PDA

View Full Version : Trying to plan a disney trip , first timmer

albertamommyof4
05-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi everyone , i am from alberta and i am trying to plan a disneyland trip for my family , i am marries and we have 4 cildren ranging from almost 11 to just turned 2 , all togethr there is 3 boys and one girl . We have never been on a holiday and i want to do disneyland . I would like to know anything you can give me , information that is lol. We were trying for spring break in 2009 but i am thinking that it is going to be to busy for the first timers so i got thinking about March but they have shorter hours so any help would be great . Also we are thinking about staying at the Park vue inn what are all your thoughts ?
We are thinking that there will be 2 days for free then so we are planning on 5 days to do disneyland and dca and then i am doing sea world and maybe sandiego zoo , what are your thoughts on the zoo also waht about lego land and knotts? any info would be appreciated
Thanks

m 'n c
05-22-2008, 06:27 PM
I have never been to DL but I have been to the San Diego Zoo and it is definitely a do not miss thing. It will take all day (maybe 3/4 day) but it is so worth it.

wilsonfamily4
05-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Are you driving down or flying? Lego land is a ways from DL but if you have a car would be fun. If you do drive down you should also check out the jelly belly factory. You MUST do a day at the beach of you are down there? Also San Diego Zoo would be a do not miss if you are there!!!!

There are a few resident californians on this forum who can really help you. But Disneyland is fun. You will enjoy it

DisneyMa
05-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I love Disneyland!!

Early March would be a good time to go. Shorter hours= less people:D Just try to avoid Easter and the 4 weeks before and after. Other than that you should be fine.

4-5 days at DL and DCA should be enough (alothough I have been for 11 days and still didn't want to leave!:rotfl:)

I don't know about your hotel. I have stayed on property and at the HoJo's. Those are the only hotels I stay at.

I'm not sure what info you need, but ask away. Disneyland is one of my favorite topics:love:

MooseBrains
05-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Why not go to Disney world in Florida and stay about a week? I have been to both and WDW really feels like a destination. It takes much more time and way more money but I like it more. That being said, everyone has an opinion and DL was nice.

We went for Spring vacation last year and stayed 3 days. It got very crowded and even the CM's were making jokes about the spring breakers. We stayed at the Hojo's and walked everyday to the park. With small children it would be easier to stay at one the hotels right across the street, not too far away.

albertamommyof4
05-22-2008, 10:26 PM
I have never been to DL but I have been to the San Diego Zoo and it is definitely a do not miss thing. It will take all day (maybe 3/4 day) but it is so worth it.
Thank you . I think if i don't do the zoo i will regret it lol

albertamommyof4
05-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Are you driving down or flying? Lego land is a ways from DL but if you have a car would be fun. If you do drive down you should also check out the jelly belly factory. You MUST do a day at the beach of you are down there? Also San Diego Zoo would be a do not miss if you are there!!!!

There are a few resident californians on this forum who can really help you. But Disneyland is fun. You will enjoy it
Well it will probably be flying as we live in northern alberta . We were thinking about driving but with the way the gas is going and also we would have to go in more of the summer months and i am thinking way to hot and busy. I would so love to do the beach , we would be renting a car to go to sandiego so we will be able to stop at the beach .

albertamommyof4
05-22-2008, 10:29 PM
I love Disneyland!!

Early March would be a good time to go. Shorter hours= less people:D Just try to avoid Easter and the 4 weeks before and after. Other than that you should be fine.

4-5 days at DL and DCA should be enough (alothough I have been for 11 days and still didn't want to leave!:rotfl:)

I don't know about your hotel. I have stayed on property and at the HoJo's. Those are the only hotels I stay at.

I'm not sure what info you need, but ask away. Disneyland is one of my favorite topics:love:

Thanks about EAster , our anniversary and birthdays are both in March so it would be a nice gift.
Hojos is nice but with having 6 in the party we would need a suite . 11 days that would be awsome lol

albertamommyof4
05-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Why not go to Disney world in Florida and stay about a week? I have been to both and WDW really feels like a destination. It takes much more time and way more money but I like it more. That being said, everyone has an opinion and DL was nice.

We went for Spring vacation last year and stayed 3 days. It got very crowded and even the CM's were making jokes about the spring breakers. We stayed at the Hojo's and walked everyday to the park. With small children it would be easier to stay at one the hotels right across the street, not too far away.

You know what i would also love to do the world but we have never been in a plane and the plane trip is so long so i am thinking we should start small lol.
I heard the Easter break was busy but i didn't think it was that busy lol

m 'n c
05-22-2008, 11:48 PM
You know what i would also love to do the world but we have never been in a plane and the plane trip is so long so i am thinking we should start small lol.
I heard the Easter break was busy but i didn't think it was that busy lol

Don't worry about the plane. When you go long distances like that they play movies or you can sleep. Its actually rather nice and relaxing.

MooseBrains
05-23-2008, 10:30 AM
I have to agree, a long plane trip is almost better because you get settled in and are committed to the full day of travel. They give you snacks, we pack snacks also, they serve juice, water, soda, they show a movie, bring your own headset or we pack our DVD player and let the kids watch movies. Sleeping is hard but the kids just seem to fall off about mid flight. We also fly in the afternoon or evening if we can.

Might I suggest you consider just taking a long flight and then have a long holiday in WDW? It really is worth it.

albertamommyof4
05-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Don't worry about the plane. When you go long distances like that they play movies or you can sleep. Its actually rather nice and relaxing.
oh okay thank you

albertamommyof4
05-23-2008, 03:25 PM
I have to agree, a long plane trip is almost better because you get settled in and are committed to the full day of travel. They give you snacks, we pack snacks also, they serve juice, water, soda, they show a movie, bring your own headset or we pack our DVD player and let the kids watch movies. Sleeping is hard but the kids just seem to fall off about mid flight. We also fly in the afternoon or evening if we can.

Might I suggest you consider just taking a long flight and then have a long holiday in WDW? It really is worth it.

Thank you but i think we will start with disneyland , but i still want to do disneyworld later on

m 'n c
05-23-2008, 04:14 PM
I think you'll have a great time at DL and in San Diego. I absolutely love San Diego and would move there in a heart beat if my salary would keep up with their cost of living. I have heard great things about the Wild Animal Park (same people as the SD Zoo) but have never been so you should look into that as well.

Something that might be fun for your kiddos is the "duck" tours. Basically its this automobile that gives land and "water" tours. I don't know the cost out there but I know they use to have it and I went on the one in Pittsburgh years ago that was fun. Coronado Island was nice to walk around on. Not sure what there is to do on there besides the little shops and such. Your kiddos might get bored there.