PDA

View Full Version : SunshineGirl, What to do?

plantlady
06-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Ok, with the problems that arose yesterday, I have not done any offers (since yesterday).

What's your preference?

I know you won't make money, if we don't do offers, but I'm apprehensive in doing more.

You mentioned at one point, don't do a ton of free offers, rapid fire. That's me. Should I lay off for awhile?

I just don't want to make your job harder, on my quest to get 50 cents here and there.

SunshineGirl
06-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I've gotten a couple of reassuring emails from advertisers that I do a lot of business with. Some of them are actually giving me new offers as we speak.

I would not stop doing offers, but I would keep these things in mind:

1) If you do a trial offer and do not get credit within the first couple of days, you probably will not get credit. Honestly, it isn't a huge change because we only ever got credit on about 10-20% of the disputes that we filed anyway. Now they are just outright telling us not to bother to fill out disputes.

2) Space out your freebies. And by freebies, I mean those offers where the first page wants only your email address and zip code. Then the next is your contact information. They you have 10 pages of check boxes. Other "free" signups (Babytobee, Classmates, Enfamil, Obopay, Shaddow Shoper, Shawn Casey, Win Your Cruise, etc) are all fine because they are real signups for different services, newsletters, etc.

3) Truly be careful about things like IP addresses and multiple rewards programs. The people who are getting booted from rewards programs (including one of our Super Members) are the ones who are doing the same offers on multiple sites and getting caught. Paid clicks, trivia, and games are one thing. But if you start monkeying around with 5 or more sites and doing offers on all of them, you set yourself up for problems. Also, be sure that NO ONE is logging on to the same computer as you. Not even to check their accounts. One computer. One account login. Period.

With those caveats, you will be fine. Daily surveys are totally separate from the rest of this mess and aren't even a part of the discussion. New offers that are added are ones that we have already cleared with the advertiser as being safe to run on the site.

plantlady
06-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Cool.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

jnorth1007
06-15-2007, 05:15 PM
I just want to verify for everyone about the trouble tickets on offers as opposed to shopping credits. Trouble tickets will still be allowed for shopping credits. The only place where trouble tickets will no longer be allowed are on offers. You do these at your own risk of not getting credit. I know that I did several this week, including Napster and Rhapsody, that didn't credit. It really does make things better for everyone I think that we won't be able to dispute these. They take so much time away from Tricia, Im sure, that now she can focus on getting us more and better offers and also in dealing with shopping credits. The best way to avoid doing offers that you may not get credit for is to do what you guys have been doing, discuss the offers and whether they are crediting. If you see they aren't that great at crediting than know that you are taking even a greater risk. I hope the information Im giving you is correct and if not than Tricia please correct me.

Kycha
06-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks Tricia and Janet for the useful information. And I am glad to see that about the trial offers. I am sure they are a thorn in your side at times. I only do trial offers of something I am truly interested in(like Blockbuster). Then if I get credit through SR, that is just an added bonus.

Thanks again for being so helpful.

Magical JenK
06-17-2007, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=SunshineGirl;10340]
3) Truly be careful about things like IP addresses and multiple rewards programs. The people who are getting booted from rewards programs (including one of our Super Members) are the ones who are doing the same offers on multiple sites and getting caught. Paid clicks, trivia, and games are one thing. But if you start monkeying around with 5 or more sites and doing offers on all of them, you set yourself up for problems.
QUOTE]

Just to clairfy on this, when you say offers do you mean free offers or paid offers? I know I don't do any of the paid offers on other sites, but I'm sure at some point some of the free ones I've done...don't revoke me, I didn't do it malicously, I swear!!

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Just to clairfy on this, when you say offers do you mean free offers or paid offers? I know I don't do any of the paid offers on other sites, but I'm sure at some point some of the free ones I've done...don't revoke me, I didn't do it malicously, I swear!!

LOL! They don't look at duplication of the freebie offers so much as the number that you do. Now, if you do something like Insurance.com or Classmates or something where they are getting more than just your email address and contact information multiple times, they will raise a red flag. But with those offers like My Insider Deals, Generous Genie, Big Buck Surveys, etc. it is more the number of those kind of offers that you do across all sites in a short period of time. Don't do 10 on 5 different sites in 24 hours. If you want to do small offers across 5 different sites, do more like 1-2 a day.

Magical JenK
06-17-2007, 12:02 PM
LOL! They don't look at duplication of the freebie offers so much as the number that you do. Now, if you do something like Insurance.com or Classmates or something where they are getting more than just your email address and contact information multiple times, they will raise a red flag. But with those offers like My Insider Deals, Generous Genie, Big Buck Surveys, etc. it is more the number of those kind of offers that you do across all sites in a short period of time. Don't do 10 on 5 different sites in 24 hours. If you want to do small offers across 5 different sites, do more like 1-2 a day.

Pheewwww....I just have to say, I've been worried about this all weekend! I read it on Friday & was concerned that I'd be booted from SR!! That would be horrible!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Thanks for lettting me know! Soooo glad to hear it! I know that some times I have accidently done something like Classmates twice & it will say I'm already in there so it doesn't go through. Good to know!!

m 'n c
06-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Pheewwww....I just have to say, I've been worried about this all weekend! I read it on Friday & was concerned that I'd be booted from SR!! That would be horrible!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Thanks for lettting me know! Soooo glad to hear it! I know that some times I have accidently done something like Classmates twice & it will say I'm already in there so it doesn't go through. Good to know!!

I thought the same thing on Friday. I try to keep my spreadsheets going but they change names so much you just never know.

I'm definetly going to be doing more online shopping next quarter than this quarter to try and keep my SM status. I'm estatic because the last 2 itunes purchases have gone through and I have some birthdays coming up soon. :)

wisconsinmom
06-17-2007, 04:19 PM

I'm so glad you asked this question. I was wondering the same thing. I keep detailed records and I'm very careful about paid offers but I don't keep close track of the free ones. If it is something unique like classmates I keep track, but not the others. I am relieved to know that I am not breaking the rules.

IckyMickey
06-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi Sunshine Girl,

I thought I read your reply on another post, but I want to make certain with my own question.

Can we do the free offers (50 cent ones) at the library when our kids are at storytime or will there be a problem with that as well?

Also, WisconsinMom, where in Wisconsin? I'd hate to have an "ok" answer and then end up at the same library! We're from Menomonee Falls.

Thanks!

PS - I think this is my first post! I'm much more of a lurker than a poster.:angel:

wisconsinmom
06-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi Sunshine Girl,

I thought I read your reply on another post, but I want to make certain with my own question.

Can we do the free offers (50 cent ones) at the library when our kids are at storytime or will there be a problem with that as well?

Also, WisconsinMom, where in Wisconsin? I'd hate to have an "ok" answer and then end up at the same library! We're from Menomonee Falls.

Thanks!

PS - I think this is my first post! I'm much more of a lurker than a poster.:angel:

Hi, I'm in Lake Mills. So no fears about the sharing the library computers :)

linanglab
06-18-2007, 04:59 PM
I was also worried about the free offers. I know I have doubled those. I do not keep track of those. I guess maybe I should....

I do know in one case, I did an offer twice. Once a LONG time ago and tried again, not realizing that I did it before. That was before I started keeping a log and becoming an obsessive RP person. Is that going to come back to bite me???? Sometimes they change the names of the trials. What do we do then?? I am also nervous that I did something wrong out of carelessness, not out of trying to be deceiving.

Angela

jnorth1007
06-18-2007, 05:08 PM
The best thing that you can do if you are doing offers on more than one site is to be very diligent about keeping track of the ones you do. The free offers that are more like surveys or get something free are not to worry. It is hard to track those because different reward sites might call those something a little different. The paid offers and trials you want to be absolutely positive you are not repeating. If there is any question as to whether or not you have done it go back and check and ask questions until you are sure. There are also some offers that are distinctive, in other words, classmates on one site is the same as on another site. These shouldn't be repeated. The offers that are like : generous genie and they follow it up with different offers like $500 such and such gift card. These are the ones that aren't tracked by offer but by the number of them you are doing over a period of time. I hope this has cleared this up for you. Unfortunately you have to be very organized and diligent if you are going to do paid offers. I only do SR now but when I first started and was deciding which sites to do I kepy an excel spreadsheet with every offer I had gotten credit for.