PDA

View Full Version : Let's lift Sunshinegirl's spirit!

sunshinemckenzie
06-17-2007, 11:47 AM
With everything that is going on, I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread to share what we have spent our earnings on. Kinda give Sunshinegirl a warm feeling knowing just how much she is making a difference in our lives.

As for me, my earnings have purchased or will be purchasing....
....4 tickets to MNSSHP
....4 tickets to Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum(with 1% cash back)
....4 tickets to Titanic Museum
....4 tickets to Arabian Knight Dinner Show(with 1% cash back)
....4 tickets to Blizzard Beach(with 1% cash back)
....breakfast for 4 at LePeeps(with 7% cash back)
....Dinner for 4 at Hooters

Plus using the link for Budget car rental, I have reserved a SUV for 12 days for the incrediable price of $287.00(with 2% cash back) and with the HiltonHHonors American Express I applied for and recieved, we recieved a free night's stay in Orlando which allowed us to add an extra day to our upcoming vacation. Anything I make between now and September first is for souvenir money for the children. THANK YOU Sunshinegirl...adding an extra day to any vacation...AWESOME! Without SR, We wouldn't be doing Ripleys, Titanic, Arabian Knights, LePeeps, Hooters, or Blizzard Beach.

:hugs: :hugs: For giving my children so many memories on our upcoming trip!

kimntrent
06-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Without sunshinegirl I would be homeless the first two nights of our WDW trip. But because of her I am now staying at Port Orleans French Quarter for 2 nights. However, my god daughters have declared that they are staying with my parents at the Boardwalk instead of us. :( .

Three Cheers for Sunshine Girl.

Kim
________
Yamaha zuma 125 specifications (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Zuma_125)

belbook
06-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I bought a cd I'd been wanting and a book from Amazon
I have $30 worth of Chili's cards and we're taking my parents there next week while they visit
And, I blew $25 at Target on stuff!

Thanks!

sammielynn
06-17-2007, 01:25 PM
We just got back June 5. My sunshine money was spent for the following:
1 Dinner at Smoky Bones
1 Dinner at the Rainforest Cafe
Groceries for the week we were there at Target
We spent only 2 days at Disney Parks and while there the only out of pocket money I spent was on parking. Every bite we ate(and my boys can eat) and everything we bought was paid for with My Disney Gift Cards. We even had a huge shopping spree at DTD before we left. My youngest son lost $75 dollars in gift cards and his drivers licence while we were there and since Disney returned them we spent $25 at the Disney Store Outlet sale on tons of stuff. And now to beat it all I still have $50 left to use when I go to a conference in Orlando in July!
Yes, Sunshine Rewards had been good to me!
Thanks, Trica!

sammielynn
06-17-2007, 01:30 PM
I forgot one thing, I signed up for Search for Jesus but lost the money. But since I signed up on a Monday it hit me that the essays only come out on Mondays. So I called them and ask about that since I would not get anything since the essay would come after my trial was over what was I to do. So they extended my trial by one week. So now if I, well you know, they can never say that I did it without a fair trial.

TIAMOMMA
06-17-2007, 02:10 PM
I've earned enough ($100 in Disney GC's) that I didn't feel so guilty ordering tickets for Cirque de Soleil's La Nouba when I'm in Disney World at the end of October! (I think I may be down at the same time that you are Tricia - I'll keep my eyes open for a family dressed like pirates, lol!)

Thanks for the great site!

ChickiePants
06-17-2007, 02:11 PM
I haven't cashed out yet, but I plan to put the money towards paying off my car! It's the first car I have ever owned in my own name by myself and the SR money will get me that much closer to my goal. After that, all money will be set aside for a down payment on our first house!
Thank you so much, SunshineGirl, for making this a place where we can all feel welcome and for giving us a chance to make a little extra money to use toward our goals. You do a great job and I don't think you hear that enough! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Belle
06-17-2007, 02:31 PM
The Disney GCs I earned helped me purchase an AP to WDW. :mickey:

Thanks, Tricia! :sunshine:

faithhope
06-17-2007, 02:42 PM
We usually make a trip to WDW every other year for my daughter's birthday... She loves how everyone says happy birthday, and the people at disney just make it a special day..

We aren't scheduled to go this year... this year being an off year... but thanks to SR we will be going this year. I can't wait to see the look on her face.

I'm trying to figure out what special thing we will do that we have never done. maybe eat at a new restaurant or reserve seats for fireworks show.

Thanks to SR We can try new things at Disney that weren't within our budget before... Thanks for the new dreams.

Faith

bartleby1
06-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks to the money I earned and the 10% back on disney gift cards that SR was running for a while, I was able to talk DH into another disney vacation this summer! Without the extra I earned, DH would never have given in.

So, we will be toasting to Tricia while enjoying a nice pool-side beverage at POR in August!

Thanks for all you do! :sunshine: :sunshine:

m 'n c
06-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I will be using my SR earnings to stay a little longer at WDW next year and hopefully to pay for part of the dining plan in case they do not offer free dining again in Sept. next year. :)

jl8595
06-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I'll be using my rewards to pay for Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique packages for my two little girls (DD3 & DD7) during our September trip. My girls have been watching the DVD planning video and keep BEGGING to do this. Little do they know, Mommy already has it booked AND paid for, thanks to Sunshine Rewards...and it will remain a surprise. Thank you, Tricia, for helping me make family memories. :angel:

docsmom
06-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I have $150 in Disney GC's and halfway to another $100 to be used to drink :cheers: and snack our way around the world at Epcot and pay for parasailing while on our trip next September! Also have a $50 Darden GC to be used for dining while on the road to Disney.

It will be very relaxing to not have to think about what we are spending while on vacation...something I can usually not get away from! Thanks Tricia :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 05:01 PM
You all are so fantastic. You are absolutely right that it cheers me up to hear what everyone spends their rewards on. :) And it fires me up to get out there and keep fighting to help you earn more. I love the thought of being a little part of so many people's happy memories!! :heart:

coastalgirl
06-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I had not been with SR very long before we went to Disney last month but I was able to earn $75 in GC, which my kids then had a small shopping spree in DTD! My lil guy loves legos and spent most in there, as for our lil princess she is to small to ask for lots of things but she got her fair share also!! I am now working towards our next trip in Feb.
I am so glad I found SR!!!!!! It was so much fun, getting to feel like I help contribute to our trips!!!!
Thanks Tricia!!!!!!!!:sunshine:
Lydia

LuvMyBoys
06-17-2007, 06:53 PM
I joined SR a few months ago after hearing about it on the DIS. When I started my goal was to earn $150 by our September trip to pay for part of the ticket cost of our second day.

So far I have already earned $200! :sunshine2: I have used that to help pay for our trip package :) I can't believe how fast I've earned money, and how much fun it has been! :sunshine:

Thanks Tricia for providing such a wonderful site! This site has been a tremendous help in ensuring that our fall trip is our best ever! :love:

PSL1013
06-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I only cash out for the Disney GC and it has paid for most of our eating on our last trip....we have another trip coming up at the end of October and with the two Disney GC that I cashed out for during the recent special, we will be "eating and drinking around the world" during the food and wine festival....can't wait!! Thank you Tricia...I will be thinking about you each time I hand them that GC for payment of our little glasses of wine and food samples !! :redwine: :redwine:

saikai
06-17-2007, 07:15 PM
I had only been a member of SR for about a month but I managed to earn $50 that I used for a Disney gc and a Target GC to buy supplies. The money I've earned since is going towards school clothes for the kids next fall. Thanks, Tricia!

Alice28
06-17-2007, 08:18 PM
I love ya Tricia! Your site has helped us do the following:

Disneyland, June 2006:
Breakfast in Tomorrowland
Lunch at Taste Pilot's Grill at DCA
Plethora of Disney Dollars that were spent on ice creams, popcorns, sodas
$60 spent at World Of Disney

Target Gift Cards August 2006:
End of summer bargains, stuff

Waldenbooks Gift Card Sept 2006:
WDW guidebook

Walt Disney World 2007:
Dinner at Nine Dragons
Drinks in France
Shopping at Basin in the Grand Floridian
Shopping at World of Disney
Refillable mugs at WL
Lunch at Tusker House
Lunch at Casey's Corner
2 pins each for my sons
Other stuff I am probably forgetting

Big Giant Move, May 2007
Gift Certificates.com for Crate and Barrel gift card for new home :sunshine:
Bought a doormat, candles, glasses, candle holders, towels

Saving for Walt Disney World 2008- so far have $73 in my SR pot; hoping for about $500 more by then!

Your site is my favorite and the only one I am loyal to. I don't even look at all the other ones except to do the paid email clicks. Your dedication to a fair site, your warmth and your sense of humor shine through every day! :sunshine2:

kimntrent
06-18-2007, 12:52 AM
You do the same thing as me. I actually have sent Tricia some of the clicks I have gotten because I would love to do them but want to do them through her.
________
Vaporizer Review (http://vaporizers.tv/)

3dog2kidmom
06-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Oh my gosh where do I start? LOL...

I paid for the DDP on my mother/daughter trip with Sunshine rewards -- we'll be dining with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare, the Chef Mickeys, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and Mama Melrose. I also used SR to pay for BBB for DD8's birthday treat, and we have a nice amount of spending $.

Now I am saving for our surprise Christmas trip :christmas:

gpp2001
06-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Well - with what I earned before January - paid for our food for the one day we were at Epcot before we went on our cruise and a few souveniers.

With what I have earned so far in GC's ($300) I will be buying dinner when we go to WDW in November.

Thanks Tricia! :mickey: :minnie:

~Kathie
06-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I paid for dinner at Cape May, several large collectibles from the last trip, dinner at Rose & Crown, and my Disneyland Tickets.

The Cheshire Cat
06-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Well let's see!

Last year I took all of us to see LaNouba! Boy are those tickets expensive!

This year I purchased the Pirate & Princess tickets and have fun money for my family!

:hugs:

TXMouseChaser
06-18-2007, 11:27 AM
So far I have cashed out for:

Amazon gift card to get the rest of my luggage
Disney Dollars for my trip
Target, Walmart and Border's gift cards to use towards Black Friday Shopping for Christmas.

Tricia, I can't thank you enough for all the gift cards. This year I am going to help my sister out with buying Christmas for her kids and that is what the gift cards are going to. We love to shop Black Friday and get the great deals.. I will be thanking you and all of SR family that day! :hugs:

wilsonfamily4
06-18-2007, 02:46 PM
I have used my rewards for some fun stuff and some practical. I had paid out through paypal so I could save it for Christmas shopping but we ran out of money last month so I was able to pull that money out and not use our credit card!! So nice. I also wanted to take the kids strawberry picking so we used my money and then we made jam. I like knowing my money gets to be fun stuff. I just cashed out for a 100 supercertificate and giftcertificate.com. I plan to use that for gift cards for Chiristmas.

losassok
06-18-2007, 03:37 PM
For the Oct trip I have $275 in Disney gift cards and $50 in Rainforest GC. Hoping for another $100-200 by the time we go. That will pay for some nice meals out. We don't do the DDP but do have the Dining Experience.
It really helps me since I seem to be the "Nana with the money tree in her backyard". I love to spoil my grandchildren. :heart: :love: :heart:

cglaura
06-18-2007, 05:31 PM
In the past I've received a long distance calling card...which actually turned out great b/c I was able to cancel my phone company prepackaged plan saving me $30 a month! I've also gotten Wal Mart cards for my daughter to download music. Now my efforts are geared towards a trip to Disney.

I've homeschooled my daughter, 15, since day 1. Being a single mom I work at home to be able to do so. These rewards are just fantastic for us! My daughter walks by "Clicking our way to Disney?? You go girl." LOL

Thanks Sunshine Family!

dis4ever
06-18-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm just about to cash out for the first time and it will be for a darden card. which will help pay for a meal while at disney and i foresee more to come. Thanks!
Sonya

dawgsgirl
06-18-2007, 07:03 PM
I used my earnings to help take my cousin and her 11 year old daughter to WDW for a week. We went Memorial Day week. It was a glorious trip. We were supposed to go the same week last year, but my cousin was starting her chemo. She has breast cancer. This was our victory trip!! Thanks Sunshinegirl!!!

wdwabby
06-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Well, I've only been here since the beginning of the month, but I was able to cash out for a $25 Disney gift card for our first trip to WDW in the fall and will be cashing out for a $25 eBags gift certificate to go towards my Baggalini messenger to use while at Disney!

The rest of my efforts up until then will go towards more Disney gift cards to buy souveniers and try to contribute to some of the out of pocket things my parents have planned since they're being nice enough to take me!

SR is the BEST! Thank you so much Tricia! I don't know why anyone would use any other site :sunshine:

chrissylou2
06-19-2007, 07:36 PM
I already cashed out for a 100.00 gift card and that is going toward our MVMCP tickets and will continue to add to my spending money we have until Novmeber so i have some time but Sunshine has been wonderful for putting some sunshine in our vacation!!! Thank you!!!!!

sunmagic
06-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks Tricia:eat: !
I cashed out a month ago for cash that will go toward meals on this year's vacation.

Next month, I plan to get in on the special Disney giftcard promotion and start saving toward a 'future' Disney trip. My thinking is: once I save up a bunch of funds that are designated 'Disney-only' we'll HAVE to go back!!!

I Love SR! :sunshine:

Peter
06-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Oh my gosh where do I start? LOL...

I paid for the DDP on my mother/daughter trip with Sunshine rewards -- we'll be dining with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare, the Chef Mickeys, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and Mama Melrose. I also used SR to pay for BBB for DD8's birthday treat, and we have a nice amount of spending $.

Now I am saving for our surprise Christmas trip :christmas:

Just wanted to say, have a great time on your Trip in 2 days!!! :sunshine:
:mickey: :minnie:

We spent all our rewards on our Med Excursions was close to $300.00

Thanks Tricia