!!

jnorth1007
06-15-2007, 12:20 AM
I am a little shocked I haven't seen anything mentioned by the other sites about this. Has anyone seen anything? I would think that they would want to give the members heads up at least. Anything being said?

coastalgirl
06-15-2007, 12:21 AM
I agree! This place is great!! Everyone here knows you work very hard!! Get a good rest!!! Take care of yourself and be patient most of all. This will all work out. The thing to remember here is in the world of paid offer sites it only takes one to ruin it or change it for everyone.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

bbangel
06-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Sorry you are going through all the stress. I hate dreams that are that real. I hope you ended up getting a good nights sleep.
Just keep telling yourself it will all be okay. Even if all that is left is shopping I know I will still be coming here. And not just to play the new games!
Lots of hugs :hugs:

Okay, I totally have Annie singing in my head right now. "The sun'll come out tomorrow.... :sunshine:

~Kathie
06-15-2007, 01:28 AM

Right!!! We're sticking with you so don't you worry about that. :hugs:

I was literally having SR nightmares last night. So bad that I almost got out of bed and came to the computer to check on things.

I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. I remember during a very stressful work time in my life having "waitress nightmares". In those dreams I always burned the garlic bread. :angel:

MrRebate wouldn't have a prayer.

Candi
06-15-2007, 03:31 AM
Wow, it's been a crazy week for you with the increased payout and now this. I am sorry it's been so stressful. I am new to this and don't understand all of it. i know I personally haven't done any fraud. I am sorry for the ones who ruin it for the rest of us!:hugs: From what I know so far, you are great and this site is wonderful.

llgray16
06-15-2007, 05:47 AM
:(

Wow! All I can say is I hope this shakes alot of the bad apples out of the trees and in the end makes it better for us honest folks out there!

I hope it gets better soon for us and especially for your Tricia, Cindy (and of course SunshineGuy!)

linanglab
06-15-2007, 06:40 AM
I can deal with surveys and shopping...Especially shopping....it is what I do best!
Good luck Tricia. We are behind you!
Angela

Lisaj68
06-15-2007, 07:04 AM

I must need more sleep cause I understood every word you said!!:)

Lisaj68
06-15-2007, 07:17 AM

Sorry about all of the stress this is bringing you, Tricia. :hugs: I hope you got a good night sleep.

Maybe it's the picture of you and your family in your sigy, but I trust that you won't close down your site and take all of our credits with you!

By the way, do the revoked credits appear as quickly as the credits themselves? I haven't seen anything revoked on my account, but I only do the free offers.

Here's hoping for a better day! :love:

Lisa

SunshineGirl
06-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks, everyone. I took some kind of OTC sleeping pill that DH uses when he travels internationally. It was pretty funny. I was laying there in bed with my brain in high gear thinking "when is this darn thing going to start working?" Then boom! I opened my eyes and it was 7:00!!

I haven't opened my email yet this morning. Frankly, I'm a little scared. LOL!

I'm not sure why the other programs haven't started posting about the changes. Unless they are afraid that the same thing will happen with them that we are now having (the massive cashouts). Maybe they want to give the advertisers a chance to revoke any credits before people have a chance to cash them out?

Have you seen a lot of offers disappearing off of the other sites?

sunshinemckenzie
06-15-2007, 08:32 AM
no one has been as open and honest with me as you have. Not a peep from anyone...the other one that I do and the two others that I have signed up for but never did anything on them yet.

I've seen about $400 drop off of one since yesterday morning.

Tricia...thank you for being open with us! That is why SR is my top site!!!!

lrsellars
06-15-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm not sure why the other programs haven't started posting about the changes. Unless they are afraid that the same thing will happen with them that we are now having (the massive cashouts). Maybe they want to give the advertisers a chance to revoke any credits before people have a chance to cash them out?

Have you seen a lot of offers disappearing off of the other sites?

I don't do anything but the free offers here and only the daily clicks and trivia on the other sites but I'll go and look. I've noticed that MP isn't sending as many emails but haven't really noticed much of a change from the others. I really don't do much with the other sites so I'm not sure if I'll notice anything different.

By the way, I cashed out last night for $25 for Disney gc because we leave for Disney for the 4th of July but I completely understand you holding the cashouts. Maybe (hopefully) everything will be straightened out in a bit!!!!

disneywalking
06-15-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm sorry, I cashed out also. But I didn't want to wait for the special cash out, I needed the card to pay my friend off for the deposit on our trip. I didn't even know anything was up!

tweety129s
06-15-2007, 08:50 AM
It's interesting that users are being accused of fraud and for the innocent ones, being penalized. What about when fraud was committed against us when many were signed up for Columbia House and BMG without us knowing. I wish I could take something away from them.

BTW, SR is the only program I'll do because I feel that everyone is very honest about what's going on. I like being able to see what other people say about offers and just the general friendly feeling from everyone!

sammielynn
06-15-2007, 09:34 AM
I've seen about $400 drop off of CD since yesterday morning.

You lost $400! or did they drop $400 in offers? I sure hope you didn't lose that much. That would hurt.

TXMouseChaser
06-15-2007, 09:55 AM
So sorry you are having to deal with this! :hugs: What a week for you !:computer:

I don't do many of offers you have to pay for besides the Book Clubs and the Disney Movies and I have kept all those. And I did Vista Prints and I love that one!

I think everything will turn out fine-- you run such a wonderful and honest site. They are having to do this across the board due to all the other sites that are not legit and are not honest how they run their sites. I bet you see a lot of the advertisers coming back to you since you are the BEST and run everything on the up and up! :sunshine2:

docsmom
06-15-2007, 10:38 AM
:hugs: :hugs: I think you are probably right that when the dust settles, and advertisers will be knocking on your door!

In the meantime, shopping and daily surveys are okay with me! You must know the loyalty you have instilled in your members...I'm not going anywhere. :love:

TXMouseChaser
06-15-2007, 10:47 AM
And heck, now with the new games.. who has time for the offers!!!??? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
06-15-2007, 11:20 AM
LOL! I'll find something to keep everyone busy for sure.

Another option that we have on the table is that there are a lot of offers that cannot be incentivized that I can keep running. So if I find places to put them that actually generate money, I can funnel that money into prizes for the arcade, scavenger hunts, etc. Like some of the sweeps that I have posted (the Beano one in particular). And a couple of things on the freebies page. So people aren't being paid per offer that they sign up for. But there is more of a big money pool that I can draw from to do a lot more prize giveaways. That may be a way to keep people earning gift cards and certificates while we lose some incentive offers.

sammielynn
06-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Always thinking, you are.

lrsellars
06-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Another option that we have on the table is that there are a lot of offers that cannot be incentivized that I can keep running. So if I find places to put them that actually generate money, I can funnel that money into prizes for the arcade, scavenger hunts, etc. Like some of the sweeps that I have posted (the Beano one in particular). And a couple of things on the freebies page. So people aren't being paid per offer that they sign up for. But there is more of a big money pool that I can draw from to do a lot more prize giveaways. That may be a way to keep people earning gift cards and certificates while we lose some incentive offers.

I was wondering if there were other options for you. It's good to know!!! I'd gotten so wrapped up on this thread that I forgot to do the scratch off this morning. When I finally realized it, it was to late!!! LOL!!! Must try fruit smashers now!!! I love that game but can't score very many points!!

kimntrent
06-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Love the game too but I suck. LOL!
________
Zoloft Class Action Lawsuit (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

sammielynn
06-15-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm terrable at all the games, and I should be cleaning the house!

m 'n c
06-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Well so far the only other site I do that mentioned this issue put a hold on their monthly cash out as well. They are pushing it back a week so they can weed through all their members and kicking out the bad ones, uncrediting people, etc. I know we can't name names but it is a pretty big rewards program that isn't talked about too much around the dis because it can be a frustrating program..... Hope this helps you Tricia. I know you were wondering about the other sites.

sunshinecindy
06-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I should be packing for St. Augustine, my little anniversary get away this weekend, but I'm too busy on here, playing games and reading.

sammielynn
06-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Happy Anniversary Cindy!

SunshineGirl
06-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Well so far the only other site I do that mentioned this issue put a hold on their monthly cash out as well. They are pushing it back a week so they can weed through all their members and kicking out the bad ones, uncrediting people, etc. I know we can't name names but it is a pretty big rewards program that isn't talked about too much around the dis because it can be a frustrating program..... Hope this helps you Tricia. I know you were wondering about the other sites.

Wow. That's one that I have not even been in communication with. Although it doesn't suprise me because they have so many members they would be hit big time by the fraud.

I heard two other smaller Shiftcode run sites are now pushing back their payouts this month as well. One of the advertising companies that they all use informed us last night that they are not sending out checks this week but hope to get them out by the end of the month.

sammielynn
06-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Wow, this gets bigger all the time. I sure feel sorry for those that are leaving on vacation in the next few weeks and were coundting on cashing out to pay for the trip. Hope tghis gets resolved soon. Try and have a good day Tricia and Cindy go pack!

wdwabby
06-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Wow! I'm new to this whole rewards site thing and maybe I came upon it at a bad/weird time. I started on another site, but quickly abandoned that ($3 was all I made and they haven't had any free offers or surveys in what seems like forever) and I didn't care for how it was laid out.

This is the only site I do - all the warnings about not doing the same offer twice have done their job, because I feel like I couldn't keep track of them all! And I love how the offers here show if you've done them, received credit, etc. It's so user friendly!

Tricia, I'm sorry that you're going through all of this - everyone around here seems so with it and so much more honest. Hopefully this will settle soon - I have no issues with freebies and surveys, I've only signed up for 3 trials and they're all ones that I plan on actually trying because I'm interested in their services!

rhiannonwales
06-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm totally ok with Tricia revoking the credits - but it burns me that they only offered a 1 day trial and then accuse us of of quick cancels.
I try very hard to not cancel right away if im not keeping the service but when they only give me 1 day i kinda have no other choice.
Oh and lets not forget signing us up for programs we didnt ask for too.... if theres going to be a crackdown on fraud, then they need to do some cleaning up too.

I am totally behind you Tricia and i wont be cashing out until things are all settled and back to normal again.

mollyeilis
06-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Well, I'm a little bit nervous, but I'll try to be calm. :)

Tricia, I'm glad the sleeping pill worked for you. When I tried to use them once, I had horrible, HORRIBLE nightmares all night that I couldn't wake from. It was awful.

The whole thing from the advertisers is annoying. I mean, I try something out like HUD homes, but could NEVER log in after the first time I looked. Ever. And the first time I looked right after I joined, every single property listed in my area was sold. WHAT is the point of having a sold property on there, I ask? I told them that's why I cancelled, too, that I couldn't get into their site.

Does make me glad I didn't do things like pricestore, or a secret shopper thing that I never intended on keeping...the secret shopping one had something like a 2 day trial period...NOT enough time to actually see if they'll have jobs and pay you (maybe it was a week, not sure, still not enough time to see if they'll pay)...not doing those things makes me feel virtuous. Though I am not perfect of course. :)

lrsellars
06-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Does make me glad I didn't do things like pricestore, or a secret shopper thing that I never intended on keeping...the secret shopping one had something like a 2 day trial period...NOT enough time to actually see if they'll have jobs and pay you (maybe it was a week, not sure, still not enough time to see if they'll pay

Molly - Don't ever pay for secret shopping!!! I'm a mystery shopper and a merchandiser (plus I have a full-time job and three kids 5 and under) and I've never paid for a job. It's great fun but not as much fun as Sunshine Rewards. I also clip coupons and shop CVS. It's getting harder and harder trying to save a buck. Just left Walmart and had spent over $350 and I can't really tell you what was so expensive. I didn't even have a full buggy and no meat!!!

ChickiePants
06-15-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm really sad about this. Like most everyone here, I usually don't do any of the paid offers, only ones that I'm really interested in like Napster and QPB. Mainly I do the daily survey when I can and maybe sign up for one or two things like AstonishingCards (my BF LOVED his!). I don't see why everyone has to get punished for a few stupid people. :( I also don't see why advertisers are getting so "het up" about people canceling trials. That's what a trial is for, right? And doesn't it seem a little shady to have a trial that's only 24 hours long anyway? I mean, how much can you REALLY learn about a program in that amount of time???

sunshinemckenzie
06-15-2007, 11:03 PM
You lost $400! or did they drop $400 in offers? I sure hope you didn't lose that much. That would hurt.

no that was offers that dropped off. :)

sammielynn
06-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Oh, silly me.

luvdisney00
06-16-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't know how I missed this thread for the past few days , but today is the first time I've seen it. How can these companies offer a no strings attached free trial, and then get mad when someone exercises their right to cancel? I don't do a lot of paid offers, but I do a few if the product interests me. I signed up for Pricestore because I love to get a bargain with coupons, and it was such a scam. They advertise great coupons and big savings, and their coupon link takes you to coupon cabin, which is a free site that I already use. Their comparison shopping service is no better than bizrate or any # of the free comparison net shopping engines, so why would I pay for this service? I didn't know it was like this until I signed up, how would I? It makes me mad, that they would accuse SR of fraud, when their whole business seems like tricking people into paying for something they can get for free!!!

Tricia, you run a great site, the only one I do. I'm so sorry for all the trouble and stress you are going through. I hope it gets better for you soon!

kimntrent
06-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I feel that is more fraud on behalf of the company then the consumer.
________
LOVE ADVICE DICUSSION (http://www.love-help.org/love-advice/)

tfriend2000
06-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Personally, I'd really appreciate it if they would come up with a term other than "fraud" to describe people who are participating within the Terms of Service.
I find it kind of insulting to sign up for a 10 day offer, cancel after 4 days, and then being told that I am a Fraud.

Fraud to me implies an intentional desire to cheat, and I would never do that.

I hope it is a better day for you Tricia. What a headache!

kimntrent
06-16-2007, 02:29 PM
I agree with you 100%. I believe they are the ones doing it. I haven't seen Tricia at all today so I am sure she is having a great day.

Kim
________
vapir oxygen vaporizer (http://oxygenvaporizer.com)

Hannahsmom
06-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Hmmmm, let's talk about what I consider to be "Fraud".

1.) I think it is fraudulent to continue to charge someone for a service after that person has followed the terms and conditions and cancelled within a given time frame, as per the T & C.

2.) I think it is fraudulent to not pay as promised for personal information given.

3.) I think it is fraudulent for not shipping items that have been paid for.
(also, not giving credit for same item, but still charging your CC)

4.) I think it is suspicious when advertisers no longer wish to accept anything other than a CC.

I DO think there are a group of people out there that are participating in certifiable FRAUD. Where there is money to be made, there will be fraud.
But I think the advertisers are the pot calling the kettle black.

On a side note, Tricia your site is the best. Hang in there!

linanglab
06-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Well said!!!!

Angela

3dog2kidmom
06-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Hmmmm, let's talk about what I consider to be "Fraud".

1.) I think it is fraudulent to continue to charge someone for a service after that person has followed the terms and conditions and cancelled within a given time frame, as per the T & C.

2.) I think it is fraudulent to not pay as promised for personal information given.

3.) I think it is fraudulent for not shipping items that have been paid for.
(also, not giving credit for same item, but still charging your CC)

4.) I think it is suspicious when advertisers no longer wish to accept anything other than a CC.

I DO think there are a group of people out there that are participating in certifiable FRAUD. Where there is money to be made, there will be fraud.
But I think the advertisers are the pot calling the kettle black.

On a side note, Tricia your site is the best. Hang in there!

What she said!!

IfoundNemo
06-16-2007, 11:21 PM
And while we are on the subject of fraud, I know some of you may receive a letter from me about multiple accounts. If anyone has used your computer, or if you have used someone elses to log onto SR that uses it also for SR, it shows up as a duplicate and the advertisers are after us to cancel one of the accounts. They watch this very close. Sometimes we can get around it, sometimes we can't, just depending on how many times they have seen the duplicate from a computer. They are cracking down, so please, do not sign into SR on another members computer, even if its a sister, a mom, a cousin, a coworker, because they are catching these through the IPs. Just wanted to clarify why you may get a letter. I know this isn't intentional fraud, but we can't convince advertisers of this. Only one account per household is allowed.

Oh no, where these letters sent out already? I had no idea that you couldn't sign-in on a different computer. I have been a member for a while now, but I just signed up my employer recently. I signed into her account from my home computer to get her set up, and I often sign in to my account on my work computer, which is what I used to sign her up. Does this mean I am going to lose my account? Obviously I am not going to do this again, but I am hoping it isn't too late.

DooDahDay
06-17-2007, 12:12 AM

I've been really stressing out over this and I have a question that maybe Cindy or Tricia can answer....If I am checking my email at my daughter's house and I get an email from Sunshine, am I engaging in fraudulent behavior to open it? Would that be signing in?

TIA,
Joanne

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 04:08 AM
No one would lose their accounts automatically, but you would likely get a letter for logging in from two accounts on the same computer.

Essentially we not have to watch for ANY time that two people log in from the same computer. Say you only get an email from us, but the advertiser is paying for you to click on the email. If you click on the link from someone's computer and they then click on their link later from that same computer, the advertiser assumes fraud. So we now have to do the same thing even if you only log in to check your email.

For that reason, we have started sending out emails when we see any duplication of computers, IPs, etc. Cindy will email you to check to see why there are duplicates. If it is an honest mistake, she will just put you on a 30 day notice and send you on your merry way. But she WILL check back over the 30 days to see if it happens again. We just can't be too careful with all of the spotlight put on this stuff right now.

Speaking of which, this stuff is going INSANE on the wahm boards. I've been reading some of the threads and people are really going after the rewards site owners! I'm so glad that you all are so understanding!!

sammielynn
06-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Why are you up at 4:00 AM. Get some sleep.

jl8595
06-17-2007, 08:49 AM
Speaking of which, this stuff is going INSANE on the wahm boards. I've been reading some of the threads and people are really going after the rewards site owners! I'm so glad that you all are so understanding!!

Tricia - that's terrible to hear! I guess people always feel the need to place blame. :rolleyes: The other rewards sites are probably not as good at communicating, so the members are reacting in mass hysteria. Your honesty and strong communication skills keep us all in check. Thank you!! :heart:

sunshinecindy
06-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Oh no, where these letters sent out already? I had no idea that you couldn't sign-in on a different computer. I have been a member for a while now, but I just signed up my employer recently. I signed into her account from my home computer to get her set up, and I often sign in to my account on my work computer, which is what I used to sign her up. Does this mean I am going to lose my account? Obviously I am not going to do this again, but I am hoping it isn't too late.

I've aleady sent out a bunch of these letters,but that doesn't mean you still won't get one as I get lists every week from advertisers. I'll give you a chance to reply before I really deactivate an account. But, for now, I'm on vacation till tomorrow, so it won't be tonight.

Magical JenK
06-17-2007, 10:56 AM

I was wondering the same thing!! :p

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 11:05 AM

It was a rough night. I had read a bunch of stuff from other GPT owners before I went to sleep and it was just eating at me. So I decided to get up and be productive. Took care of some trouble tickets. Even did some Paypals after I had a chance to look through each line of their histories to make sure that they were legit. I was also scrounging around looking for ANY new offers that I could find anywhere. When I couldn't find any, I started adding coupons. Then I took a daily survey. LOL! I actually got a lot done. :)

linanglab
06-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Now I am a bit worried. One time, several months ago, I logged into my account using her computer. Later, she signed up for SR. I wonder if that will affect her or me.

Sorry Tricia about all of this. It doesn't seem fair. Oh, try to take a nap today! Sometimes nothing feels better than a nap!

Angela

TIAMOMMA
06-17-2007, 02:06 PM
I log into my account from home and from work - is this against the rules? I'm getting so confused reading through this thread. I only have one account but I do use both computers to access it.

Sorry you are going through all of this Tricia, you have a great site and we all know how dedicated you are to it and its members.

lrsellars
06-17-2007, 04:14 PM
I log into my account from home and from work - is this against the rules? I'm getting so confused reading through this thread. I only have one account but I do use both computers to access it.

Sorry you are going through all of this Tricia, you have a great site and we all know how dedicated you are to it and its members.

I'd like to know the answer to this one too. I log on to my account from two different computers but I don't think anyone at my work does Sunshine Rewards too so I'm not worried about that. Glad I didn't tell them yet!! LOL!!!

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 05:03 PM
It's perfectly fine to log on at home and at work if you are the only person logging on in those two places. The only time you might have a problem is if you sign up for something in one place and complete it somewhere else. Like you sign up for efax at work but wait until you get home to download it. The cookie would be set at work waiting for you to download it there to give you credit. But as far as doing your daily surveys, shopping, and freebies, you would have no problem at all.

BBgirl
06-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Ok what about I log on at the libary while my son does Arts Express. As I don't feel comfortable just leaving him there on his own yet and I read at home I have been signing onto to the internet while there and was wondering if it was Ok to check into Sunshine.

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Ok what about I log on at the libary while my son does Arts Express. As I don't feel comfortable just leaving him there on his own yet and I read at home I have been signing onto to the internet while there and was wondering if it was Ok to check into Sunshine.

You won't likely have a problem checking on your email and stuff like that. Even doing some freebies and clicks and the scratch off. But if it is considered a proxy server, some of the advertisers may not credit you. I wouldn't do any of the offers besides freebies just to be on the safe side.

alwweb
06-17-2007, 08:51 PM

Is there an issue with signing on with my own laptop but using the free Internet connection at a hotel? The IP addresses are handled through the hotel.

Thanks.
Ann

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Is there an issue with signing on with my own laptop but using the free Internet connection at a hotel? The IP addresses are handled through the hotel.

Thanks.
Ann

No. That wouldn't be considered fraud in any way. You *might* not get a credit if someone else in the hotel happened to have been on the same IP and completed the same offer. But the chances are VERY slim. Just be careful if your IP address is changing a lot. I've stayed in hotels where they switched my IP address like every 10 minutes for some reason. That can mess you up if you are in the middle of any offers.

Alice28
06-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Personally, I'd really appreciate it if they would come up with a term other than "fraud" to describe people who are participating within the Terms of Service.
I find it kind of insulting to sign up for a 10 day offer, cancel after 4 days, and then being told that I am a Fraud.

Fraud to me implies an intentional desire to cheat, and I would never do that.

I hope it is a better day for you Tricia. What a headache!

I agree-

I did one last week that after I signed up, I realized it said both a SEVEN day free trial AND a 14 day one....so which is it? It's been 5 days already and I haven't rec'd anything....I feel like I am really cutting it close....

Julia
06-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Wow, I didn't know there were so many problems here. I have yet to explore all the possibilties. I got an email to come check out some increased offers or something and the rules say...

Do not sign up for a program that you are already a member of. This is cheating and will result in deletion of your Sunshine Rewards account.

I don't know what I'm a member of. lol! Apparently I signed up for some survey sites a long time ago and forgot about them. Most sites simply alert you that you are already a member and let it go at that - but this site deletes you.
I guess the best course of action is to do nothing.:(

rhiannonwales
06-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Unfortunetly, this is the requirements of the advertisers, not Sunshine rewards.There was recently a big shake up in the rewards program industry, and ALL the reputable sites are instituting new policies.Sunshine is actually not as extreme as some others.
Advertisers are seeing a lot of fraudulent sign ups and so are refusing to apy out on iffy submissions.To keep SR from being put on the "bad site" list Tricia has new stricter rules.

A good rule fo thumb is, if you enter your email and it knows your name, stop and close the offer out.Youve already done it.Then you wont be deleted.Its only for peole who are knowingly siging up for the same offers on multiple sites who are facing deletion.
As long as you follow those rules you have nothing to worry about.

jnorth1007
06-27-2007, 06:20 PM
I think there must be some misunderstanding. When it says not to sign up for something that you are already a member of it means you cant redo paid offer programs that you have already done as the advertisers consider this fraud. It doesn't mean anything about signing up double for this site. If you haven't been active with this site at any point it may be to your benefit to check out what it is all about. It really is a site for making some extra money on the side. If you have any questions everyone here is very happy to help and answer them as best we can. If you have a specific question that we can't answer the owner of the site Sunshinegirl is around all the time and she can help.

mollyeilis
06-27-2007, 06:20 PM
I think it also applies to the bigger things. If you have a Blockbuster online account, you can't sign up for it to get the gift cert from SR. If you have a Netflix account, same deal. I think some people have had some issues with things like Disney Movie Club, but I think that DMC has simply told the people that they have an account, or had an account and re-started it...either way, SR won't get credit and neither will that person.

For that sort of thing, I just make sure it's something I want anyway AND that I don't belong to already, and I feel safe.

The trick to see if the little survey sites know who you are from your email address is a very good one.

bbangel
06-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I think it is also important to note that other sites are having similar issues with advertisers but may not be telling their members about it. SunshineGirl is very open with this community, which helps prevent a lot of problems.

ChickiePants
06-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Also, I don't think that if you signed up for something a long time ago and never really used it, they'll automatically delete you because you unknowingly signed up again! Everyone here is very understanding, and I think they'd at least give you a chance to plead your case before just automatically deleting your account. :)

sunshinecindy
06-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Wow, I didn't know there were so many problems here. I have yet to explore all the possibilties. I got an email to come check out some increased offers or something and the rules say...

Do not sign up for a program that you are already a member of. This is cheating and will result in deletion of your Sunshine Rewards account.

I don't know what I'm a member of. lol! Apparently I signed up for some survey sites a long time ago and forgot about them. Most sites simply alert you that you are already a member and let it go at that - but this site deletes you.
I guess the best course of action is to do nothing.:(

Its not like we will cancel you just because you accidentally sign up for an offer or program you have already signed up for. If we don't get paid, you won't get paid. There has been some fraud where people insist that they did not sign up for a paid offer through another site and want paid double. Sunshinegirl being as easy as she is would just pay them, and therefore, it becomes fraud when they accept that money. Also, every reward site should have a disclaimer like we have and remind their members not to commit fraud, instead of encouraging it. Remember, the advertisers read these boards and frequent these sites, and without them, there wouldn't be any extra spending money to earn on any reward sites. Unfortunately, some bad apples have been ruining it for the rest of the good ones.

abctmom
06-28-2007, 02:29 PM
i HOPE THINGS ARE GOING BETTER NOW THAN THEY WERE IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS! :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
06-28-2007, 02:49 PM
I think the major drama has definitely passed. We're still seeing a LOT of new offers from a few of the advertisers. We were able to post probably 10 new ones just between yesterday and today. Plus, we got approved for 2 new networks in the last week and have been able to bring back some old offers.

There is still some chaos going on with some of the smaller sites. Especially because a number of the networks are now not paying until the 30th AFTER the end of the month that the offers are done. So sites with lower cash flow won't be able to pay out for quite a while. But we're good. :sunshine:

sammielynn
06-28-2007, 04:52 PM
That's great news! I sure have had a good time the last two days, I haven't done much but have enjoyed the buzz. My sons are at Church Camp and the house has been way to quite for me glad you guys are around. Between SR and working on my house I have been kept busy.

coastalgirl
06-28-2007, 06:01 PM
That is great news! I know you are glad to see this pass!!!
Thanks for keeping us updated and for all of your hard work!!:sunshine:
Lydia

phillygal3
06-29-2007, 01:47 AM
i have been away on vacation so i have missed whatever was going on! :angel:

m 'n c
06-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Congrats Tricia that is some great news! I'm so glad things are going back to normal for you and SR. I love this place and always try to come here first.

Magical JenK
06-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah! I love hearing good SR news!! That's great! How relieved you must be!! That's awesome! Thanks so much for keeping us up-to-date on everything & being honest w/us about things! That is very helpful to me and I very much appreciate it!

abctmom
06-29-2007, 04:17 PM
That is very good to hear about SR!! :) I am glad things are going are going better for you!! Now, If I can only make SM status next quarter!!:blush:

jollytammy
07-03-2007, 11:25 AM
:sunshine2: :cooldance:

Julia
07-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Its not like we will cancel you just because you accidentally sign up for an offer or program you have already signed up for. If we don't get paid, you won't get paid. There has been some fraud where people insist that they did not sign up for a paid offer through another site and want paid double...Thanks for all the responses.
Today with fear and trepidation I did a 50 cent freebie that started with choosing your favorite tuna for a giftcard (I think). After the initial page, there was the usual page after page of offers to sign up for, and the url said brandsurveypanel. So does brandsurveypanel trick you into doing what is essentially the same offer repeatedly by making it look like it's about tuna or some other item?
Just wondering...

sselig2000
07-03-2007, 02:13 PM
If I understand what you are asking correctly, then no, it isn't a trick. The survey companies all have many different surveys that you can take, eg. tuna, makeup etc. You just can't do the tuna one twice.

Julia
07-03-2007, 04:34 PM
If I understand what you are asking correctly, then no, it isn't a trick. The survey companies all have many different surveys that you can take, eg. tuna, makeup etc. You just can't do the tuna one twice.
Ok thanks! No more tuna - Sorry Charlie!;)

Another question. Gas giveaways are a common promotion. In fact we had a local gas station give away $100 of free gas for a health fair prize here in my small town. I see free gas cards, sweeps, awards, etc. and they might be from different companies - or not. If the tuna offer also has a gas offer then they'd have my information already in their data base so that is not a reliable indicator that I might have done that offer. So what to do?
Hope that makes sense.

There might need to be some kind of alert system when you start to illegally, albeit unintentionally, fill out another offer.

jnorth1007
07-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Your best bet if you are this unfamiliar with the system is to start with one website and choose one that tracks the offers you have done. If you go to the offers on SR it will say yes or no whether you have done the offers. No need to worry about tracking with this system. If it says yes don't do it again. If it says no it is ok to do. Besides that if you want to do several sites you will need to keep very good records of exactly what the offer is called. If it says generous genie- free mascara, then don't do anymore that have that name. You can do more from generous genie as long as they arent the same offer. I know, confusing but you will get it. Also, be aware that for those offer surveys you do NOT have to click yes on an offer. You can look through them and click no to everything if you dont want to accept any of them.

karry2008
05-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Thankx for your information.this information will save lot of person's energy & money.good work.
===========