PDA

View Full Version : Obopay- Good starting point for new members

krg1968
06-14-2007, 11:55 PM
I was thinking Obopay would be a good recommendation for new Sunshine Rewards members. Not only will it give you a good boost on your earnings, you will get $10 from Obopay and a way to try out some of the **** ****** with no money out of pocket.
Anyone?

jnorth1007
06-15-2007, 12:08 AM
We really cant discuss or recommend the use of Obopay or any other prepaid credit cards for paid offers. This is considered fraud by our advertisers. On the up note. I have been adding money to my Obopay whenever I shop so that I can use it for that. The 1.5% that it costs me to transfer is nothing compared to the feeling of safety from knowing that if someone steals my card number they cant access all of my money. It really is a good offer. You get the reward incentive and the 10.00 and then it can be used for all of your shopping online. HTH!:sunshine2:

krg1968
06-15-2007, 12:13 AM
I didn't realize it was considered a prepaid for the offers. Sorry. It's still a great deal, my husband and I both have one and I think I'm going to use them to give to the kids for "emergency" spending money when they are out with friends.

jnorth1007
06-15-2007, 12:14 AM
I considered this also for my nieces. I always give them money for different things. This way I could transfer it to their cards and then they could take it shopping wherever they are going. They will be less likely to spend the change they get back. My kids are all still to little for it but I think it is a great idea for when they get a little older.

jl8595
06-15-2007, 07:10 AM
That is great idea! I hadn't thought of using it for kid emergency money. Nice! :thumbsup:

Keaner
06-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the card? I signed up and was verified on 5/29 but haven't received anything yet.
Thanks,
Tracy

jnorth1007
06-15-2007, 09:30 AM
I believe they say 2 weeks or so.

Did you know that they let you sponsor children through your account? I was reading up on this the other day. The children wouldn't actually have a seperate account they would have a card that is sponosored by your account. I need to look into it to see but I think they have their own stash of money. I am waiting for my DH card. This is great for when he forgets in cash sitting on the dresser. I can run to the computer and tranfer some money to his Obopay card for him to use for the day. Keeps him from overspending by using the debit card. Oh the uses I can find for this thing.

Kycha
06-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Janet, I would love to learn more about sponsoring children. Let me know what you find out. It sounds interesting.

I applied for the Obopay account months ago and then completely forgot about it. I will have to find my account info and request the card. Thanks.