PDA

View Full Version : So if I get my DH to join

jaime
05-15-2008, 09:51 AM
What happens if we are on vacation and only have one laptop? Can we both still do surveys or just one of us? Also from time to time my computer goes on the fritz and I use DH's. Can I do this after he joins? Sorry I have so many questions!

linanglab
05-15-2008, 09:53 AM
You can only have 1 SR account per household. And you can only do your surveys and offers off of YOUR computer that you usually do them from. Otherwise it will be seen as fraud.

jaime
05-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Oh no! We have 3 computers! I use all of them! I will just keep doing my SR stuff with this one!

So DH can't join, bummer!

linanglab
05-15-2008, 10:07 AM
My understanding is that the offers and surveys look at your IP address. If all of you computers have the same IP address, you can probably use all of them, but someone else with more knowledge about that stuff will have to tell you for sure....I am a little computer challenged.

And yes...only 1 acct. per household.

Have fun earning $$ for your trip! Anything you earn is all extra! I love seeing how much I have at the beginning of my trip. We are not going until next July, so I have LOTS of time to earn.

Good luck!

jnorth1007
05-15-2008, 10:15 AM
No the computers you use don't matter. You can use any computer that has not already been used for a different SR account. The way that the IP addresses work is that you can have as many IP's per account as you want but you can only have one account per IP address. This is why your husband couldn't join up (besides the one per household rule) because even with different computers you would have two accounts on one ip. So you can use any of the 3 computers but you can only have one account on those IP addresses.

jnorth1007
05-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Also, while you can change computers up for surveys you have to use the same email address and demographics for the daily surveys each day and can't change that up.

jaime
05-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Great! Thanks for clearing that up for me! I'm glad I can use all of our Computers! Liks I said before mine goes on the fritz a lot!!

DisneyDiva2130
05-15-2008, 10:25 AM
OK, so I can do surveys from work, and if I dont have time to do them at work, when I get home I can access my account and try a survey from my home computer? That is allowed?

jnorth1007
05-15-2008, 12:17 PM
yes as long as none if your co-workers are also doing SR rom the same network

askomsky
05-15-2008, 12:40 PM

:rotfl: LMAO Oh Janet your bad! I just saw your edit reason....... :rotfl:

APB513
05-15-2008, 02:27 PM

At work, there are hundreds of people who use our network. I don't know if any of them do SR or not. So to be on the safe side, should I only use my home computer for surveys? I don't want to be disqualified.

Mom2aPrincess
05-18-2008, 11:54 PM
At work, there are hundreds of people who use our network. I don't know if any of them do SR or not. So to be on the safe side, should I only use my home computer for surveys? I don't want to be disqualified.

I think some of that may depend on your network. At my old school, we had assigned IP numbers so while there could have been someone else doing SR (though I'm pretty sure there wasn't), they would not have had my ip number ever as it was assigned to my laptop. However, at my new school, we get a new ip number every time we start our computer which means that the ip number I have today may be used by someone else tomorrow so there's not as much security that there wouldn't be 2 members using the same ip numbers.