PDA

View Full Version : NKOTB

mia214jia
05-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Anybody else watching them on the TODAY show. I couldnt resist myself, talk about memories :rotfl: anyways My DS3 is in here watching them and mimicking them dancing. Im barely able to sit here typing without laughing so hard. He said" mommy thats cool". Too much.... I gotta get my camera.:rotfl:

m 'n c
05-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Crap it would have to be on NBC! I can sorta see them through the snow. I'll have to find this on YouTube later.

mia214jia
05-16-2008, 10:04 AM
The crowd there is crazy! There have been people there since 2 days ago for this. I admit it I had to get my Wahlberg fix :rotfl:

m 'n c
05-16-2008, 10:24 AM
I came in just in time to hear them sing tonight. Love how that song mentions all of my favorite songs.

MrsWonka
05-16-2008, 11:56 AM
I think I still have my VHS copy of several of the videos from their Hangin' Tough album...And I am a bit embarassed to say that several years ago I bought their greatest hits when it came out....Ah to be young again.

jaime
05-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Awww the memories! Joey is still so cute!! All of those old feelings came rushing back! I felt 13 again! I really didn't like the chicks in back of them! My boys were trying to sing along and dance too! Very cute!

m 'n c
05-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Yeah I was really excited when he sang all of 2 seconds of Please Don't Go Girl this morning. I need to find my greatest hits cd and load it on the ipod.

ahh... memories.

Magical JenK
05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
I've got the Greatest Hits on my ipod too! Couldn't watch it, but my mom did email me that she did! Ha!!

"Talked about Hangin Tough, as long as you've got the Right Stuff....didn't we Girl...ooohhh...."

MrsWonka
05-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I've got the Greatest Hits on my ipod too! Couldn't watch it, but my mom did email me that she did! Ha!!

"Talked about Hangin Tough, as long as you've got the Right Stuff....didn't we Girl...ooohhh...."

And I am humming along to the tune in my head as we speak.

Magical JenK
05-16-2008, 12:58 PM
"The buttons & the pins & the loud fan fare"....

sorry, I've now got Tonight stuck in my head!

jaime
05-16-2008, 03:02 PM
"The buttons & the pins & the loud fan fare"....

sorry, I've now got Tonight stuck in my head!

I love that song!! I could not believe all of the girls there who still had the old New Kids items! I got rid of all of my New Kids stuff when I moved out of my parents house! I do still have Joey's autograph though! :love: I will never part with it!

mia214jia
05-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Crazy.... and Funny! I had lunch earlier with DH and told him about NKOTB and how DS was dancing along.... " Oh Great" he says and rolling his eyes.

mommyoftwinfants
05-16-2008, 04:04 PM
OMG my cousing text me this morning to turn on the TV NOW on nbc but I was at work so I ran to the back and the stupid cable was not plugged in so I didn't even mess with it. But it did catch it on msnbc.com

Magical JenK
05-17-2008, 12:15 AM
OMG! they just announced they're coming here in October!! Yay!

Oooh ohh ohh ohh oh....Hangin' Tough! Who's going to see Joey Joe?! Jenny Jen that's who!!

m 'n c
05-17-2008, 05:20 PM
YES!!! They have 3 dates in Texas so my friend from back home is going to come in on a Thursday and we will drive to San Antonio for the Friday night concert and make a weekend of it. Super excited. Tickets will go on sale for us 6/7!!!!

Magical JenK
06-02-2008, 05:33 PM
:party::clap::banana::cooldance:

Got our tickets! October 21st!! Can't wait!!

I LOVE YOU DONNIE!!!

I LOVE YOU JOEY!!!

m 'n c
06-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I am so mad. Every other date in Texas has advanced sales for AMEX holders except the San Antonio one!! At least I don't have anything going on on Saturday so I will be up and getting tix.

m 'n c
06-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I got my tickets!!! I've been up since 7:30 waiting for ticketmaster to get them up lol! I am not on the floor but close enough. Cannot wait.

Sheila
06-10-2008, 04:13 AM
Gotta love NKOTB. "Step by step, Ooh baby, Gonna get to you girl" :cooldance:

mia214jia
06-10-2008, 08:05 AM
What is it about NKOTB bringing out the giddy girls in us? :rotfl:

m 'n c
10-19-2008, 11:59 AM
:party::clap::banana::cooldance:

Got our tickets! October 21st!! Can't wait!!

I LOVE YOU DONNIE!!!

I LOVE YOU JOEY!!!

Are you ready Jen???

I just came back from the concert here and it was fan-freaking-tastic!

pbhall13
10-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Are you ready Jen???

Love your picture Cate!!!!

Just a side note......one of my good friends in college was BFF's with Joey's sister (one of his many...big irish family).......they lived a few house away from each other.......I use to get some good inside stuff back in the day about NKOTB. Oh to be young again (I bet you felt like a screaming teenager at the concert Cate)

m 'n c
10-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Love your picture Cate!!!!

Just a side note......one of my good friends in college was BFF's with Joey's sister (one of his many...big irish family).......they lived a few house away from each other.......I use to get some good inside stuff back in the day about NKOTB. Oh to be young again (I bet you felt like a screaming teenager at the concert Cate)

We felt like 10 year olds again. It was really funny and such a good concert. I wasn't sure if I wanted to wear that shirt or not but my friend convinced me. I spent a good few minutes wondering why I bought an adult sized Medium shirt back in the day and then we both remembered that side thingy we all did with shirts. Buy them big for wearing with leggins and then bunch one of the sides up. I must have known back in the day I'd need a vintage shirt to wear to a reunion tour. :rotfl:

jakeandsophiesmom
10-19-2008, 06:34 PM
So Jealous! I wanna be a 10 yr old giggling girl too!! Sounds like you had a great time. Love the new pic!

Magical JenK
10-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Are you ready Jen???

You KNOW Jenny Jen is ready!! To(morrow)night! To(morrow)night! :0) LOVE your shirt/pic!! I jokingly told my friends I was wearing a shirt that says I :heart: Joey & they thought that was fabulous. Kinda had to break their hearts when I told them I was kidding....but look at you...going vintage!! LOVE it!

m 'n c
10-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Man ebay must have had a run on NKOTB items because there were alot of people talking about how they bought some stuff off ebay and thought it was so cool that I had saved my shirt. Now I'm not too sure they would have thought that last year before the reunion was announced but I'll take the praise now.

It will be great so get ready to sign and dance Jen. Make sure to go to the gift shop area first because that line never died. Most shirts are babydoll fitted and there were alot of mad women and women trying on every freaking shirt in every size. I skipped the shirt and went for a massive button again. lol

schaery
10-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Ya'll are sad. Is there anyone here who knows who Styx, Journey, Kansas and Boston are? If so, please come play checkers with me at the Senior Citizens Center. (Or is there anyone here who drooled over Poison, Cinderella, White Snake, etc.)?

m 'n c
10-20-2008, 05:34 PM
I have heard of those bands minus Kansas.

Crap I moved my picture. I'll have to fix it tonight.

wilsonfamily4
10-20-2008, 06:09 PM
O, I loved Journey and Boston

mia214jia
10-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Ya'll are sad. Is there anyone here who knows who Styx, Journey, Kansas and Boston are? If so, please come play checkers with me at the Senior Citizens Center. (Or is there anyone here who drooled over Poison, Cinderella, White Snake, etc.)?

:rotfl: NOW we're talking! HAIR BANDS, Cant get no better and there wont be any better.

jakeandsophiesmom
10-20-2008, 08:12 PM

Yep know them all! And the hair bands were all on my wall growing up. CC Deville and Bret Michaels were my men. Of course then I grew out of that and into the New Kids stage in my life.

schaery
10-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Thank you. I'm not the only one who knows what a "Hair Band" is. I feel better now. Continue on with your NKOTB discussion. (Bret Michaels still looks good).

Sunni
10-20-2008, 08:26 PM

I know all those bands too. I loved all kinds of music and still do!

m 'n c
10-20-2008, 10:18 PM
C'mon Schaery. Who doesn't know Mr. Roboto Man lol

schaery
10-20-2008, 11:46 PM
C'mon Schaery. Who doesn't know Mr. Roboto Man lol

Okay - so you know one song. Name another. :p (I'm not sure what my point is here now....I'm sure I've already proven I'm apparently old as dirt). I can't actually remember the names of any NKOTB songs so you're doing better than me. But, yeah, Joey is cute - still not as cute as the "hair band" guys though. There was just something sexy about them. :blush:

m 'n c
10-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Okay - so you know one song. Name another. :p (I'm not sure what my point is here now....I'm sure I've already proven I'm apparently old as dirt). I can't actually remember the names of any NKOTB songs so you're doing better than me. But, yeah, Joey is cute - still not as cute as the "hair band" guys though. There was just something sexy about them. :blush:

Ok you got me. I have no idea on any other songs but I will say I'm normally not good with songs and who sings them. I do better hearing them and then putting a name with the song. Like Natasha Bettingfield (sp??) opened and I didn't know any songs that she sang right off but once she started singing I was like I know that song. And that one.

Anyways I dont think you are as old as dirt. You just like old songs.

schaery
10-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Thank you. I feel much better now. I was thinking about buying some Geritol and prune juice at the store today but maybe I'll wait a few more years. (Nah, I'm not really that old - heck, I can't even join AARP yet -but they're begging DH to. Cradle robber. :D).

Magical JenK
10-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Ok, went to the concert last night & can I just say it was AWESOME?! I wasn't really sure what to expect other than bringing back memories! But honestly, it was AWESOME!

And...I KNOW Donnie looked RIGHT at me!! Ahhhh he loves me so much! (As does Joe, but he didn't look at me...rude!)

m 'n c
10-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Ok, went to the concert last night & can I just say it was AWESOME?! I wasn't really sure what to expect other than bringing back memories! But honestly, it was AWESOME!

And...I KNOW Donnie looked RIGHT at me!! Ahhhh he loves me so much! (As does Joe, but he didn't look at me...rude!)

Wasn't it the best?? I wasn't sure how I'd be thinking about it either but I really really hope they tour again next year.

jakeandsophiesmom
01-19-2009, 12:26 PM
bringing up this thread again b/c ...........

DH just won tickets to go see them in March!! :cooldance: Thought I'd lost my chance to see them last year, but now I'm going!! WooHoo!!

fourfoxesinpa
01-19-2009, 12:40 PM

I'm not so good at checkers but I'll come over and play some bingo?

I was more of a Barry Gibb and Andy Gibb kinda gal - NO one could work a pair of tight white pants and gold chains better than those Gibb boys!

m 'n c
01-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Anyone going on the NKOTB Cruise in May? Just wondering.

jakeandsophiesmom
01-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Anyone going on the NKOTB Cruise in May? Just wondering.

Not planning on it, but what fun that would be!! They can run, but they can't hide on a ship! :rotfl:

m 'n c
01-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Not planning on it, but what fun that would be!! They can run, but they can't hide on a ship! :rotfl:

I know! They are suppose to be the entertainment on the ship that weekend. Could you imagine attending 3 NKOTB concerts all in a row? I wouldn't have a voice after that weekend. :rotfl:

jakeandsophiesmom
01-19-2009, 01:54 PM
I know! They are suppose to be the entertainment on the ship that weekend. Could you imagine attending 3 NKOTB concerts all in a row? I wouldn't have a voice after that weekend. :rotfl:

AND they will be working as staffers serving drinks! I think I wouldn't have a voice and I'd be just a wee bit tipsy!

jakeandsophiesmom
03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Wasn't it the best?? I wasn't sure how I'd be thinking about it either but I really really hope they tour again next year.

Cate-Your wish is their command!! Just released the Summer Tour dates yesterday. Looks like they'll be in Houston this time. I'm psyched b/c I've got three shows within driving distance! Now just have to decide which one and convince DH that it is imperative that I go!!

m 'n c
03-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Cate-Your wish is their command!! Just released the Summer Tour dates yesterday. Looks like they'll be in Houston this time. I'm psyched b/c I've got three shows within driving distance! Now just have to decide which one and convince DH that it is imperative that I go!!

I saw that. Too bad I'll be in Greece when they are here. They really should have consulted me on their tour dates. Kind of glad I hit San Antonio last time. I really hate the Woodlands Pavilion especially when it rains. Talk about a muddy mess!

fourfoxesinpa
04-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Hey all NKOTB fans - I just saw they will be on the Today Show concert series on May 8th. Enjoy.

jakeandsophiesmom
04-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey all NKOTB fans - I just saw they will be on the Today Show concert series on May 8th. Enjoy.

Thanks Jamie!! Already got it on the calender! Too funny how there is one group or act that takes us back and makes us feel like little girls again!!