PDA

View Full Version : My Bald Daughter!!

Tantor
05-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Trish wants me to share my story with all of you.

Chloe my daughter has been doing Karate for 5 years. This year the school hosted the 2nd annual "Karate Chops Cancer" fundraiser. Last year my daughter donated 12"of her hair for Locks of Love.
This year she announced that she would like to shave her head (as alot of the kids did) for the cause. Two weeks before she decided that she wanted to dye her hair pink in support for her teacher she had in Grade 3 who is struggling with breast cancer. It was coming off anyways so I said sure.
On Tuesday May 1st Chloe shaved her head bald and she raised by herself $1037.00 (I am still getting donations!) and the school raised 42,500.00 for our new Cancer Center.
You have no idea how proud I am of her.........

Pics below
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h77/tantor50/pinkchloe-1.jpg
Pink Hair Chloe
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h77/tantor50/KarenandChloe.jpg
Chloe and Myself
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h77/tantor50/group.jpg
All the people that shaved their heads (look at all those kids!!!)

~Kathie
05-03-2007, 12:23 PM
What an incredible daughter and kudo's to the school, the teachers and the students for their participation.

Congratulations to all of them for a job well done!!!

SunshineGirl
05-03-2007, 12:29 PM
This is such an amazing story. Thank you, Karen, for sharing with us!

wilsonfamily4
05-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Really is a great story. You have to be the proudest mommy!!!

Joni
05-03-2007, 01:40 PM
What an amazing daughter you have!

docsmom
05-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Karen,

Those pictures bring tears to my eyes. I spent a little over a year bald during cancer treatment three years ago. Though I am in my 50's and never considered myself a vain person, I was surprised at how much losing my hair hurt. It was very difficult to look in the mirror and not see myself looking back at me!

How courageous and selfless of your daughter and her classmates to do this to raise money. You have an amazing daughter and I suspect she has an equally amazing mother! :angel:

Lynn

rdf1962
05-03-2007, 02:31 PM
What a great kid to do something so amazing. Great story

disneynut
05-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Simply Awesome....:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am truly touched. How proud you and her must be. God Bless her for her courage. I must show this to my dd (11). Maybe it can touch her.

andrea2289
05-03-2007, 02:48 PM
What a special soul she is! I can't imagine how proud you are! Congratulations to her and the school for doing such a great job for such a wonderful cause! :)

Lucinda
05-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Wow. That is just awesome! If everyone had that kind of love and compassion this world would be a wonderful place. wouldn't it? Tell Chloe she is awesome. So young and to have that kind of love is very rare these days.

Sahmy
05-03-2007, 09:02 PM
That is fantastic! You must be so proud. You are very blessed!

Anna
05-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Kids are so compassionate and amazing when it comes to things like this. I know you are very proud of your daughter as you should be. She is an awesome person to be so concered with others.
:party:

Tantor
05-04-2007, 07:09 AM
I have to tell you this.
When we went to school the next day I was concerned of the comments from her classmates. I didn't have to worry. When they saw her they started to chant " Chloe, Chloe, Chloe"
I started to cry.

Mandi
05-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Wow, what an amazing selfless girl you have!

rhiannonwales
05-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Thats really awesome... my mom is going through chemo now and started losing her hair this past week, so it hit home for me as well.
You have a very special daughter!

AdLibCorner
05-04-2007, 05:30 PM
:angel: :angel: Simply the most wonderful thing I've heard a teen doing in a long time. I recently cut almost a foot of hair off and know how "different" just that felt after looking in the mirror.

My sister has been diagnosed with pre-cancer in one of her breasts. When I see young ladies get involved like this one, I know the word is getting out that all women of all ages need to be thinking about doing the self exams.

I am also thankful that her school let her dye her hair for a few days. Most schools have a policy that would have gotten her expelled.

Lowie
05-04-2007, 08:28 PM
wow! great job, mom, on raising a great girl! LOVE the pink hair look too!:p

Tantor
05-04-2007, 09:21 PM
:angel: :angel:

I am also thankful that her school let her dye her hair for a few days. Most schools have a policy that would have gotten her expelled.

I asked before we did it just to make sure it was okay.

sunshinecindy
05-05-2007, 07:18 AM
Isn't it amazing that a group of kids that basically know about cancer but haven't lived much with the perils of it like us adults, will do something so courageous and yet so many adults wouldn't even think of doing anything to help the cause. Great kids...and great parents. Kudos to you and Chloe, and you know what, she looks a lot like you too.

Tantor
05-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

When they presented the cheque to the hospital they asked who in this crowd has not been effected by cancer. Not one person put there hand up.
So we all know people who have suffered or passed away from cancer.
And then their are those who have beat it:clap: :clap:

Yesterday when I was taking Chloe to school I had a parent come up and asked if my DD was the one shaved her head. I said yes it is. She said what a wonderful caring youndg girl she was. She proceeded to tell me that her husband is a cancer surviver.

phillygal3
05-05-2007, 01:06 PM
wow i would never have the guts to do that! my hair is down to my butt!

RayaniFoxmur
05-05-2007, 06:17 PM
You must be so completely proud of her!! I know I'd be one proud mama. And good for them for raising so much! Those are some very special kids. :clap: