PDA

View Full Version : A Reward Suggestion

tfriend2000
06-18-2007, 11:35 AM
I might be the only one to use this, but with the paypal changes it would be helpful to me.

I always send part of my Reward Program earnings to Kiva.org

Is there a way we could get a Kiva.org gift certificate option?

I know that Paypal agrees to process all transactions for them fee free, so there shouldn't be any cost.

http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=gift&action=home

SunshineGirl
06-18-2007, 12:31 PM
I was actually thinking about doing a spotlight charity of the month. Kevin and I were talking yesterday about SR committing a certain amount of dollars each month to an organization. Then putting a cash out option for that charity that month. That way, we could spotlight different things that are important to our members and show that we want to participate as well. Members could then make suggestions as to which organizations they would like us to spotlight and write something up if theirs is chosen.

What does everyone think of that?

kimntrent
06-18-2007, 01:04 PM
I love it. But my mom already emailed you on that. LOL!
________
****TBE (http://www.****tube.com/)

bbangel
06-18-2007, 01:17 PM
I think that is a great idea!

Hedy
06-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Great idea. Would you consider voting on different charities, or how would it be done?

wilsonfamily4
06-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Love that idea. There are some really good ones out there and I would love to learn about others

Lisaj68
06-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Love it! My very first (and only!) payout was to the Breast Cancer walk that Tricia participated in!

The only potential issue I could see is regarding taxes. Are the credits (money) actually ours to donate and then receive a tax credit on our income taxes?

krg1968
06-19-2007, 01:00 PM
That sounds like a great idea. I would like to be able to donate to the Salvation Army. At my office we are 'encouraged' to donate to the United Way and I would much prefer my money to go somewhere else.
Thanks for the lovely idea,
kelly

kimntrent
06-19-2007, 01:07 PM
I agree. There are so many companies that have so much overhead even though they say that all the $$ goes to somewhere. We do mostly Relay for Life or Susan G. Komen and then St. Judes.
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

bbangel
06-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I just want to thank the OP for reminding me about Kiva.org. I had read about it and meant to go sign up and then put it on the back burner. Just went and made a loan to a wonderful lady in Honduras!

SunshineGirl
07-17-2007, 12:16 AM
I was actually thinking about doing a spotlight charity of the month. Kevin and I were talking yesterday about SR committing a certain amount of dollars each month to an organization. Then putting a cash out option for that charity that month. That way, we could spotlight different things that are important to our members and show that we want to participate as well. Members could then make suggestions as to which organizations they would like us to spotlight and write something up if theirs is chosen.

What does everyone think of that?

This is funny. I posted this on 6.18 and we have been working on getting it up and running. Someone emailed me today another rewards site's posting almost verbatim on 6.30 that they are going to start doing this and that "they came up with this great idea."

I know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But it just cracked me up. LOL!

jnorth1007
07-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Ahhhh Its not who does it first its who does it best. I wonder how many people died trying to fly before the Wrights actually did it????:)