PDA

View Full Version : Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Okay. So SunshineGuy and I have been talking through what we need to change on the site to get us in compliance with what the advertisers want to keep our offers.

Here are their suggestions: No Paypal cashout. Only doing one cashout a month and requiring at least 30 days to have passed since the offer has completed before giving credit. Preferrably more like 45. Requiring telephone numbers and identification verification before cashouts.

Here is what some of the other rewards site owners are pushing for or moving to as well: No more contests that reward people for completing more offers quickly (including number of offers or total credits earned in time period), requiring w-9s before cashouts, doing away with referrals. and disabling the trouble ticket feature so that people can no longer request manual credits.

Here is our compromise that we would like to put into place:
Trial offers that are subject to having credits revoked will "pend" in your accounts similar to shopping credits. They will show up as credit on hold until the 16th of the next month, which is usually when the advertisers revoke them if they are going to.
Shopping continues to pend as it is (3 or 21 days depending on SM status).
Survey credits and small offers/freebies will continue to credit as usual.
Referrals continue as usual.
Paypal cashouts will only go out twice a month (1st and 16th)
Identification will need to be verified for Paypal cashouts or electronic cashouts where we do not need a home address (like Amazon or GiftCertificates.com)
Leaderboard will continue but the pending offer credits will not count until they actually credit. Survey contest will continue.
No redemptions can be sent to P.O. boxes unless you can prove that the P.O. Box is your only address.
We will take trouble tickets but can only check our own stats to see if we have gotten credit because most advertisers will not take disputes anymore. If we see the same offer not crediting across the board, we will still follow up with the advertiser to try to get credits.

Please give me your thoughts. Obviously we would need to make a couple of really big technical changes to the system in the next week to add the new offer hold status. We would also need to settle on a good way of verifying identities for Paypal purposes.

Throw out your thoughts. I want to come up with something that satifies the requirements of the advertisers but is also good for our members and the longevity of the site.

TIAMOMMA
06-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi Tricia,

The changes sound reasonable. I'm not totally clear on gift certificate cash-outs. Will we only be able to request a Disney gc, (or other for the matter) once a month, and then wait 30-45 days after that before receiving it?

Thanks,

3dog2kidmom
06-17-2007, 05:32 PM
I have no problem with any of this, Tricia. I think I speak for most of us when I say we want you to take whatever steps are necessary to keep SR alive and well for us to continue to be able earn extra Disney money. I think all of the changes you listed are more than fair for everyone and if they will help you protect yourself and SR then it's all good. :sunshine:

TIAMOMMA
06-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh, what a glorious day - my banner finally showed up!!!!!!

Anyway, back to the subject at hand....

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi Tricia,

The changes sound reasonable. I'm not totally clear on gift certificate cash-outs. Will we only be able to request a Disney gc, (or other for the matter) once a month, and then wait 30-45 days after that before receiving it?

Thanks,

Gift Certificates can still be requested at any time. The only big difference (and it is big) is that if you sign up for Blockbuster on June 12th, you won't get the credit until July 16th. In the past, you would have gotten that credit by June 13th and then been able to cash out on June 13th. Now you would have to wait until I see if I actually get paid for the offer.

Hedy
06-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Sounds good.

ItsmeSunnyV
06-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Okay So as of right now, are we not allowed to cash out for pay pal till the 1st? Since it's already the 17th? Also, if we have already recieved gift cards from SR does that mean our addy is verified?

JillyFish
06-17-2007, 05:42 PM
I think it all sounds very reasonable....and a good compromise between your current policies and what the advertisers are asking for.

bartleby1
06-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Tricia - it seems very reasonable to me too. I agree that you need to do whatever is needed to make the advertisers happy (and of course all of us too, lol!). Of course, we all love the instant credits and quick turn arounds, but if that has to stop to keep everyone still earning than I think most of us are behind you!

DH was just saying how it looks like my earnings are coming to an end, and I responded with "I'm SURE that Tricia has something up her sleeve for us"! :cooldance:

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Right now, I am manually verifying all of the Paypal cashouts. If the money that you made was made in May, it is pretty much in the clear. It's only the June big trials that are now going to hold things up. I'm not quite sure how to transition between where we are and the twice a month paypal thing. If I say a certain date, I fear that all of the fraudsters will cash out immediately. So I am thinking that I will just need to manually verify for the next two weeks and then start the absolute line as of July 1.

Dove
06-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Sound's good to me too, Tricia ! I'm good with what ever you need to do ! :)

coastalgirl
06-17-2007, 05:54 PM
I have no problem with any of this, Tricia. I think I speak for most of us when I say we want you to take whatever steps are necessary to keep SR alive and well for us to continue to be able earn extra Disney money. I think all of the changes you listed are more than fair for everyone and if they will help you protect yourself and SR then it's all good. :sunshine:

I agree!!! :sunshine:

ItsmeSunnyV
06-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Well I was planning on cashing out, because I needed the money, but if ya think it's wise, I'll wait. It's no biggy! :)

faithhope
06-17-2007, 05:59 PM
I think the site will still be awesome. I don't think the changes will personally affect me much since I like cashing out for gift cards.

We can all adjust our behaviors, so that we don't count on offers to credit quickly.... it will be nice to still get paid for them, instead of them going away totally.

Thank you for all your time and effort to keep the site going and fun.

Faith
less than $10 from supermember.

jl8595
06-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Sounds like a VERY reasonable compromise! :sunshine:

sammielynn
06-17-2007, 06:24 PM
if it keeps things going I'm all for it. So there will be no cashouts until July 1 or am I reading things wrong. Really doesn't matter to me as long as I can keep earning something.
I hate to sound dumb but what is a W9?

PSL1013
06-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I go for what ever is easiest on Tricia and the Sunshine Rewards site in general. We are behind you, whatever you decide! I'm sure it will be fair and we will just have to adjust to all the changes, I for one, am so glad I found SR and I want it to stick around for a good long time! :love:

Alice28
06-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Sounds good to me.

My only question is, say we do a trial offer and we have 14 days to cancel during the 'free' period. If we cancel during that free period (say on day 12), will be not get the credit since we are pending for 30 days? I am not sure I get that part of it.

Other than that, everything sounds more than fair to me. I guess I missed whatever happened to really shake things up- I've kinda been out of the loop lately; SR is the only reward site I do seriously. I only do that 'other' one's free email clicks.

ChickiePants
06-17-2007, 08:04 PM
My suggestion as far as Paypal is concerned is that you can only cash out to people who have a verified home address or bank account (because -thanks to anti-terror laws - you have to verify your home address to create a bank account in the first place). I think the only doing it twice a month is a good idea too. I think they're all good ideas as a matter of fact! Also, I'm more than happy to wait til July 1 to cash out! We want to keep our Sunshine girl happy!

BBgirl
06-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm good with those changes. Whatever makes it easier on you.

Lisaj68
06-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Whatever you need to keep this awesome site up and running has my vote!!:thumbsup:

Lisa

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 08:56 PM
My only question is, say we do a trial offer and we have 14 days to cancel during the 'free' period. If we cancel during that free period (say on day 12), will be not get the credit since we are pending for 30 days? I am not sure I get that part of it.

A lot of this depends on how much the advertisers change how they are paying out for trials. If it continues the way that it has been, there are really only about 5 offers that we get credits revoked for. Then again, we have a lot less fraud than other sites. Some of the owners that I talk to get hundreds of credits cancelled a month and they have less traffic than we do.

I keep typing and erasing because I am not sure how to explain it. LOL! Let's put it this way. I had about 25 leads get revoked this month total. I'm sure that a LOT more than 25 people cancelled at the end of free trials. But only 25 people didn't get their credits. All other things being equal, the exact same 25 people would not get their credits under the new system and everyone else still would, regardless of when they did or did not cancel. The only difference is that instead of 100% of you getting credits and 2% of you having them revoked, 100% of you would have a hold on your credits and then 98% of you would have them actually go through on the 16th.

For people who only cash out every couple of months, it will not make any difference at all. It will only affect people who cash out as soon as they see their credits hit their account.

apettyjohn
06-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Sounds good to me. I have only one question. How will can I verify the post office box thing? We live in the country and only have a post office box. Whenever I have to have something sent to a street address, I have to use my cousins.Please let me know. Thanks, April

bbangel
06-17-2007, 09:13 PM
It sounds like you are working very hard to make all this work and I just want to give a big thank you to you and SunshineGuy for working so hard to keep this all going. I think once the new rules are clear to everyone it will all be good. I think most of us are solidly behind you and whatever you need to do.

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Sounds good to me. I have only one question. How will can I verify the post office box thing? We live in the country and only have a post office box. Whenever I have to have something sent to a street address, I have to use my cousins.Please let me know. Thanks, April

I was actually thinking of you when we made the decision to allow people to verify PO Boxes because I knew it was your address. :) We'll probably use whatever we end up using to have people verify Paypal.

Also keep in mind that we will have some kind of grandfather clause for people who have already been cashing out to gift cards before all of this happened.

plantlady
06-17-2007, 09:38 PM
I think it all sounds good.

I did just cash out via paypal, before coming and reading this... because vacation is coming up quickly, and I told my DH that it will probably take longer... so, we need to allow for more time.

I have no problems with twice a month cashouts via paypal, verifying, ect. It all sounds great, because we'll get to keep earning money!

chocovrdmicears
06-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Clearly you have put tremendous thought and effort in trying to make SR work effectively for everyone involved. I trust and respect whatever decisions you feel is best. I am committed to SR and am happy to do whatever needs to be done to ensure the longevity of the program. It just reassures me that I am involved with a very honest site! :sunshine2:

wisconsinmom
06-17-2007, 09:53 PM
I think all of those things sound very reasonable and fair. I'll be happy with anything that keeps the site working for all of us:) Thank you so much for all the work you are doing, I know the last week has been stressful. We all appreciate your hard work!

OregonGirlie
06-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow, I've had some oral surgery this week and clearly missed a lot. Only been logging in to do the survey, and the boards have been hoppin!

I think your ideas sound fair! I do like that there wont be any revoking of credits under the new system (the going from pending to completed is a nice way to do it, rather than thinking you have something but it can get taken away).

The paypal doesn't affect me. I came here for the Disney gift cards (do like the Rainforest ones too though). :) Do you mail checks? I had thought about cashing out for a check to put towards my AAA package.

My sad point is the 45 days from completing an offer to when you can get paid for it. That takes a huge chunk out of my earning period. If I had known about SR earlier, it wouldn't be an issue at all. But I'm on a bit of a clock, my next vacation we leave September 11. So realistically, by what date would I need to cash out by for my disney gift cards to arrive for that trip? Also, if the offers will pend for so long, when is the last day I should be doing offers in order to have them available when I need to cash out to get gift cards for my trip? (I guess 45 days pending, plus how many days to mail and get cards packaged up, etc?) Is the 45 going to be a fixed number, or is 30 more likely?

Either way, I need to do more offers I think. I'm just a bit nervous now. I've only ever done freebies on other sites so I'm ok. :) I just dislike this fraud bit. It's ok for them to screw us, but heaven forbid we follow their ToS!

Sorry to rant - this is a lot to take in. :) I'm glad I joined SR for my GPT earnings - I feel 'taken care of'!

SunshineGirl
06-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Now is actually a good time to be completing offers because they will credit to your account no later than July 16. So you would be able to cash out on July 16 and have your cards by early August. All of the offers that you complete in July would credit to your account August 16. So you would really still have time for those to credit and get your cards by September 11 as well. The only credits you would not be able to count on are August trial offers.

And remember that the surveys and small offers are still going to credit as usual. So you could do bigger offers June and July (if you want) and focus on surveys and freebies up until August 16. Then cash out. :)

Magical JenK
06-17-2007, 11:23 PM
The paypal doesn't affect me. I came here for the Disney gift cards (do like the Rainforest ones too though). :) Do you mail checks? I had thought about cashing out for a check to put towards my AAA package.

FYI...if you are looking to apply money for a Disney trip through AAA, you can use Disney Gift Cards! Very nice!! :)

m 'n c
06-18-2007, 12:26 AM
I think the changes are very fair and really aren't as bad as they could be.

I think it might be a good idea to verify physical addresses before sending out paypal cashouts from now on. Maybe make people cash out for a gift card of some sort or send a sticker or something so that you can verify a physical address. I know another program has started that since the crackdown has begun and it seems to be ok.

Pooh's Pal
06-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I think it might be a good idea to verify physical addresses before sending out paypal cashouts from now on. Maybe make people cash out for a gift card of some sort or send a sticker or something so that you can verify a physical address. I know another program has started that since the crackdown has begun and it seems to be ok.

I agree maybe a mailing with a code of some sort in it, then once you get the mail code, you could come onto SR website and enter it, verifying your address. (no sharing of codes...each one different?)

I'm with the majority here....do whatever is fair to you 1st and I'm sure we will all agree to accept the new rules....some might move on....but I'm sure lots will stay right here at home with SR!! ;)

kimntrent
06-18-2007, 12:59 AM
I don't see any problems with the changes. I would be keen on just gift cards. You could do some donation sites if you wanted to or prepaid visa's for those wanting paypal cash out.
________
Tv forum (http://www.tv-gossip.com/)

mollyeilis
06-18-2007, 01:12 AM
All of that is fine.

The *only* thing that makes me twitch a little bit is the phone number thing. Since I've had an issue with some sites b/c my phone number doesn't match my town, and I haven't been allowed to go further, I hope you don't do something automatic like that. We only have cell phones, and we got the # while living in one area code, and now we live in another!

And I know i'm not the only one; someone in our new apartment building was selling some furniture, and she had a Virginia area code. We live in Washington state! :)

nicholfamily5
06-18-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't cash out for paypal, just giftcards, but I feel your ideas are fair and just, and if it helps keep out the riff-raff (I love using that word) than I say jump on it.
I'm so sick of greedy people ruining things for honest peeps. I'm just a SAHM trying everything I can to make a few more bucks for my family vacation. It sucks that Tricia and everyone has to go through this because of dishonest people (on both sides....I'm never going to see that photostamps credit..sad)

I have said this a few times already, but thanks to Tricia, SunshineGuy and Cindy, as well as anyone else involved in the day to day. Your hard work is appreciated.

docsmom
06-18-2007, 05:21 AM
Sounds good to me. Thanks for working so hard for us. :sunshine:

linanglab
06-18-2007, 06:50 AM
Can you explain the PO Box thing again. We do not get mail delivered to our house. Can we just add another line to our address and put our street addy, PO Box #, city and state?

Angela

jnorth1007
06-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Please don't worry. I am quite sure that all of the loyal members who are always around posting and doing offers and asking and answering questions will be just fine. There are many ways that Tricia can find to verify your address. She needs to verify that your PO Box is your ONLY address which it is and there are very easy ways I am sure that she can do that. If I know Tricia she will find a way to get everyone verified that she feels is legitimate and loyal. For those people who are committing fraud purposefully, oh well, I hope they realize that Tricia and her family, and her SR family are not going to allow them to spoil our fun and our site. I am so pleased with all of the positive responses you guys have posted in response to this. I am sure it caused Tricia and Sunshine Guy alot of concern. I know they don't want to offend or lose any of you. It is wonderful that you are all on board in helping to make SR a better site for everyone and helping to get rid of the "riff raff" (I like that word too). I agree with all of you, this is all pretty much free money and whatever guidelines must be put into place in order to protect the system, I am all for it. :sunshine2:

apettyjohn
06-18-2007, 09:30 AM
FYI...if you are looking to apply money for a Disney trip through AAA, you can use Disney Gift Cards! Very nice!! :)

You're kidding me!! I did not know that! HOW???? Please tell me!Thanks April:cooldance:

TXMouseChaser
06-18-2007, 10:06 AM
I was away all weekend and just caught this thread.

I think you need to do whatever makes it easier on you and less stressful. You run a wonderful site and any rules you put down are for our own good! :hugs: I don't cash out for paypal but I do cash out for a gift card everytime I have 25 dollars.. Ok.. I am a dork and like to see my gift cards and count my gift cards many times LOL!.. just call me Scrooge McDuck.. !

disneynut
06-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Sounds good. I am sure most will agree that you need to do what you can to keep this all going. :sunshine:

jnorth1007
06-18-2007, 10:16 AM
You're kidding me!! I did not know that! HOW???? Please tell me!Thanks April:cooldance:

If you are using a travel agent you should be able to call them and give them the GC numbers and they can apply them. If you booked through Disney you can call them and give them the numbers and they can apply them. I think the only issue I have ever seen is when you try to use too many cards at once. So if you have smaller denominations I would ask how many you can use at once. Then spread out the payments over a couple of days if need be. HTH!

tfriend2000
06-18-2007, 11:01 AM
my only problem is the advertisers not accepting Trouble Tickets anymore.

Their ability to say - give us $5 and then we'll pay you if we feel like it and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, really doesn't sound all that attractive to me. I'm not like these advertisers very much these days. I think I'll really be backing off of those for awhile.

As for the rest of it, it all looks ok. Sunshine Rewards is the only site I use that allows unlimited Paypal cashouts anyway. It seems like most of the other sites are once a month.

jl8595
06-18-2007, 11:02 AM
If you are using a travel agent you should be able to call them and give them the GC numbers and they can apply them. If you booked through Disney you can call them and give them the numbers and they can apply them. I think the only issue I have ever seen is when you try to use too many cards at once. So if you have smaller denominations I would ask how many you can use at once. Then spread out the payments over a couple of days if need be. HTH!

And be sure to hold onto your giftcard, even if it's depleted. If you cancel or get reduction in your price, Disney will refund the money to the method of payment...and if that was with a Disney giftcard, they'll put it back on the giftcard...and if you threw that giftcard away and forgot the #, you're out of luck and won't be able to redeem it. A couple of folks on the DIS have complained about this very thing happening to them.

jnorth1007
06-18-2007, 11:05 AM
And be sure to hold onto your giftcard, even if it's depleted. If you cancel or get reduction in your price, Disney will refund the money to the method of payment...and if that was with a Disney giftcard, they'll put it back on the giftcard...and if you threw that giftcard away and forgot the #, you're out of luck and won't be able to redeem it. A couple of folks on the DIS have complained about this very thing happening to them.

Very good point. I am going right now to take digital pictures of the back of my cards so that I will have a record of the numbers.

jnorth1007
06-18-2007, 11:09 AM
my only problem is the advertisers not accepting Trouble Tickets anymore.

Their ability to say - give us $5 and then we'll pay you if we feel like it and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, really doesn't sound all that attractive to me. I'm not like these advertisers very much these days. I think I'll really be backing off of those for awhile.

As for the rest of it, it all looks ok. Sunshine Rewards is the only site I use that allows unlimited Paypal cashouts anyway. It seems like most of the other sites are once a month.

I agree that this is not attractive but in all honestly it is probably already what has been happening. They really aren't that good about giving credits on disputes for offers anyway. I think that this is just cutting out the aggravation of Tricia having to dispute it with them just so they can turn it down. If there is an overall problem with an offer not crediting she will still be able to discuss this with them and maybe find a resolution. There just wont be the ability to dispute single credits anymore. I think it will acutally be a little more reassuring to know that if an offer doesn't post within a few days that it is done and wont be crediting. Instead of dealing with the whole trouble ticket process for 3 months or more only to have them decline it. I know I am going to be much more choosy about what trials I do. I think of it this way, if I see something I would like to try, I will, if I get credit that is a plus, if not, it is a risk I take for free money LOL HTH! :sunshine2:

The Cheshire Cat
06-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Sounds alright. It won't be as much fun with the refresh button (hahaha) but whatever it takes to keep us going! It's become a daily part of my life that I really enjoy doing and I do not want to stop!

Set up whatever guide lines you need to. I think you have a good solid core of followers. We will adapt!:hugs:

Anne
06-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I think this is a fair compromise. I too, am not so excited abour the fact that the advertisers don't give us a way to dispute credits, but it doesn't sound like many of the disputes work for us anyway.

As for the other stuff, I don't mind it. I just have to adjust my thinking a little with the offers. I like the idea of having the pending status until its paid rather than getting the money than taking back.

I'm still urked about this whole fraud thing. They get to call cheaters when many of them take our info and sell it off to how many other companies to make money off our names.

krg1968
06-18-2007, 09:59 PM
I hope you get this all worked out so you can continue running your wonderful site. I really appreciate the effort that you put into making this a fun, profitable experience for everyone.
Thanks,
Kelly

disney_girl
06-18-2007, 11:28 PM
I agree that it sounds reasonable. If it makes it easier on you and your team and keeps SR up and running, I'm all for it!

dmarino
06-18-2007, 11:35 PM
So I'm late to the game on this one. Does the first new rule mean that you could do a trial offer, which may require some $ from you, and then if the advertiser revokes it before the 16th the next month that you won't get credit? What trial offers are "subject to having credits revoked" and why would they be?

I agree with some of the previous posters that it doesn't seem right that advertisers are basically saying "we may decide not to pay you for completing our offer and tough for you if we don't." However, I know this is not your fault, Tricia, and that you will do your best to keep advertisers who routinely don't pay off the board.

Debra

Mom2aPrincess
06-19-2007, 04:27 PM
I was actually thinking of you when we made the decision to allow people to verify PO Boxes because I knew it was your address. :) We'll probably use whatever we end up using to have people verify Paypal.

Also keep in mind that we will have some kind of grandfather clause for people who have already been cashing out to gift cards before all of this happened.

Yea...glad to see that my question was answered before I had to post it. I use a PO Box too and was curious as to how you'd prove this...

SunshineGirl
06-19-2007, 04:34 PM
So I'm late to the game on this one. Does the first new rule mean that you could do a trial offer, which may require some $ from you, and then if the advertiser revokes it before the 16th the next month that you won't get credit? What trial offers are "subject to having credits revoked" and why would they be?

Debra

That's correct. For example, if you sign up for Denise Austin and it costs you X number of dollars in June, you should see a hold credit on your account for it in June. Then on July 15, the advertiser could contact me and tell me that we are not getting credit for you and the credit would fall off of your account.

It is really the exact same thing as what happens now. Advertisers already notify us after the fact that we need to take back people's credit. It just truly doesn't happen very often. MOST advertisers will pay you for the trial even if you cancel it at the end. The only difference is that instead of going ahead and crediting your account and taking the chance that you will cash out before we can take the credits back from you (which we already do if we get a revocation notice), we just don't let you cash out. I can honestly say that we have only had TOTAL since SR started about 30 signups that we have had the credits revoked on. Unfortunately, about 20 of those were all in the last week. That tells me that advertisers are cracking down.

bbangel
06-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Tricia, I just wanted to say that the new email was great. Everything was very clear and the tone was spot on. Good job!

wdwabby
06-19-2007, 05:19 PM
I think your "compromises" are more than fair and reasonable! This whole thing sounds like a horrible mess for you to work through :( I've only done a couple pay to sign up trials, and unless I find anything else that really seems interesting, I won't be doing more - just sticking to the surveys and freebies.

So, I'm feeling dense (been at work all day and still am!) for those of us doing the surveys and sign ups that AREN'T paid trials, they'll still work as they have been - those little 30 and 40 centers won't be on hold for 30 days, right?

I've really been wanting to cash out for my eBags gift certificate, but it sounds like I should wait a while longer yet.

Thank you for running this site. I know I'm new here, but I'm really glad I found you all!

jollytammy
06-19-2007, 05:34 PM
very reasonable! very fair!
Thank you for all the work you're doing to help us keep making money!!!

tnrose
06-19-2007, 08:08 PM
I don't have a problem with any of the new terms but this.

Members will have to verify their identity, including home address, to us before they can receive Paypal cashouts or any other electronic cashouts such as Amazon gift certificates or GiftCertificates.com Super Certificates. In addition, we will not send rewards to post office boxes until you can give us proof that the box is your actual home mailing address.

I don't have a scanner, I don't have a printer so I will have to snail mail this info--and I already have to give pp a % of my earnings because I sold some stuff on ebay and they paid with cc. So I am just not even sure that getting someone to take me to a copy machine and then mailing my info to you is worth all this. I can do most of the same offers at QR.

jnorth1007
06-19-2007, 08:18 PM

Members will have to verify their identity, including home address, to us before they can receive Paypal cashouts or any other electronic cashouts such as Amazon gift certificates or GiftCertificates.com Super Certificates. In addition, we will not send rewards to post office boxes until you can give us proof that the box is your actual home mailing address.

I don't have a scanner, I don't have a printer so I will have to snail mail this info--and I already have to give pp a % of my earnings because I sold some stuff on ebay and they paid with cc. So I am just not even sure that getting someone to take me to a copy machine and then mailing my info to you is worth all this. I can do most of the same offers at QR.

Unfortunately I would bet that you will see changes like this one that deal with electronic cashouts on most of the rewards sites. This is the exact method that the fraud perpetrators use to make money. I know it is aggravating for those people who are truly legit but it really is a necessary evil. I wonder if there isnt something that you can discuss in private with Tricia that she can do to help you get verified with the least amounf of inconvienence. BTW, if you have already been cashing out through SR with paypal you may be able to fall under some kind of grandfather clause that Tricia mentioned in an earlier post. HTH!:sunshine2:

llgray16
06-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I think all the modifications are certainly reasonable. Sure, I always liked getting my cashouts shortly after submitting them but I completely understand why the changes ahve to take effect!

The non-credit thing does stink and will have me thinking twice about doing some offers. For instance I just did 2 pretty pricey offers (Denise Austin and Dr. Seuss) and neither has credited. Hopefully, the credits will show up but I have to deal with the fact that they might not :( I completely understand that it has nothing to do with SR but with the advertisers.

kimntrent
06-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Well said girl!
________
Video review (http://videoreviews.org)

3dog2kidmom
06-19-2007, 11:06 PM
That's correct. For example, if you sign up for Denise Austin and it costs you X number of dollars in June, you should see a hold credit on your account for it in June. Then on July 15, the advertiser could contact me and tell me that we are not getting credit for you and the credit would fall off of your account.

Hey Tricia... this is OT but since you specifically mentioned Denise Austin I have a question about this particular offer (feel free to move this post if need be)...

I fully intended to keep it, but the ball/exercises on the DVD hurt my back and I can't use them. The guy on the phone with DA said I could return them for a refund less S&H, but I don't want to do this if my credits would be revoked. I'll just pass it along to a friend and consider it a wash. Do you have any guidance? I think I just answered my own dilemma though...

SunshineGirl
06-19-2007, 11:21 PM

I don't have a scanner, I don't have a printer so I will have to snail mail this info--and I already have to give pp a % of my earnings because I sold some stuff on ebay and they paid with cc. So I am just not even sure that getting someone to take me to a copy machine and then mailing my info to you is worth all this. I can do most of the same offers at XX.

Unfortunately, not all sites are doing what the advertisers request. I don't want to take that chance on my site and risk losing the advertisers. I paid out over $200 to people last month that I ended up having the credits revoked on and those people are now long gone because I paid them via Paypal and did not verify any of their information. :(

SunshineGirl
06-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Hey Tricia... this is OT but since you specifically mentioned Denise Austin I have a question about this particular offer (feel free to move this post if need be)...

I fully intended to keep it, but the ball/exercises on the DVD hurt my back and I can't use them. The guy on the phone with DA said I could return them for a refund less S&H, but I don't want to do this if my credits would be revoked. I'll just pass it along to a friend and consider it a wash. Do you have any guidance? I think I just answered my own dilemma though...

I actually talked to the advertiser on DA today and this is one that I CAN file a dispute on, so I filed 5 of them with her and she said that we should hear back by the end of the week.

As far as whether we would have the credits revoked on this one if someone cancelled, I can't say for sure because the offer is still fairly new. I'm sorry!

llgray16
06-20-2007, 09:12 AM
I actually talked to the advertiser on DA today and this is one that I CAN file a dispute on, so I filed 5 of them with her and she said that we should hear back by the end of the week.

As far as whether we would have the credits revoked on this one if someone cancelled, I can't say for sure because the offer is still fairly new. I'm sorry!

Well, that is a bit of good news! Can I still file a TT on this one at 7 days then?

SunshineGirl
06-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Yes. I actually just submitted a big batch of these and will hear back soon. That will give me a better feeling for how good (or not good) this particular company is about the trouble tickets.

mollyeilis
06-20-2007, 11:02 AM
I paid out over $200 to people last month that I ended up having the credits revoked on and those people are now long gone because I paid them via Paypal and did not verify any of their information. :(

Ouch. I tend to think of your site's users as the people here (and on the dis, since that's where I came from), a bunch of people with like interests and with a mind to YOUR interests too, and it's sad to me to think that there are sneaky people lurking around, doing things like that. :( On other sites, of course, but not on yours! :sun:

SunshineGirl
06-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Ouch. I tend to think of your site's users as the people here (and on the dis, since that's where I came from), a bunch of people with like interests and with a mind to YOUR interests too, and it's sad to me to think that there are sneaky people lurking around, doing things like that. :( On other sites, of course, but not on yours! :sun:

The good thing is that I think we have very few problems compared to other sites. I've never lost more than $25-50 on someone. Other sites have lost hundreds of dollars. I think we have a couple things going for us 1) I'm a freak about watching for possible fraud flags, 2) We look so friendly that we scare away unfriendly people, and 3) we don't advertise in a lot of the places that draw the fraudulent traffic. We're really a lot of word of mouth from good people. Which brings more good people. :sunshine:

Alice28
06-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Unfortunately, not all sites are doing what the advertisers request. I don't want to take that chance on my site and risk losing the advertisers. I paid out over $200 to people last month that I ended up having the credits revoked on and those people are now long gone because I paid them via Paypal and did not verify any of their information. :(

Well, that is crummy!!!!!!!!!!!

SunshineGirl
06-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Well, that is crummy!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. It was a lesson well learned. LOL!

tcarr5
06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
sounds good to me :) :sunshine: :)

MdCaterer
06-22-2007, 12:45 PM

I agree with some of the previous posters that it doesn't seem right that advertisers are basically saying "we may decide not to pay you for completing our offer and tough for you if we don't." However, I know this is not your fault, Tricia, and that you will do your best to keep advertisers who routinely don't pay off the board.

Debra

FIRST:Tricia you and your team and your site ROCK!! I know that you are honest and doing the best job possible.

SECOND: Advertisers that ask you to pay money for a free trial and you have 7 days or whatever to opt out are playing a numbers game and hoping you will forget to cancel and they can bill you big time. They make lots of money this way. BUT for them to say, "if you do opt out in time we refuse to pay" that is WRONG. That is like hitting the jackpot in Vegas and being told you don't get the money because the odds were supposed to be that you would not win so we aren't paying! If their offer is you try it and if you cancel within the time frame they should have to honor those credits. I think that is only fair and legal. That being said if your site will not dispute those offers then we have been made aware that you will not persue those credits and I for one will not try any of those offers.

As for the paypal cash outs if those are costing you money because unsavory people are scamming you then you need to discontinue that service. It is a shame that someone always finds a way to mess up a good thing.

I wish you much continued success!!

SunshineGirl
06-22-2007, 01:08 PM
For the most part, we have still always gotten the credits for the trial offers if people truly tried them out. The bad thing is that we have always had a hard time disputing the credits if people cancelled early. I can only think of one offer where we had all of our credits revoked for everyone cancelling during the trial. But I can think of a lot of others where we could not dispute the credits if people cancelled.

I think that all of the companies should go to the system that we use with Gamefly. Or even Blockbuster. With Gamefly, you get a SMALL credit just to try the service. That way, it isn't so lucrative that a whole bunch of people sign up just to make tons of money. Then if you actually like it and stay, you get a bigger credit. That would cut back on a lot of fraud while still giving people a reason to try some of these products and services. And REALLY reward you if you end up liking the product or service.