PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate offers??

APB513
05-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm new to SR and of course I have lots of questions. My main question deals with the offers. So I click an offer for free Avon Mascara, enter my email and click submit. I am them sent to pages and pages and pages of offers. I click skip on most pages and select the offers that interest me. But now I am getting a TON of pop ups!!!

My questions -

Are these offers legitimate? Will I get the mascara (or whatever item is being offered)?

Do I have to accept any (or all) offers to receive the mascara (or whatever item is being offered) and to get the credit?

Can I set up a pop up blocker to prevent all of these pop ups or will that prevent me from receiving the item and the credit?

Thanks!

SunshineGirl
05-13-2008, 10:08 AM
There are definitely different types of offers. Some are more "survey" type where they want you to sign up for other offers (or at least look through them) so you have a lot of checkboxes. These are usually offers in the "Free Stuff" category. Be careful with those that you only give out the information that you do not mind those companies having because they WILL sell it.

Other offers like ebay, stamps.com, and the new microsoft offer are offers directly through those companies and they do not sell your information to anyone.

The best way to tell, in my opinion, is to read the print at the bottom of the main page of the offer. If it says "we are not affiliated with avon", then they are in essence purchasing your name, address, email address, etc. from you in return for the credit that you get.

APB513
05-13-2008, 10:14 AM
There are definitely different types of offers. Some are more "survey" type where they want you to sign up for other offers (or at least look through them) so you have a lot of checkboxes. These are usually offers in the "Free Stuff" category. Be careful with those that you only give out the information that you do not mind those companies having because they WILL sell it.

Other offers like ebay, stamps.com, and the new microsoft offer are offers directly through those companies and they do not sell your information to anyone.

The best way to tell, in my opinion, is to read the print at the bottom of the main page of the offer. If it says "we are not affiliated with avon", then they are in essence purchasing your name, address, email address, etc. from you in return for the credit that you get.

Thanks, Tricia!