PDA

View Full Version : Anyone attend Candlelight Processional?

fourfoxesinpa
05-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Did you do the dining package? If not, how long do you have to stand in line to get a seat?

If you did the dining package, what time did you eat and where?

Do you have to be a guest at a Disney Resort to reserve the package?

And recommendations/input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hedy
05-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Never fear, Heather the unhelpful is here.
We opted not to do the Candlelight processional, because:
1. We were not excited about the speaker
2. You eat, then see the show, so it's A)kind of tight andb)you still need to wait in a loong line-and we have better things to do on vacation than wait.

MooseBrains
05-30-2008, 03:22 PM
I did go to CP last year and it was so beautiful and moving. We just loved it. I don't know if you must be a guest at the resorts, I would almost say no.

The restaurants in Epcot were part of the package. We ate in Italy but when making the ADR you must ask for the CP package.

We have a nightmare FP so we didn't have to wait in line but it was very very long. However, all seats are good seats and again, it was wonderful.

chipndale
06-02-2008, 11:05 AM
We have done the CP the past 2 years with very different experiences. The first year we had a package booked at the end of our trip in Germany. We happened to end up in Epcot one evening and was just walking around sampling the beer and walked right in to the show. We had good seats for just walking in and sitting down. A few nights later we ate at Germany and went and stood in a long line to get into the show. We had better seats but not that much better. Germany was a good choice because it is a buffet and everyone could find something they liked. Yes, I have alot of picky eaters! Last year it was a smaller group and I talked my mom into the United Kingdom. IMO - the food in better at UK than Germany but the service was terrible. We had one of the first ADRs almost 3 hours later we were just leaving the restaurant. By the time we got to the show, they had already started to seat the walk up people. Since we had done the package we were guaranteed a seat but it was the last row of the guaranteed area. THe ones that stood in line was right behind us. We are going again this year and are really undecided as to if we should do the package or not. I think we are going to book the package for later in the week and try to go to Epcot earlier in the week and see if we can just walk in to a show. If we can, than we will cancel the package. If you have any more questions, just ask away.

DisGal71
06-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Hello
We did not do the dinner package, we stood in line and sat in the last row, it was easier this way because we did have a stroller. It was GREAT! very moving to hear the speaker read, we had Rita Moreno and she read the story with such emotion it was incredible and then to listen to the choir sing in between was awesome. We can't wait to do it again and we always suggest it to friends.

schaery
06-09-2008, 08:00 PM
DH and I have done the CP dinner package 2 years in a row, and have really enjoyed it. First year was San Angel Inn and last year was LeCellier. This year, I'm taking DD and it will be a budget-friendlier trip so no package but I'd still like to see the CP. It's a really wonderful Christmas show. And, no, you don't have to be a resort guest to reserve a package but guests may be able to reserve a package earlier than non-resort guests. You can get that info at 407-wdw-dine, I'm sure.

fourfoxesinpa
06-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks for all the tips. Still not sure what we'll do. We're only spending 3 days at the parks after our cruise and only 1 at Epcot. So, I might call a family meeting to order so we can decide.

Thanks again everyone!

Mom2aPrincess
06-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Even if you don't do the package, I would HIGHLY recommend the Candlelight Processional. It is so moving. It's a way to bring the real meaning of Christmas to Disney. I loved it (as did my family), and would do it ANY time I was at Disney and it was going on. We did the dinner package Le Cellier. With a younger daughter, I wanted to be able to go sit and relax while we waited on the show to start - not wait in line.

Pooh's Pal
06-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Booking for the CP package starts Monday, June 23rd, will you all be on the phone with me at 7am? :sunshine2: