PDA

View Full Version : Anyone suddenly getting all these free magazines?

Anne
06-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey everyone! Are any of you suddenly getting free magazines in the mail that you did not request? I am wondering if someone is selling my name and address info off to these companies. I have had two this week, ones that I absolutely know I did not sign up for.

I'm wondering if it was the cooking magazine which was on here a few weeks ago. First, I got a Rachel Ray magazine and today a Reader's Digest. Now I have to dink around with canceling them and I will be urked if I keep getting more.

Just seeing if anyone else has this problem.

wilsonfamily4
06-18-2007, 06:03 PM
I got the same 2!!!!

I thought it was just something I did wrong and so I wrote cancel on the invoice and need to send it back. Though I may actually keep the Rachel Ray one. I hate being signed up for things I know I didn't sign up for!!!

jnorth1007
06-18-2007, 06:30 PM
I also got the Rachel Ray last week. I called and they cancelled it immediately with no problems. I didnt get the Reader's Digest but I think RR is done through RD. If I am not mistaken these were sent through one of the free offers we did. Im not sure why but it is another one of those Columbia House things that is happening. I imagine that most everyone will get these also. Just call the number listed in the Rachel Ray magazine and they cancel it for you very easily. I am very careful about what things are checked off on the offers I do but somewhere along the way there must have been something we missed.

Anne
06-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one :)

I guess I am going to have to call and cancel with them. It's funny, I thought about keeping the cooking one, but I don't know if I will if they are going to keep selling my information.

Alice28
06-18-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm getting frustrated with the cooking one, cause they keep sending me a bill even though twice I have requested to cancel. I thought about keeping it too, but there were SO MANY ads in the magazine!

ItsmeSunnyV
06-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Me too, but just the Rachael Ray one.

jnorth1007
06-18-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm getting frustrated with the cooking one, cause they keep sending me a bill even though twice I have requested to cancel. I thought about keeping it too, but there were SO MANY ads in the magazine!

These aren't the same ones that everyone is getting now. The one you keep getting was an offer that we all did. They should have cancelled it as soon as you asked them to. The ones everyone is getting now were never knowingly signed up for. They are included somewhere in one of the free offer surveys.

January
06-19-2007, 12:09 AM
I got Reader's Digest and Men's Health.:confused: I called to cancel both.

ShanPooh
06-19-2007, 12:18 AM
I got Rachel Ray and Taste of Home. When the invoices came I wrote CANCEL and sent them on their way.

LuvMyBoys
06-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Wow, that makes me sad to know that Taste of Home would be doing that kind of marketing. They were such a great company before they were purchased by Reader's Digest :(

I did the cooking club magazine offer too, so I guess I'll be on the look out for unwanted magazines in the mail :confused:

You would think that someone in these company's marketing departments would realize the negative impact this kind of marketing has on consumer's opinions of the company :confused:

wilsonfamily4
06-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Well I did end up buying the Rachael Ray magazine. I know I should have said no way after they just sign me up without me knowing but I liked this one. I also got around to finally sending my canceled invoice to Readers Digest. I also sent my second canceled invoice to the Health and Wellness magazine. Goodness. So much work.

mollyeilis
06-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Hmm, I wonder where they are coming from!

I actually did all 4 of those magazine/club offers (golf, cooking, healt, and crafts), but haven't received anything else. I did get rid of two and kept two, but it took over a month for any actual magazine from them to arrive, and nothing else has come.

On the other hand, I saw at the end of a site where you "rate" "biz"nesses a link to click on and choose your up-to-4 "free" magazines (for a $2 each fee)...I wonder if the mags are coming from something like that?

Or maybe Rachel Ray just doesn't like me enough to send me her magazine. :)

wilsonfamily4
06-20-2007, 04:28 PM
I personally don't think these new magazines have anything to do with the other 4 magazine offers. I think it was some other offer.

jnorth1007
06-20-2007, 04:39 PM
I agree. These 2 magazines, rachel ray and readers digest, are not associated with the other trials for craft club, cooking club, health and wellness and golf something or the other. Those four were actual trial offers that you had to actually sign up for. These 2 new ones are ones that somehow we signed up for "accidently" when doing one of the free offers.