PDA

View Full Version : Why arn't my friends joining me?

jaime
05-27-2008, 03:31 PM
I have 89 points, I didn't even really start trying to get surveys until May 9. I have a rather large group of online friends (about 80 girls), our group has been posting together for 3 years. I told them about how wonderful this place was but they have not joined me over here yet!

I think I will tell them again after I make it to $100. Can I put the a SR banner in my siggy over there? Our forum is owned by one of my friends, so I'm sure she wont mind, but is it okay with SR?

sunshinecindy
05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
I have 89 points, I didn't even really start trying to get surveys until May 9. I have a rather large group of online friends (about 80 girls), our group has been posting together for 3 years. I told them about how wonderful this place was but they have not joined me over here yet!

I think I will tell them again after I make it to $100. Can I put the a SR banner in my siggy over there? Our forum is owned by one of my friends, so I'm sure she wont mind, but is it okay with SR?

A lot of people are leary of sites like ours even though we aren't the "typical' reward site, we are honest and more of a community.
If your friend that owns the forum has no problem with you posting a banner in your siggy, we sure don't either.

Hedy
05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
SR is fine with you posting banners on sites as long as the don't prohibit it, or a site that's forbidden in the TOS (ie auto-surf sites).

But seriously, I cant get my friends to join. I even try to point stuff out to them (ie, one friend just bought an iFrogz case) where they'd get rewards, but no bites.
and the referrals I do have, I don't know, so they just sit at $2 forever. :computer::computer:

askomsky
05-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I think it's hard to jump right in. Shelly told me about SR 2 yrs ago and it wasn't until our impending Nov 07 WDW trip that I jumped into it. I have 3 referrels just sitting there 2 are .50 away from $5. I've even sent long emails explaining in great detail about SR to help encourage them. I think some like Cindy said are hesitant. I'm ready to send them an email bc their just so darn close!
I also belong to a forum (that' swhere Shelly and I met) of about 20 women we've been together for 10 yrs this fall and Shelly has been trying to get them to join since she did! I even piped in and it hasn't helped.

lanny76
05-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Quite frankly, I'm probably not going to get referrals because I don't have a huge circle of friends online, or offline either! I have a good number of friends, yes, but most of them work, or are very busy with other things and just aren't into this sort of thing. One friend asked about it, so I told her about it, sent her the link, and so on, but she has never said another word about it! So if anyone is getting a lot of referrals or even just a few, I am quite impressed with that - and good luck with them earning!

iluvamystery89
05-27-2008, 05:00 PM
i have the same problem...i belong to a VERY large (no pun intended) online community of gastric bypass patients and i posted about SR almost a month ago on my state board-about 20 ppl pm'd me asking for information and 4-5 signed up, but they've since made no effort to earn anything. i've sent several e-mails to encourage them and give them tips, but it hasn't worked. i can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to be a part of SR.

Magical JenK
05-27-2008, 05:08 PM
I've tried, begged, convinced, inspired, impressed my friends & family members, but NOTHING. My MIL was doing it for awhile, but not as obessively...err...diligently as me!! :0)

Alice28
05-27-2008, 07:45 PM
I don't get it either. Even if people don't want to do the surveys, most people I know like to online shop.I don't get what's so hard about clicking thru SR first, KWIM? I even SHOW them my Disney gift cards and tell them, "I got these for basically free." They're duly impressed, but still don't want to do it themselves. :confused: I have referred, gosh, probably 10-15 people who I KNOW have done well at SR (and sadly a few of them never clicked on my referral link, but oh well), so I am pleased for them. :love:

sunshinecindy
05-27-2008, 07:50 PM
just aren't into this sort of thing!

What sort of thing? I don't know a women alive that doesn't love to shop OR save money. I think some just need to be shown that end of it, and throwing the surveys and offers and freebies at them makes it sound more confusing. If you know someone that shops, and all of us do, then introduce it as a place to shop through and "use their discounts" and "support their unique little mom and pop shops" and get some money back while doing it, just by going to SR first, checking out what coupons they have, use the product search or just pick a merchant and shop.

chipndale
05-27-2008, 10:01 PM
What sort of thing? I don't know a women alive that doesn't love to shop OR save money. I think some just need to be shown that end of it, and throwing the surveys and offers and freebies at them makes it sound more confusing. If you know someone that shops, and all of us do, then introduce it as a place to shop through and "use their discounts" and "support their unique little mom and pop shops" and get some money back while doing it, just by going to SR first, checking out what coupons they have, use the product search or just pick a merchant and shop.

Well said Cindy. I managed to convince my mother to join because she does alot of shopping...and more and more of it online. So I have been holding her hand and walking her through the process so that she will order more from SR and get that extra % in her account. At first I had to actually place the order for her and she watched. Then I had to sit and watch while she did it. After that she called me on the phone and talked the whole process through to me. The last order she placed she did it all herself! Finally she has got the process down. Now she wants to learn about offers and daily surveys. I think we will start with surveys first and then try offers. I just hope I survive. :rotfl:

mirandag819
05-27-2008, 10:13 PM
My mom was in town this weekend and was very impressed watching me. She actually was talking about buying a laptop when she gets home, getting the internet, and joining !

She hasn't had the internet since my sister moved out, and SR may be all it takes to get her back online. How impressive is that ?

MooseBrains
05-28-2008, 10:54 AM
I had many new referral this past month but only two are active. I think it is hard to start out. I know I still have questions. It takes having a friend or mentor to walk you through the process of surveys, clicks, shopping.

Once a person understands it is easy but to start out is hard. I am not a shopper at all but Mom bought a HDTV online and came to me to order it. I went to SR and Circuit City. I just got $9.00 for Mom's purchase.

Jamie, you are doing great and just keep telling people. Little by little they will join and stay.