PDA

View Full Version : Neck coolers and sunburn...

Hedy
05-26-2008, 10:03 PM
So, I'm off to WDW this August. Yay! However, hot, crowded places and sun are strong migraine triggers for me. I've got my hat, sunglasses and misty mate at the ready. I'm toying with getting a neck cooler thing, but I am concerned that it might wear the sunscreen off my neck, which would be bad. Any experience.

disneyforever
05-26-2008, 10:40 PM
I have 2 of the neck cooling things. They work great. DH and I are going
to WDW in Sept. I already have my important stuff packed! :sunshine2:

I also burn easily, so I am always putting on sunscreen - spf 40. I usually
reapply the sunscreen about every hour on my face, neck, ears, behind
my knees (really hate getting burned there), and tops of my feet.
Coppertone Sport makes a mini-size sunscreen that has a clip attached to
the bottle. I just clip it to my beltloop or my camera case. Also, DH just
found a mini bottle of spray on sunscreen - spf 30. That is great for tops
of heads (like mine) that get burned easily. So this Sept we will be taking
the 2 mini bottles and 2 neck coolers to the parks everyday. :cooldance:

Hedy
05-26-2008, 10:47 PM
So the neck cooler doesn't rub off the sunscreen?

disneyforever
05-27-2008, 04:40 AM
I am sure it probably rubs some of it off. I just always keep a steady supply of sunscreen on - so I have never really noticed.

3dog2kidmom
05-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Heather, try the Coppertone Sport sunscreen. My DH sweats constantly and with that it never seemed to rub or wear off and he didn't reapply a!ll day. If you can find a mini one that clips to your bag, even better. Elaine - where did you find that? Walgreens or someplace? I think I'll get that for DS' sports bag!

Hedy
05-27-2008, 08:19 AM
Heather, try the Coppertone Sport sunscreen. My DH sweats constantly and with that it never seemed to rub or wear off and he didn't reapply a!ll day. If you can find a mini one that clips to your bag, even better. Elaine - where did you find that? Walgreens or someplace? I think I'll get that for DS' sports bag!

I got mine at CVS for around $5.

JOLAROCHE
05-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Silly question what are these neck cooler things and where do you find them?

disneyforever
05-28-2008, 04:04 AM
I got the mini Coppertone Sport sunscreen with clip at Walmart. I think it was around $4 or so.

I got my neck thing on Amazon . com. I saw something similar at Walmart a couple weeks ago.