PDA

View Full Version : Disney Movies - Your choice?

linanglab
05-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Okay....What is YOUR favorite and least favorite Disney movie?

Thought it would be fun to see what everyone's faves and not so faves are!

linanglab
05-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Favorite? Little Mermaid, with Beauty and the Beast as a close 2nd (but I have alot of close 2nds which I will refrain from boring you with! LOL)

Least? Do not like Hunchback of Notre Dame and Chicken Little is a close 2nd.

Jusacuz
05-27-2008, 11:18 AM
I love most of them, but would have to say it's a tie between Cinderella & Alice in Wonderland.

Least favorite: MOST of the ridiculous "sequels" that went straight to video.

Wendi63
05-28-2008, 07:46 PM
I think my favorite has to be The Little Mermaid and I'm not sure about a least favorite. Probably The Black Cauldron. The kids don't seem to want to watch the older, lesser known videos as much.

fourfoxesinpa
05-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Hands down, absolute fave - Mary Poppins. She's just practically perfect in every way!

Least favorite - Home on the Range and any of those sequels that are released directly to DVD.

pbhall13
05-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Hands down, absolute fave - Mary Poppins. She's just practically perfect in every way!

That is my favorite also!!!!! Gosh I just love it.....and the bird lady is my favorite (I sing that song to my girls all the time)

A close second (and this is back to when I was a little kid) is Pete's Dragon. It is corny now when I watch it, but I love it all the same.

I am not a big fan of the sequels either!

m 'n c
05-28-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm a fan of cat movies - Oliver and Company and The Aristocats.

Least fav -> chicken little

Sunni
05-29-2008, 07:39 AM
I love Mary Poppins too. It was the very first movie I saw at a movie theater with my grandmother. But there is a tie....Beauty and the Beast!

I have to agree some of the sequels I do not enjoy.

mia214jia
05-29-2008, 08:12 AM
I think my Fav is The Jungle Book ! I remember seeing it at the theater! With The Lion King and Lilo&Stitch close behind.
I didnt care for Chiken Little either nor do I care for the sequels.
I think those take away from the imagination of the original.
To be honest I dont think good ole' Walt would approve them either.

MooseBrains
05-29-2008, 01:25 PM
We just love Disney movies and quote them in everyday life. I would say Pirates has really taken a place in our home.

Wee one just watched Mary Poppins and then tried to make the umbrella float! Each movie is so cute that I could never give an absolute answer.

MrsWonka
05-29-2008, 01:33 PM
I would have to say that my all time favorite is the Original Parent Trap. I loved Hayley Mills as a child, used to watch Parent Trap, Parent Trap 2 and Summer Magic all the time growing up.

My least favorite (please no flames) is Lilo & Stitch. I can't stand the whole theme, a little girl getting take away from her family who has no manners, has no respect for authority and talks back. What are we teaching our children??? Sorry...

schaery
05-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Fave Disney movie would definitely have to be Jungle Book. When I was little (a looong time ago) The Jungle Book came every May to our drive-in theatre. (See, I told you it was a long time ago). My dad would take me to see it every year. The year the drive-in close down, The Jungle Book came as usual but it stormed all week. The last day it was playing, my dad took me to see it in the rain. We taped up garbage bags over the window so the rain wouldn't leak in around the speaker.

Don't really know if I'd say this is my 2nd fave but POC has lots of eye candy in it. :rotfl:

mdapiggy
05-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Ok after much thought my Fave Disney movie is Mary Poppins with Cinderella as very close second. I still remember seeing Mary Poppins in the theator with my sister and just want to be her after the movie.

Least fave is Home on the Range

nolacindy
05-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Its hard to pick just one favorite, but I guess it would the The Aristocats for animated. Also for a nonanimated The Moonspinners with Haley Mills, if you haven't seen this one I would recommend it.

Least favorite.....The Three Cabelleros, not that its bad, just not one of my favorites.

jenvance
05-30-2008, 10:28 AM
This is a really hard question for me. I love almost all of the Disney Movies, and I go into kicks where I really love one for a while and forget about the other :)
My favorites are probably Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. I just love the pure fantasy of the movies. Toy Story comes in a close second. My least favorite is hard. I cannot think of one disney movie that I hated. I didn't particularly care for the Three Caballaros, I guess if I had to pick one. Wall e Doesn't look that great.

Sheila
06-10-2008, 04:01 AM
Hmm, hard to say but I think I got two movies for first place. "The Jungle Book" and "The Lion King". I really can't decide which one I like more. :)

Magical JenK
06-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Hmmm...hard question....there are so many newer ones I haven't seen....but I have to say I thought Chicken Little was cute...maybe because he looks like my nephew...

For my faves....I loved Pollyanna & Parent Trap (always wanted to be a twin) & of course Cinderella, Beauty & the Beast, Lady & the Tramp, Fox & the Hound,.....well a lot....

As a kid, I hated Fantasia...I think the brooms scared me & I haven't seen it since.

Weluvdisny
06-15-2008, 08:10 PM
It too hard to pick one favorite. I like The Lion King and The Little Mermaid. Many others are very close to my :heart: for different reasons.

I would have to say Alice in Wonderland is my least favorite.

arob414
06-15-2008, 10:04 PM
As a kid, Parent Trap (the original). As a mom, Aristocats and Winnie the Pooh bring back a lot of memories of having a small one, being pg and laying down to "watch" movies with her. Took probably 20 times before I saw all of Aristocats. These days, Pirates of the Carribean. Love Jack Sparrow.:love: