PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge

disney_girl
05-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Tell me about the Wilderness Lodge... what do you like about it? What are some positives about it? Anything you don't like? What kind of dining choices are available? Do you have to take the boat everywhere or what are your choices there? I know location is a BIG plus...

Our DVC home resort is Saratoga Springs but I keep thinking that I want to stay at Wilderness Lodge- it intrigues me. I think I'm just trying to convince myself to go for it and book a different resort. lol

3dog2kidmom
05-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Hi Carla,

We haven't stayed at the Lodge, but went there during our mother-daughter trip last summer for dinner. Whispering Canyon Cafe was a lot of fun and had great food. The Lodge itself was quite beautiful. The lobby had fireplaces and lots of comfy places to sit, and a little stream running through it with a bridge over. That stream became a waterfall once outside and emptied into the pool, which looked amazing. It's definately on my list to try some trip.

disney_girl
05-16-2008, 09:13 AM
We have stayed at the Grand Californian in Disneyland and loved it! Wildnerness Lodge seems along the same lines so I'm thinking we would like it as well! Might just need to venture out of my comfort spot and book it!! Thanks!

pbhall13
05-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Carla

My family really enjoys WLV. We stayed there 2 years ago and it was great. They have 2 sitdown restuarants and a counter service (which is nice to have with kids). The "big" pool is great, as is the quiet one. We used both often. I like the fact that the lobby area contains everything you need (food, store, info)

You can take the boat over to MK or they have have busses to get you to the other parks.

I am actually of thinking of WLV for our next trip. My girls really loved it (we did not eat at Artist Point, but did eat a few times at Whispering Canyon)

Give it a try!!!!

Pamela

m4travels
05-16-2008, 10:06 AM
We stayed at VWL the first week of December '07. LOVED it. The boat between the resort and MK was so easy. There were a few waits, but nothing huge. The villa section was so QUIET!!!!! The busses to the other parks were not what I would call plentiful, but I don't think we waited anymore than 20 minutes at the longest. The quiet pool was empty and the main pool was never packed. The weather at the time was glorious (upper 70s and low 80s I believe.

Artist Point was great (though we did have a rather floosy bunch behind us that made for some interesting conversation at our table!). The wine list was fantastic with mostly (if not all) Northwest wineries. We didn't eat at Whispering Canyon so won't comment on that.

Would love it again!