PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to ask this....

jacaluho
05-28-2008, 04:16 PM
For all of you that earn some many disney gc and dollars and pay for your trips with them, how do you do it? I don't mean how do you earn them, how do you use them to pay? :confused: Don't you have to put your reservation on a credit card? Just curious as to how this all works! TIA

Hedy
05-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I paid part of my package off with gift cards online, easy as pie. I also used both gift cards as well as DD's to pay my room bill-just go to concierge at your hotel.

jacaluho
05-28-2008, 04:27 PM
So you do just make the reservation with the credit card and then when you get to the resort have them take it off your card and pay with the gift cards?

JillyFish
05-28-2008, 04:48 PM
What I did was when I made may reservation, I put the down-payment only on my credit card. Then each time I needed to make a payment, I would call CRO and could use the GC's over the phone. You just have to read them the number. You can only use two gift cards at once (per phone call) though so it's nice to have larger card amounts, like $100.

m 'n c
05-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I paid through the online reservation system. I used a gc for part of my deposit and a CC for the other part and then input each gc as a method of payment. It was really easy to do and you could use as many as you wanted each day. It was 1 per transaction but you could have multiple transactions each day.

linanglab
05-28-2008, 05:00 PM
I was also able to give the gift cards to my TA and she was able to pay for me.

cglaura
05-28-2008, 05:32 PM
I made mine on the phone (it was room only, not a package...not sure if it matters). I used a GC for the deposit, then as I rec'd more I called and applied them. I never gave them a cc at all.

JillyFish
05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Now that I think about it.....I used GCs for my deposit too.

jacaluho
05-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks you guys, I really appreciate your info! :sunshine:

Magical JenK
06-04-2008, 04:29 PM
My package is booked through AAA & just gave her the gift card #s & she was able to apply them as well. Very easy!

jacaluho
06-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks again. I have gc and dd to cash out for plus I have gc that I am buying through my kids scrip program at school. We get 80% back in the summer!