PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent about disney

jenvance
05-13-2008, 08:34 PM
So my sister went on her senior class trip to disney last week. She calls and asks me what she should do if she ran out of money. I told her I would look into it. I called the resort that she was staying ats front desk and they said I could do one of two things. I could put my credit card on file and let her have charging priviliges, or I could purchase a set amount of disney dollars with my credit card. So I decided to give her $100 in disney dollars and charge it to my cc because I didn't want her to have charging priviliges with my card. Sooo......

Friday I look at my online banking statement. And the $100 was deducted but two days later so was anoth $292.54. I was like OMG!!!!

So apparently there was another girl in the room who also ran out of money and called her mom to see if she could send her money. Her mom decided to do the Credit card on file for full charging priviliges. So the Cm told her she had to fax over a copy of her driver's license and the credit card. The credit card was American Express and disney apparently doesn't take American Express, so the CM just decided to use my card and give the girl charging priviliges to my credit card WITHOUT my authorization. AND my credit card information should have disappeared right after I made the one time transaction. I am so angry. :computer: THEN they tell me before they can credit my account, they have to get the money from the other lady because they don't have a spare 300 bucks lying around.

m 'n c
05-13-2008, 08:38 PM
OMG I would be livid. I would call back and request a supervisor if you haven't already. If you have I would start contesting that with your bank/credit card company. They had no authority to do that. I am usually not one to make a stick over employee screw ups but for this I would. Who knows if that is even the real story!

linanglab
05-13-2008, 08:39 PM
I think that they would HAVE to give you the credit back on your credit card. They used your number for a purchase that was NOT your purchase. I would call your CC company to fight the charges. That just doesn't seem right AT all

SunshineGirl
05-13-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm with the others. I would be calling the CC company to dispute it. That's horrible!!

mom2ian
05-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Definitely tell them you are disputing it with your cc company. My dh had something similar happen on a business trip, where they put charges on our card for someone else that was there on the same group reservation. The hotel tried to say it was because they checked out at the same time or something, but they had checked out on different days and obviously had been in different rooms. The hotel took care of it just with the threat of it being disputed, but it took a couple of phone calls. Luckily I check my statement online all of the time so we were able to complain within a few days of it having been done.

Magical JenK
05-13-2008, 09:37 PM
OMG I"d be soooooo ticked off to put it nicely! Call your bank/CC company dispute the charges & then call Disney back & tell them that you did NOT approve those charges & never even approved to have the card on the room! I don't understand what they said about getting the $ from the other lady because they didn't have the money??? NOT your problem! Good luck! You don't have to say specifics, but were they staying onsite? I'm just curious...

jenvance
05-14-2008, 08:18 AM
They were there for a class trip and staying at All Star Sports Resort. They have credited my account now but it is a week later. I threatened them when they told me they would not reimburse me until they contacted the other lady and they said they would reimburse me before contacting her, but that it could take up two two weeks for the money to credit back in my account. It took a week. I am just so furious because I love disney and we got at least once or twice a year. I know it was just a mistake, but it was a big one and the guy on the phone acted like I was complaining for NO reason. It just really upset me. He asked me if I would like to place a formal complaint and I said yes and they gave me a email address. You can't complain to an actual person. As for talking to the CC company, it was actually a debit card from my bank and we called them immediately. So on that end we are taken care of. We have three separate bank accounts, this one was our bill account with a certain amount in it to cover our bills and a little extra for money to be in it. So when 300 was unexpectedly taken out, I was afraid one of our bills would bounce. None did thankfully because we put some extra money in it.

Magical JenK
05-14-2008, 11:24 AM
If it's the same email address I contacted regarding a CS charge on my room that should have been taken from the DDP, I received GREAT customer service & response from them! I would hope you receive the same!! Good luck!

If you don't, I'm guessing there is someone on the disboards that can give you a way to figure out how to contact a manager directly (via email/phone/letter). Maybe write a letter & send it to the resort itself? Allearsnet.com will list the specific resort addresses.

Hopefully they can make this right again for you soon so you can find the love again! :0)

linanglab
05-14-2008, 11:38 AM
So glad you got your money back. I would have been VERY upset if my bills bounced. Glad that did not happen to you. Hopefully they will respond to your email. Not sure there is anything else they can do since you got your acct. credited. But maybe they could at least give some of the CM's a lesson on customer service.

Debbie Jean
05-14-2008, 03:20 PM
So apparently there was another girl in the room who also ran out of money and called her mom to see if she could send her money. Her mom decided to do the Credit card on file for full charging priviliges. So the Cm told her she had to fax over a copy of her driver's license and the credit card. The credit card was American Express and disney apparently doesn't take American Express, so the CM just decided to use my card and give the girl charging priviliges to my credit card WITHOUT my authorization.

I don't know why they would have told anyone this except to cover themselves... Disney absolutely takes American Express... I use mine all the time.

Someone screwed this up BIG TIME... I would definitely ask for an explanation as to how your card number got used beyond the charges you authorized... I wonder if someone got the brilliant idea to simply use the card on file and checked no further.

Glad you got you $$$ back, but I'd be royally ticked!

MooseBrains
05-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Yep, we use Amex because of the reward points and let's face it, Disney is expensive!

Call the CC company and open a dispute. It is just plain wrong. The burden of proof lies with Disney to prove you authorized the charges. Because that is impossible you will get your money. However the process can take up to 60 days.

Let us know what happens please.

jenvance
06-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Just wanted to update everyone, we received our money back and I am to give someone named Michelle a call tomorrow from Walt Disney World.

amarazas
06-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm glad to hear that you received your money back. :) Good luck with talking with WDW...

Mom2aPrincess
06-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Just wanted to update everyone, we received our money back and I am to give someone named Michelle a call tomorrow from Walt Disney World.

So how did the call with Michelle go? Any more updates?

jenvance
06-12-2008, 05:03 PM
not really, I just talked to her and explained the situation again. I was told that the other mom does NOT have to pay disney back, they just considered it a loss. They told me they would cover any bounced check fees or long distance phone charges we incurred during the situation and she would call me back in a week with some kind of bonus for us, kind of like something for our troubles. But she has not called me yet, but it has only been 8 days. I will keep you all updated.

mia214jia
06-13-2008, 09:16 AM
not really, I just talked to her and explained the situation again. I was told that the other mom does NOT have to pay disney back, they just considered it a loss. They told me they would cover any bounced check fees or long distance phone charges we incurred during the situation and she would call me back in a week with some kind of bonus for us, kind of like something for our troubles. But she has not called me yet, but it has only been 8 days. I will keep you all updated.

Well, They were the ones who dropped the ball! It is thier loss, and I bet that the person you talked to first probably got a ear full too.
I hope they compensate you well.

linanglab
06-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Hoping for you also, that there is a bit of some compensation for all of your phone calls and stress. I am not one who believes in "entitlement" all the time, but there is something to say about good customer service. Crossing my fingers that they will make it "right" for you! Keep us posted!