PDA

View Full Version : Who has loved ones graduating soon?

Hedy
05-14-2008, 12:09 PM
I know Pooh's Pal's DD is gratuating from college, and MissAngie's DBrother is getting his pharmacy degree...anyone else?

MrsWonka
05-14-2008, 12:15 PM
It isn't really a "graduation" in what you were thinking I am sure...but my first baby (DD11) is Promoting from the 5th grade to start Middle School next year. We are having a little family BBQ after and I am sure there will be a few little gifts.

Blessing and Miracle
05-14-2008, 12:17 PM
I have a niece graduating high school this weekend, so we're off to Baton Rouge, La!:)

missangie
05-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Yep, this past weekend, we went to my brother's graduation from Butler University in Indianapolis. He's a Doctor of Pharmacy now!! Of course, he'll have to take his state board exam, but he's not concerned about that at all. He even started a new job last week. He's a staff pharmacist at IU Medical Center downtown Indy. We are so proud!:sunshine:

wilsonfamily4
05-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Well not a REAL graduation but my DD6 is graduating from KINDERGARTEN! I cannot wait to see them in their gowns and caps!! I cannot believe it has already been a year!

Hedy
05-14-2008, 01:51 PM
It isn't really a "graduation" in what you were thinking I am sure...but my first baby (DD11) is Promoting from the 5th grade to start Middle School next year. We are having a little family BBQ after and I am sure there will be a few little gifts.

I consider finishing fifth grade to be a big deal-it's such a change to middle school. plus, now you can justify things by telling DD she's a fifth grade graduate.
ElderNephew-You didn't tell me the band the Easter Bunny gave me glows in the dark!
Heather: You're a fifth grade graduate, you can tell when something's going to glow in the dark. :rotfl:

jenvance
05-14-2008, 02:10 PM
I think all graduations are important, especially kindergarten and fifth grade. Can't wait to see pics. My sister is graduating from high school this year. So we are excited for that. And I am graduating with my bachlors this month, actually on the 22nd, 7 months pregnant and all, lol! So we are thrilled about that!

ItsmeSunnyV
05-14-2008, 02:29 PM
My husband is graduating FINALLY from Devry University with his bachelors. We had a few financial set backs this past year, so we weren't sure he was going to be able to make it in time to walk, but on JUNE 20th, my bestfriend will be making that walk!!! :cooldance::cooldance: Okay, I know for a fact that I will be a huge crybaby, bawling my eyes out, because it's going to be a huge relief to know that he's finally done. He's been going part time and working full time for the past 7 years! :( And so it really means alot to our little family, for this to finally happen. :love:

Also I just went to my sister in law's graduation for her masters last week. I even cried then, thinking about my hubby. LOL

Hedy
05-14-2008, 02:48 PM
My husband is graduating FINALLY from Devry University with his bachelors. We had a few financial set backs this past year, so we weren't sure he was going to be able to make it in time to walk, but on JUNE 20th, my bestfriend will be making that walk!!! :cooldance::cooldance: Okay, I know for a fact that I will be a huge crybaby, bawling my eyes out, because it's going to be a huge relief to know that he's finally done. He's been going part time and working full time for the past 7 years! And so it really means alot to our little family, for this to finally happen.

Also I just went to my sister in law's graduation for her masters last week. I even cried then, thinking about my hubby. LOL

congrats to your DH, V! :cooldance::cooldance:

wilsonfamily4
05-14-2008, 02:56 PM
My husband is graduating FINALLY from Devry University with his bachelors. We had a few financial set backs this past year, so we weren't sure he was going to be able to make it in time to walk, but on JUNE 20th, my bestfriend will be making that walk!!! :cooldance::cooldance: Okay, I know for a fact that I will be a huge crybaby, bawling my eyes out, because it's going to be a huge relief to know that he's finally done. He's been going part time and working full time for the past 7 years! :( And so it really means alot to our little family, for this to finally happen. :love:

Congrats. those kind of graduations feel so good when you work so hard for them! Good for him and you!

jenvance
05-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Congrats to your DH!

jenvance
05-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Congrats to your dh

Blessing and Miracle
05-14-2008, 03:55 PM
My husband is graduating FINALLY from Devry University with his bachelors. We had a few financial set backs this past year, so we weren't sure he was going to be able to make it in time to walk, but on JUNE 20th, my bestfriend will be making that walk!!! :cooldance::cooldance: Okay, I know for a fact that I will be a huge crybaby, bawling my eyes out, because it's going to be a huge relief to know that he's finally done. He's been going part time and working full time for the past 7 years! :( And so it really means alot to our little family, for this to finally happen.

V,

Congratulations!!! I know first hand that it wasn't easy for either of you and you deserve just as much praise as he does. He couldn't have made it without your support!!! Go ahead and cry, girl!:)

Blessing and Miracle
05-14-2008, 03:58 PM

Hey, don't sell her promotion short! That's a great accomplishment! Tomorrow isn't promised, so celebrate today!

Have a wonderful time!:)

bellanlivismom
05-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Congratulations to all!! My brother is graduating from college on Saturday. His graduation present is the 10 day trip to Disney....However, he is less than thrilled :rotfl:

MrsWonka
05-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey, don't sell her promotion short! That's a great accomplishment! Tomorrow isn't promised, so celebrate today!

Have a wonderful time!:)

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was selling her short. Hey, if it were up to me I would invite the whole family and make a huge deal of it. But, my family thinks I have fallen off my rocker about it:rotfl::rotfl:. I keep hearing "don't go overboard". I think it is a huge deal. I still remember my 6th, 8th and 12th grade graduations (Kindergarten is a bit far for me). I just keep thinking...she is my baby, when did she grow up? But, like I said, we are doing a BBQ with immediate family after.

ItsmeSunnyV
05-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks Girls!!:hugs::love:
And congrats to the rest of you as well.:D

Blessing and Miracle
05-14-2008, 05:11 PM
I didn't mean for it to sound like I was selling her short. Hey, if it were up to me I would invite the whole family and make a huge deal of it. But, my family thinks I have fallen off my rocker about it:rotfl::rotfl:. I keep hearing "don't go overboard". I think it is a huge deal. I still remember my 6th, 8th and 12th grade graduations (Kindergarten is a bit far for me). I just keep thinking...she is my baby, when did she grow up? But, like I said, we are doing a BBQ with immediate family after.

Take plenty of pictures!:)

zoodoyle
05-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Well not a REAL graduation but my DD6 is graduating from KINDERGARTEN! I cannot wait to see them in their gowns and caps!! I cannot believe it has already been a year!

My middle child is graduating from Kindergarten as well!! The year has just FLOWN by..... :sunshine:

MrsWonka
05-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Take plenty of pictures!:)

We will. We just took her on Mother's Day to do her "Promotion" pictures at Sears. She looks so grown up.

https://www.searsphotos.com/getimage.asp?ImageArchiveKey=EC4198E4%2D32DE%2D44F 1%2DBF00%2D5F2DD9AC5EB3&format=21&usage=10&Rotation=0

https://www.searsphotos.com/getimage.asp?ImageArchiveKey=0CBA157C%2DA7B7%2D463 0%2DBBEA%2DFE9B0E5CA999&format=21&usage=10&Rotation=0

Pooh's Pal
05-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks all for the best wishes...can't believe another 4 years has passed...and now she may be in for 2 more if she goes for this Master's Degree. She tells me it's the only way to go, the only way to make money in her field. Heigh ho, i say..and it's off to work I go..lol

I'm off work for 4 days...till next Tuesday, haven't had that in a long time, well deserved for both of us. I'm headed up there on Friday morning, sleeping in the dorm with her on Friday night and will help her pack her room all up. Saturday I'm off to my Mom's about 30 minutes away from her school where we will have dinner with my family...then my Mom will go with me on Sunday to the graduation, unless it's horrible weather, then Grandma, at almost 85 years old, will watch from inside the dining commons, instead of under a tent. Great set up the school has.
Hoping for good weather, but they are calling for thunder showers, yuck. there are 7 colleges in Western Massachusetts graduating this weekend, will be a crowded, rainy little area of MA.

On behalf of myself and Mollie Meaghan...Thanks again ;)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q93/debt52/n136500109_30160713_1700.jpg

Hedy
05-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks all for the best wishes...can't believe another 4 years has passed...and now she may be in for 2 more if she goes for this Master's Degree. She tells me it's the only way to go, the only way to make money in her field. Heigh ho, i say..and it's off to work I go..lol

I'm off work for 4 days...till next Tuesday, haven't had that in a long time, well deserved for both of us. I'm headed up there on Friday morning, sleeping in the dorm with her on Friday night and will help her pack her room all up. Saturday I'm off to my Mom's about 30 minutes away from her school where we will have dinner with my family...then my Mom will go with me on Sunday to the graduation, unless it's horrible weather, then Grandma, at almost 85 years old, will watch from inside the dining commons, instead of under a tent. Great set up the school has.
Hoping for good weather, but they are calling for thunder showers, yuck. there are 7 colleges in Western Massachusetts graduating this weekend, will be a crowded, rainy little area of MA.

On behalf of myself and Mollie Meaghan...Thanks again ;)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q93/debt52/n136500109_30160713_1700.jpg

Good luck with that.

spring
05-16-2008, 05:49 PM
All three of my granddaughters are graduating. The 8 year old is graduating from 2nd grade. Her school is K-2, so she'll be in a brand new school next year. The 5 year old is graduating from pre-K. The youngest, age 4 1/2, is graduating from preschool (last year, she called it "pee school", lol.) They are all very excited and feel very grown up.:sunshine:

sunshinecindy
05-16-2008, 08:03 PM
I know someone but I wouldn't exactly call them a loved one. Does that count.

jnorth1007
05-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Grace graduates from pre-school on Monday and Callie graduates from Kindergarten on Tuesday. My niece graduates from 3rd grade and will now be in middle school and finally her older sister is getting out of Jr High and moving to High School. My family has a kid at every level this year. Next year I will have a K and a first grade and then the next year i will have K 1st and 2nd grade all at once. Fun! Just wait until they are a Senior, Junior and Sophmore all at once. Imagine what proms are going to cost me, and cars, and college and oh crap I better get to clicking again. I need to start saving some more.

andrea2289
05-16-2008, 11:02 PM
My daughter is graduating high school and starts college (Westen KY University) in August. Thank goodness she'll be close to home. I am having a hard time with her leaving :(

She is such a good girl. Always been well behaved, good in school, sweet...ok I'll stop (gushing mom) I am so proud of her :love:

Here she is at Pop last September with her Tie Dyed Cheese Cake
http://www.larryelmore.com/brittany.jpg

m 'n c
05-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Congrats to all the graduates!!

My brother was going to graduate from CC Thursday but had to drop a class and take one over the summer so he didn't think he'd be graduating and didn't walk (therefore none of us went). Well we think they might have let him graduate (contingent on taking the summer class) so he is trying to figure it all out. I hope it was just a mistake in the paper and program and he didn't graduate as we will all be upset if we missed it!

lanny76
05-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Congrats to all who have graduated or will graduate soon! My dear brother graduated from CC today - degree in psychology. Long day - lunch and reception, long grad program, Applebees afterwards, then an hour back to my folks to get kids ready for bed! Now, I'm off to bed - too tired to bother trying for a survey or anything!!

PSL1013
05-22-2008, 08:44 AM
My future DIL is graduating June 17th and will officially become a medical assistant in a doctors office. Congratulations Stephanie in case you read this? :rotfl: She's been working at this doctors office already and just finished up her internship there. The really cool thing is, I also went to school to become a medical assistant.....hmmmm, almost 40 (gulp) years ago! yikes! :rotfl:

sammielynn
05-22-2008, 12:03 PM
My nephew will graduate from High School on Saturday morning. We will have to get up very early to drive the two hours to ge there. We will spend the night there and then leave for Disney on Sunday.